Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Music Thread..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 90>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2020 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by Go Flash Go Go Flash Go wrote:

Well Spring was a while ago .... let's see what's left Wink

Blue Diamond Day .....P.S. some Music Video making tips for free kids Smile

.... nothing much now apparently Ouch
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2020 at 5:32pm
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 1:35pm

Haha La Femme Fatale .....

ps this song has words ..... ÿeah Wink

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 1:42pm
Cheesus ,   Flash ---   You have no consideration for us aged & infirm.

Your Post almost sent me into a paternal seizure.

Absolutely Beautiful ...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 4:11pm
Trie ...There was a warning .... the words she's all about ... till says yeah .....then it's all over  Wink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 6:26pm
The best Sounds Of Silence cover you will hear - & there are plenty. Check out the guitar half way through. Sit back - turn up the volume & enjoy !

Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2020 at 11:16pm
That above was meant to be .... 

Tried with ... there was a warning to ... concentrate on the words .... so as fits in with the theme of that previous song aas that's why picked it ... but it can be difficult Shocked  (best of luck macca) they put that together very well.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 3:48pm
I don't appreciate much music. Especially of later times.

Jimmy Barnes would be top of my hate list .. All of those performers induce Manic States , with their uppers and downers.
Johnny O'keefe spent time in North Ryde Psychiatric Center regularly.
Was known as a great Bloke , really appreciated the help he received.

I'd lock Barnes up as a Public Nuisance.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 5:14pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I don't appreciate much music. Especially of later times.

Jimmy Barnes would be top of my hate list .. All of those performers induce Manic States , with their uppers and downers.
Johnny O'keefe spent time in North Ryde Psychiatric Center regularly.
Was known as a great Bloke , really appreciated the help he received.

I'd lock Barnes up as a Public Nuisance.

I hear lol he has shares in Cochlear Macca.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 6:33pm
You too Croca ...    Now having returned from the dictionary ,   I can understand your post.

I find him repulsive ,   Chemical induced mania when performing I'd suggest.        . An occupational hazard.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 6:35pm
Isn't David Campbell his son ...   From a previous trip to the trough.

Campbell has quite a good voice.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Apr 2020 at 6:58pm
I know something about opening windows and doors
I know how to move quietly to creep across creaky wooden floors
I know where to find precious things in all your cupboards and drawers
Slipping the clippers
Slipping the clippers through the telephone wires
The sense of isolation, the sense of isolation
Inspires me
I like to feel the suspense when I'm certain you know I am there
I like you lying awake, your baited breath charging the air
I like the touch and the smell of all the pretty dresses you wear
Intruders happy in the dark
Intruder come
Intruder come and he leave his mark, leave his mark
Leave his mark
Leave his mark
Leave his mark
Leave his mark
Leave his mark
Leave his mark
I am the intruder

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 2:09pm
For Reggie think it was him ...... darn it.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Apr 2020 at 2:25pm
Painful ,   They call that entertainment.

Worse than getting burnt at the stake.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 1:39pm
The Band is reminiscing about their time as kids back home which is what they are missing from where they are now - on tour overseas - now that they have become famous ... 

Reggie was known by many on here and we'd have some cordial chats at races - a true Gentleman and friend.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

The best Sounds Of Silence cover you will hear - & there are plenty. Check out the guitar half way through. Sit back - turn up the volume & enjoy !

Thanks have re-strung the guitar for the long haul ... with more to come on this .... not from me ! don't worry LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 10:48pm
p.s. love the interpretation that's about how the energy goes when you play a song on your own with a bit of improvision .... Smile
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Apr 2020 at 11:06pm
Sorry, but that's bloody awful.
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 12:04am
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 12:29am
I never thought we would agree on anything Stayer.  

He sounds like a chipmunk, and the guitar half way through is just rubbish.  It is basically two chords thrashed out.  I could play that and my playing is appalling.   

Worst of all I think he dishonors the song.  It cannot be allowed to stand.  

This is the 1964 original recording.  A simple 2 part harmony over Simon's gentle strumming and picking counterpointing the, well, sounds of silence.  The basic stereo separation in the original track  that has Simon in one channel and Garfunkel in the other just highlights the superiority of Artie's splendid vocal.  

The curious thing is that the acoustic version was a commercial flop along with the album 'Wednesday Morning 3AM' and the boys had actually split up before the song began to receive airplay in the US. Producer Tom Wilson brought in session musicians to play over the acoustic original and rereleased the single.  This version went to #1 and launched the reformed Simon and Garfunkel as international stars.

Wilson was no fool.  He had recorded Dylan's early albums including the Like A Rolling Stone single and is often credited with bringing Dylan into the electric age.  That, together with the electric remix of Sounds of Silence basically launched the folk/rock idiom.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 3:16am
Can’t we even get away from your bollocks on the music thread Tonto. You take the cake as the number one know all on here - numero uno - well done. Just because someone says they like a piece of music you are entitled to not agree. Just save us the pontification please. Seriously boring !
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 3:24am
I know

I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know, I know....
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 9:54am
Originally posted by Go Flash Go Go Flash Go wrote:

Haha La Femme Fatale .....

ps this song has words ..... ÿeah Wink

I quite fancy the yellow wiggle😃
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 10:00am
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

This is the best.

I agree with Stayer, this was much much better.
No vocal gymnastics for a start
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 10:05am

As far as cover versions go. This is right up their. Totally reworked but the songs not lost in the attempt to do so

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 10:18am

As far as cover versions go. This is right up their. Totally reworked but the songs not lost in the attempt to do so

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 11:46am
This is ANOTHER one of my favorites. Don't worry I've checked with Tonto & he has given me the green light ,

Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 1:39pm
You big sook Cry    Did someone disagree with you on the internet ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 1:52pm
I think the Jokes thread might work for you as well Tonto. 3 paragraphs of tosh explaining why a joke isn't funny. Dont you understand music appreciation is a very personal thing. As i said - by all means say you don't like a song - just leave out the half page of justification. Deary me !
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2020 at 1:56pm
Enough 1-1
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 6465666768 90>