Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Music Thread..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 91>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 9:05am

leighton meester gets me a bit hot under the collar just quietly.
Pendulum View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pendulum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 10:50am
She goes fast. But to be fair, the guy 'singing' along with her deserves a fair crack in the scone.

Listening to the qemists at the moment, good stuff
dan moor = gun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote dan moor = gun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2009 at 11:17am
Coldplay have to be one of the best bands on the planet
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 9:57am

Now in the morning l sleep alone, Sweep the streets l used to roam. Cry

Holds a bit of a warning for us punters out there. (Love the use of the violins in that)

Current pop - love when Battlefield by Jordin Sparks comes on. She really belts out that song.

Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2009 at 10:39am
Lilly AllenĀ Thumbs Up
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 2:02am
Mariah Carey's cover of Foreigner's "I want to know what love is..."  It's so bad it's almost funny.

Dead

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JS_ZJj79-9M

Gettingbigger View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gettingbigger Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Sep 2009 at 10:42pm
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Sep 2009 at 12:53am
Slim Pickens View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 8:30am
A bit of chill out music, i think the forum needs it tonight.

First off the lovely Iris DeMent with the gorgeous Emmylou Harris Heart

Then the great John Prine and Iris (a wonderful ditty)

Enjoy.

< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 11">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FikZwgj89HI&feature=related

< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 11">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5axlwCBXC8

Who says i'm dumb?
reldas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 8:48am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mkDTly4sVsc 
compliments of my youngen Este
Success demands singleness of purpose
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 8:58am
I love her tatt Reldas but i didn't understand a word she sung Wink
Who says i'm dumb?
DiamondsAtDusk View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondsAtDusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 9:07am

We Started Nothing.
reldas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote reldas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Oct 2009 at 9:19am
ah Slim the music is universal language mateWink
Success demands singleness of purpose
Snort View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Snort Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Oct 2009 at 10:23am
Pearl Jam's new song is very good.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 7:21am
Originally posted by Slim Pickens Slim Pickens wrote:

A bit of chill out music, i think the forum needs it tonight.

First off the lovely Iris DeMent with the gorgeous Emmylou Harris Heart

Then the great John Prine and Iris (a wonderful ditty)

That's absolute Gold Slim, love the harmonies again and l've just decided l've gotta get me a violin before l'm done, (wouldn't mind one of those Emmylou Harris's either but l've learnt they're a bit too dangerous to play with Wink)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 7:53am
Ok Flashy i'll see your Iris & Emmylou and raise you with Bonnie & Norah, Tennessee Waltz like you ain't ever heard! C'mon villagers get your partners, make room on the lounge floor, do a bit of cheek to cheek dancing, a dollop of hand to cheek dancing, and enjoy.Wink

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zzDUi_L6MzA

Who says i'm dumb?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 8:38am
Bonnie's a beauty Slim she's really got that song, lovely to listen to. Norah's a bit lost never finds Bonnie at all, Emmylou was a little like that at the start of their song but half way through she tuned-in to Iris brilliantly and that violin Cry
Talk about over-time Shocked gotta get going home (doesn't feel like l've been at work Wink)
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Oct 2009 at 11:43pm
John Prine again, can't help it, this guy is an amazing singer/storyteller,(voice aint as great as it's heyday owing to illness) this is in a school auditorium.

did that cruelty case thread go missing?, i was just about to reply (better i don't).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9DA-u2EhmA

I've got some real nice fiddle tunes Flashy but they're not on youtube.

Who says i'm dumb?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondsAtDusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Oct 2009 at 11:46pm
We Started Nothing.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Oct 2009 at 2:29am
That's a nice change of pace from you Diamonds, some easy listening Thumbs Up
Who says i'm dumb?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondsAtDusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Oct 2009 at 8:43am
music with a bit of a twist

We Started Nothing.
Nathan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 3:24am
Anyone a fan of the Editors.

It's like Joy Division X Muse. They are unreal if you're into that taste of music.

Nathan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 3:30am
That one didn't work, this one does:

The Muffin Man View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Muffin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 6:34pm

New Pearl Jam offering.

Got to say, absolutely pumped for their concert in November, it's going to be a religious experience! Big smile

Old school Pearl. Words can't describe just how good these guys are...
"Well, I will never post again, if the Oz dollar doesnt go below 80 cents within the year 2012." - Occy22
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 7:23pm
My mate saw Pearl Jam in London a couple of months ago... In the same week he also went to U2 and V Fest and he said PJ was the highlight of his week.  I am hoping to go to the Nu Zild concert

I am liking a bit of Gin Wigmore at the moment as we head into summer...Amazing/Unusual voice made famous by her cameo in Smashproofs song and also that awesome Air NZ advertisment where the staff, believe it or not, are only wearing body paint.

Oh my...

Smashproof Feat.  Gin - Sidenote:  Despite not being overly big on rap this song is extraordinary that has a very strong social message which i very much like...

Air NZ advertisment...
The Muffin Man View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Muffin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 8:18pm
Originally posted by Tommo Tommo wrote:

My mate saw Pearl Jam in London a couple of months ago... In the same week he also went to U2 and V Fest and he said PJ was the highlight of his week.  I am hoping to go to the Nu Zild concert

I am liking a bit of Gin Wigmore at the moment as we head into summer...Amazing/Unusual voice made famous by her cameo in Smashproofs song and also that awesome Air NZ advertisment where the staff, believe it or not, are only wearing body paint.

Oh my...

Smashproof Feat.  Gin - Sidenote:  Despite not being overly big on rap this song is extraordinary that has a very strong social message which i very much like...

Air NZ advertisment...

From what I'm reading, a lot of their new material goes off live. If they can fit in some classics like Betterman, Rearview Mirror, Hail Hail, Evenflow, Man of the Hour, (I could go on for pages) as well, it's going to be worth every penny. I'd have paid double for my ticket!
"Well, I will never post again, if the Oz dollar doesnt go below 80 cents within the year 2012." - Occy22
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Oct 2009 at 9:08pm

Yea I would want to see quite a bit of the older stuff. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 6:37am
More great songs to listen to (and keep me from workingBig smile)
[QUOTE=Tommo]
 I am liking a bit of Gin Wigmore at the moment as we head into summer...Amazing/Unusual voice.

Sounds similar to the Amy Winehouse and Gabriella Cilmi style,

Here's a couple of Billy Braggs for a change of pace and good for a break / refresher (wish l could sing like Billy...goes like a hurricane....

With Kate Nash A New England

With Wilco California Stars

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote DiamondsAtDusk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2009 at 7:02am
Something a little bit easy on the eye for the fellas out there,

We Started Nothing.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Oct 2009 at 1:27am
Now this is what i call music to study the form to, Australia's greatest, go Tommy.

< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 11"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3EQcMCDToJ8&feature=related

Who says i'm dumb?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 23456 91>