Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Music Thread..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 90>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 1:00am
Originally posted by Jolls Jolls wrote:

Originally posted by Slim Pickens Slim Pickens wrote:

Originally posted by Nathan Nathan wrote:

I know he didn't write it, yet this is by far the greatest version of one of the best songs ever written:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AratTMGrHaQ

actually i prefer the original by Leonard Cohen and that is saying something, as i've always stated... Leonard Cohen, music to commit suicide by!

Cohen is alright, Perfect Day is a great song. Now that you mention it Slim, my uncle bought me the best of Leonard Cohen CD for about my 16th bday, very random gift i thought at the time. Do you think he was suggesting something? Ouch

consider yourself lucky Jolls, i believe your auntie wanted to get you The best of Kylie! LOL
Who says i'm dumb?
Niconero View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niconero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 1:23am
I agree that "Grace" was a fantastic album, but you can't say that he was going to be one of the greats because noone will ever know.
For all we know he could of developed a coke addiction and written two horrible follow up albums..
I guess thats the magic that surrounds the unknown
Last Goodbye is my fav. Buckley song
Oasis, Arctic Monkeys and Kasabian are on high rotation currently..

Nathan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 1:38am
Originally posted by Niconero Niconero wrote:

I agree that "Grace" was a fantastic album, but you can't say that he was going to be one of the greats because noone will ever know.
For all we know he could of developed a coke addiction and written two horrible follow up albums..
I guess thats the magic that surrounds the unknown
Last Goodbye is my fav. Buckley song
Oasis, Arctic Monkeys and Kasabian are on high rotation currently..

Well i did so i can. The man had talent like not many other. Thumbs Up
Relampago View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relampago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 1:42am
Ritchie Valance...

La la la la bamba....
Daintree Duke Fan Club President!!! RIP!!!

Melbourne Autumn Tipping Champion 2009!
Melbourne Spring Tipping Champion 2009!
Relampago View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relampago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 1:42am
Mind you currently been listening to a little Slipknot, CD i found doing a clean-out...

Good for the drive to footy!

Nathan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 1:44am
Duality is an all time favourite Slipknot song Pago Thumbs Up
Jolls View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 1:45am
Originally posted by Relampago Relampago wrote:

Mind you currently been listening to a little Slipknot, CD i found doing a clean-out...

Good for the drive to footy!

This is the song i currently listen to a few times in the rooms before a game to get pumped Angry

Season 2012 = 102 Years since Collingwood has beaten Carlton in a Grand Final.
Relampago View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relampago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 1:55am
  1. "(sic)" – 3:19
  2. "Eyeless" – 3:56
  3. "Wait and Bleed" – 2:27
  4. "Surfacing" – 3:38
  5. "Spit It Out" – 2:39

Pretty good 5 song combo on the drive...

Jarryd View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 1:56am
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OsT8FaZnzdE
Jarryd View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 2:04am
Brilliant songs to follow:

Brilliant song
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VQzAGFxML98

One of my all time favourites
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCgqk_iw5YY

Another all time favourite
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vFw9fHN6Bhc

Best chillout, cruising beat you can get
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c4RY-eJgHHs
Niconero View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niconero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 2:11am
I mellow myself out before a match, I can't get pumped up or ill have the song in my head all game, strange but true..LOL

Jolls View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 2:12am
I much prefer Tool over APC, listened to em flat out in secondary school. Actually used quite a few of their lyrics in my Year 12 Lit exam 
Jolls View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 2:14am
Originally posted by Niconero Niconero wrote:

I mellow myself out before a match, I can't get pumped up or ill have the song in my head all game, strange but true..LOL

Depends if im starting forward or in the ruck. If im rucking i get the music on cos i need to be as amped as possible when there's a 120kg sheep shearer who'd knock over his own grandma to get at the footy running into me LOL
Niconero View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Niconero Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 2:18am
hahaha yeah fair enough.
On the rare occasion im on the ball adrenaline probably gets me through the game, Im a little bloke and getting crunched after every ball up is never fun.
Much prefer to spend my time stealing goals in the pocket..
Nathan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 2:28am
Nothing gets me as hyped as this song:

Jarryd View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 2:31am
The Prodigy are awesome

I think there best song is this however:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lrmf283dSXw
Nathan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 2:32am

I much prefer Tool over APC, listened to em flat out in secondary school. Actually used quite a few of their lyrics in my Year 12 Lit exam 

I'm a massive Tool fan and was lucky enough to see them and Muse a couple of years ago.

They'll never have a better album then Lateralus. I like A Perfect Circle as well, yet never got into Pussifier.

Jolls View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 2:36am

I'm a massive Tool fan and was lucky enough to see them and Muse a couple of years ago.

They'll never have a better album then Lateralus. I like A Perfect Circle as well, yet never got into Pussifier.

Aenima was the first album i got into. Eulogy, Stinkfist, etc - awesome!!
Jarryd View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 2:37am
Puscifer is pretty good albeit they are rather wierd in their music approach..

Best song by Puscifer is Rev 22:20
The Muffin Man View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Muffin Man Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 2:44am
"Well, I will never post again, if the Oz dollar doesnt go below 80 cents within the year 2012." - Occy22
Jarryd View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 2:55am
Another good song, mainly to get pumped up

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTiGlNDnOtE
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 3:15am

that was the best big day out ever!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
in sydney we where at the front for muse and then hanged back for tool. one of the greatest experiences of my life.

muse was intense and constant but tool really set things alive.
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
Slim Pickens View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 4:02am
Well i am, but the big question is, is Jarryd one?
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 11"> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=raJWuz7qQVc
Who says i'm dumb?
Nathan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 5:12am
Originally posted by questions questions wrote:

in sydney we where at the front for muse and then hanged back for tool. one of the greatest experiences of my life.

I know it was fantastic. We were one row of the fence for Muse and honestly felt the fire when those big rectangle things got lit up. We went back a bit for Tool as it was pretty full on and they started to do wall of deaths and i wasn't gonna get involved with that LOL
The Night Cart View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote The Night Cart Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 7:18am
Originally posted by KangaMick KangaMick wrote:

No 36. Aussie Crawl-Reckless.    Great song, find it emotion all the time and I don't know why! 

Been off line crafting my views regarding Max's The 1000 Best Songs Ever and their top 6 choices. Please feel free to offer your views.

http://www.themailman.com.au/Night%20Cart%20Man%202009.htm
Taking the long way home .... tonight .....
Ut Dah!!!
The Night Cart Man
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 4:18am
Originally posted by Slim Pickens Slim Pickens wrote:

2 of the greats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63A__INJecI&NR=1

enjoy

you just never know where the winners come from.

I'll claim this one LOL

gold coast r7 seven spanish angels $6- on supertab . unfooken believable
Who says i'm dumb?
questions View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote questions Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 6:27pm

Originally posted by questions questions wrote:

I know it was fantastic. We were one row of the fence for Muse and honestly felt the fire when those big rectangle things got lit up. We went back a bit for Tool as it was pretty full on and they started to do wall of deaths and i wasn't gonna get involved with that LOL

mate, me and my brother where right there too. could not believe the heat that you could feel of that hand thing. dont know how they did it but when muse played they had blue fire come off it and when tool played it was orange and produced a ton of black smoke. totally set the scene.

that night is in the never to be forgotten file.
"it's not gambling if you're absolutely sure you're gonna win" Barney Stinson
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 7:46pm
Best song of all time : Stairway To Heaven-Led Zepplin

AC/DC best Aussie band of all time.

Metallica is my favourite metal band
EAD
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jun 2009 at 11:17pm
I was at the Melbourne Big Day Out for Muse and Tool...was excellent...was that the same BDO that the Violent Femmes played at?

Watched 21 on DVD yesterday...would be a pretty good soundtrack to get.
The Dude Abides
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2009 at 9:47am
Hey X i can't speak for anyone else but i's sure miss ya.

I had never heard this version before, but i love it.. Steppenwolf.

< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 11">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71mGTqy4BDs

Who says i'm dumb?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 90>