Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Music Thread..

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 90>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Music Thread..
    Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 7:46am
after shizzy's post in the racing forum thought it might be an idea to swing a thread this way... what is everyone enjoying at the moment??

im a huge galvatrons fan! followed them around the state! haha cant wait for the album on july 3rd for all those retro-synth rockers.
jazzman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jazzman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 8:40pm

Loving that the bands I grew up with are still making records.

Still got the Oasis album Dig Out Your Soul in the car.
The new Eskimo Joe album, the new Greenday album ... both good listens.
Also a fan of Lily Allen's new stuff ... and watched The Club at the weekend, so Up There Cazaly is back in my head.
Istidaad kicking strongly, he's 2 lengths clear, Crawl gets out from a well back and old Mustard is grinding home... Hang on, Treasury Notes gets out from the back and she'll blouse them all!
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 8:50pm
Lily allen and Katy Perry are what helps cook the meals at our place at the moment.
The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 9:35pm
Eskimo Joe...Foreign Nation..great music, great clip.

Watched Gran Turino last night...real good movie...excellent theme song..Gran Turino..written by Clint Eastwood's son?
The Dude Abides
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 11:49pm
Sitting here watching Foxtel music channel 805 which has the 1000 greatest song countdown on for the long weekeed. Loving hearing some of the good stuff that I had forgotten about. At the moment they have Metallica on doing "Nothing else maters", with the orchestra too. Excellent stuff. Might have to get the old CD's out soon and have a listen.

In the car at the moment I am listening to:-
The Eagles
Timberland
U2- Joshua Tree
Seal

2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2009 at 11:51pm
Now No.45. Hunters and Collectors-Throw your arms around me.      CLASSIC STUFF. Love the Hunters. Seen them in concert many many times in the old days.
2007 JASBTC Champion,2008 JASBTC Runner-Up. NSW Surge-Aussie LFL Champions 2013/14
KangaMick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote KangaMick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 12:36am
No 36. Aussie Crawl-Reckless.    Great song, find it emotion all the time and I don't know why! 
Pendulum View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pendulum Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2009 at 6:13pm
Originally posted by Nocturnal Nocturnal wrote:

Lily allen and Katy Perry are what helps cook the meals at our place at the moment.

Amazingly sexy woman, total babe, in the carpark after netball for sure Cool let a man dream..

Been out most of the night, pre-exam relaxment (lol), listening/moving to Subfocus, Tiesto, Kate Ryan, Antoine, Vath, Daft Punk, Shapeshifters etc.
Eminems latest album Relapse is his best work ever imo. I'm hardly a huge fan of him, but am appreciating it for sure right now, can't wait or Relapse #2 later in the year.
Blake View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Blake Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2009 at 1:29pm
just found this band.. they seem very chilled out if you like that kinda music..

http://www.myspace.com/visitthemiddleeast
Slim Pickens View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 12:04am
Showing my age here but going through a bluegrass country revival stage, listening to the great Jimmie Rodgers, singing train songs and yodeling, throw in some Doc Watson, John Prine, Chet Atkins, Ricky Skaggs, and  the question must be asked...does it get any better than this?Smile

Who says i'm dumb?
Relampago View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relampago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 12:12am
The Answer: YES IT DOES... MUCH BETTERLOL
Daintree Duke Fan Club President!!! RIP!!!

Melbourne Autumn Tipping Champion 2009!
Melbourne Spring Tipping Champion 2009!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 12:21am
Relamp, Jimmie Rodgers was born in 1897, 112 years ago, and he is just as popular today as he was in his prime, do you think we will be listening to artists of today in 112 years time?
Do yourself a favour and have a listen, doubt that its your cup of tea, but it never hurts to explore new sounds. (hope the links work)
< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 11">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qEIBmGZxAhg

< ="-" ="text/; =utf-8">< name="ProgId" ="Word.">< name="Generator" ="Microsoft Word 11">< name="Originator" ="Microsoft Word 11">

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbzc77Tz6PA

Who says i'm dumb?
Relampago View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Relampago Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 12:24am
will have to listen when I get home Slim...

Do they have good video clips for the songs...LOL
Daintree Duke Fan Club President!!! RIP!!!

Melbourne Autumn Tipping Champion 2009!
Melbourne Spring Tipping Champion 2009!
Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 12:31am
Hey slim you can use "TUBE" tags for that now. with the brackets []

Edited by Wortel - 12 Jun 2009 at 12:33am
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 2:21am
Ryan Adams at the moment.  Maximo Park too. 
regal_roller View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regal_roller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 2:50am
Ryan Adams?? Give me his old man Bryan anyday

Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 4:23am

Don't be ridiculous roller.  The only people who listen to Bryan Adams are the people whose favourite band is Bon Jovi and the people that buy those "Aussie BBQ & Beer Anthems".Dead

waggamick View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote waggamick Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 5:10am
22-20's...defunct version of the Black Keys on speed.
The Dude Abides
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regal_roller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 7:30am
Originally posted by Znatchy Znatchy wrote:

Don't be ridiculous roller.  The only people who listen to Bryan Adams are the people whose favourite band is Bon Jovi and the people that buy those "Aussie BBQ & Beer Anthems".Dead

Bugger me it's like you've known me all my life!!! Bon Jovi is on high rotation, some of the best stuff available and the Beer Songs C Ds are GOLD!
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 7:43am

Well Lily Allen - The Fear - of course

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-wGMlSuX_c

and love the KT Tunstell -Suddenly l See -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tlU-1u1JC8

And also (for Slim) Louisiana Man - love it - there are lots of versions and like to keep finding new ones but check out the violin style on this one !!! 

Wortel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Wortel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 8:45am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 11:30am
Hey Flashy you seem to like the young girls, bit to teeny bopperish for me.

try these on for size mate.

Enjoy one and all.

Cleaned it up for you Slim. You have to use the full editor and just press the "Insert Movie" button. It's the film icon at the top.

Edited by Wortel - 12 Jun 2009 at 1:34pm
Nathan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 12:57pm
Some old favourites and some recent songs i like:

Jeff Buckley - Forget Her. (JB would of been one of the greatest)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=noQH6lyu0sA

Testify - Rage Against The Machine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1JSBhI_0at0

Hard Sun - Eddie Vedder.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nZbiZxA9b5k

Gimme Shelter - The Rolling Stones.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJMnES7WoT4

Sometime Around Midnight - Airborne Toxic Event.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FfLM-LwTurQ

Hey - Pixies.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xMa9Bq28Jyo

Nothingman - Pearl Jam.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sl5sbwmvldo

Nathan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nathan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 1:04pm
I know he didn't write it, yet this is by far the greatest version of one of the best songs ever written:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AratTMGrHaQ
Znatchy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Znatchy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 7:52pm
Originally posted by regal_roller regal_roller wrote:

Bugger me it's like you've known me all my life!!! Bon Jovi is on high rotation, some of the best stuff available and the Beer Songs C Ds are GOLD!

LOL do you sing "khe sanh" at the top of your voice on the train home from the boxing day test after 1000 pots? 
Jolls View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 7:56pm

I like your taste Nathan Thumbs Up

Season 2012 = 102 Years since Collingwood has beaten Carlton in a Grand Final.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote regal_roller Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 8:03pm

Originally posted by regal_roller regal_roller wrote:

LOL do you sing "khe sanh" at the top of your voice on the train home from the boxing day test after 1000 pots? 

Stop stalking me lol
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2009 at 11:54pm
Originally posted by Nathan Nathan wrote:

I know he didn't write it, yet this is by far the greatest version of one of the best songs ever written:

actually i prefer the original by Leonard Cohen and that is saying something, as i've always stated... Leonard Cohen, music to commit suicide by!
Who says i'm dumb?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Slim Pickens Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 12:25am
Sorry Worts, hard to teach an old dog new tricks,

musta played this track a thousand times after my divorce.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pU9hWiYjVTY

2 of the greats

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63A__INJecI&NR=1

enjoy
Who says i'm dumb?
Jolls View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jolls Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2009 at 12:29am
Originally posted by Slim Pickens Slim Pickens wrote:

Originally posted by Nathan Nathan wrote:

actually i prefer the original by Leonard Cohen and that is saying something, as i've always stated... Leonard Cohen, music to commit suicide by!

Cohen is alright, Perfect Day is a great song. Now that you mention it Slim, my uncle bought me the best of Leonard Cohen CD for about my 16th bday, very random gift i thought at the time. Do you think he was suggesting something? Ouch
Season 2012 = 102 Years since Collingwood has beaten Carlton in a Grand Final.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 90>