Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Folau - Higgins/Lehrmann P193

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 361>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:20pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

You obviously read that publication regularly tlazz ?

I do. Once every morning for 5 minutes, on the bog.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2021 at 10:45pm

Simon Cameron

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:19am

Who knows - if the Warahtahs take him back they might actually win a game before the season finishes. No promises though - even the big fella upstairs has his limitations LOL
Yep, cos all the tahs need is an ageing winger with a god complex......
You clearly don't understand men's footy.....
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:27am
Rusty, if 1+1, does not understand men’s footy, does that mean you do not understand anything about betting on daily doubles.We have not heard boo from you on that thread about Tom Waterhouse since the early hours of Tuesday morning.Do not be shy, you must know something.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:48am
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Who knows - if the Warahtahs take him back they might actually win a game before the season finishes. No promises though - even the big fella upstairs has his limitations LOL
Yep, cos all the tahs need is an ageing winger with a god complex......
You clearly don't understand men's footy.....
ha, ha - Rusty truly doesn't get it. They have lost every match they have played - & he sticks up for them. As if they can afford to be picky. I reckon I'd add value to that lot LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:52am
Izzy would double the attendance figures overnight. Would get 20 on his ear LOL
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 8:49am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Rusty, if 1+1, does not understand men’s footy, does that mean you do not understand anything about betting on daily doubles.We have not heard boo from you on that thread about Tom Waterhouse since the early hours of Tuesday morning.Do not be shy, you must know something.
no, it means I was too busy.
Most people on here would understand that my belief is much of what you write about the subject is fantasy.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:33am
What campaign does the Australian Christian Lobby decide to spent $100,000's on?
A. Ending Child Abuse by their members
B. Improving female equality and stopping violence
C. Ending poverty in Australia
D. Getting Homophobe Israel Folau reinstated in the NRL
Sorry, no prizes, too easy.
FB post.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:41am
Which clubs have cap space if Folau was allowed back? I suppose he would end up at the Roosters.Tongue

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 9:49am
While the Chooks always have cap space, I cant see Uncle Nick sending $1.5m a season on a washed up many times reject. 

Might take him on a $25k a season incentive scheme to lead the dressing room prayer group.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:43am

Most people on here would understand that my belief is much of what you write about the subject is fantasy.
If only the ATO , like you,  believed is was fantasy, I would be a little financially better off.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 10:58am
What Bob says about betting the overs on the tote is not fantasy. Whether he did it or not there is no way to prove so we take him at his word. But I know of other people who employed the same methodology on a large scale so it is certainly possible that he did. Other things he posts/talks about, yes 100% fantasy. But we’ll save those for another day.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 11:10am
Come on E & E we all know what I post on Danny Boy is factual Wink
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:35pm

The thought of anyone else actually winning instead of his "mates" sitting in offices with muted TV's talking "bias & edges" all day gets right up Rusty's nose Bob LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:38pm
Just because you spend 18hrs studying the form for every race doesn't mean you have to win. If fact the most likely outcome is that you'll miss the race altogether LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 12:40pm
Good chance this thread will kick-off again now. About time too !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:13pm

Just because you spend 18hrs studying the form for every race doesn't mean you have to win. If fact the most likely outcome is that you'll miss the race altogether LOL

1+1 to put "time spent" into perspective, although I never bothered about form, I still spent considerable time travelling to meetings. When I travelled throughout Victoria, I might leave home at 9am travel 2 hours to say,  Bendigo, then  spend 6 -5 hours on course punting, then travel home for another 2 hours, thus although I did not spend time studying form I still spent up to 10 hours a day when travelling to some bush meetings. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:16pm
Some clowns only have one line of competing and that is to accuse others of lying.           . Don't go onto forums if you thin everyone is lying .

We have to believe what someone posts ..... If they do lie it is only themselves they fool.       After all it is an anonymous forum.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:22pm

1+1 to put "time spent" into perspective, although I never bothered about form, I still spent considerable time travelling to meetings. When I travelled throughout Victoria, I might leave home at 9am travel 2 hours to say,  Bendigo, then  spend 6 -5 hours on course punting, then travel home for another 2 hours, thus although I did not spend time studying form I still spent up to 10 hours a day when travelling to some bush meetings. 
Thanks Bob - never saw it that way - but on your explanation makes perfect sense. Maybe that's what Rusty meant. Having one foot stapled to the ground wouldn't help your cause too much though !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:32pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Some clowns only have one line of competing and that is to accuse others of lying.           . Don't go onto forums if you thin everyone is lying .

We have to believe what someone posts ..... If they do lie it is only themselves they fool.       After all it is an anonymous forum.

LOLLOLLOLLOLLOL
So much irony with this post it is delicious! Tell us what you think about BigAl again? LOLLOLLOL

But no, we don’t have to believe everything someone posts. Only a gullible fool would do that. When people come up with such obvious fanciful stories that go against known facts then it is perfectly normal to treat them as nonsense. Bob’s stories of betting the tote overs DO NOT fall into that category. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:42pm
I think the belief that best BOB odds are available to all , is almost impossible and the more inquiries I make supports that belief .
   Ladbrokes this morning ...    $250 maximum per bet and only available Metro meetings, bets to be placed 35 minutes before starting time .

This debate has nothing to do with what was the main point on the other thread.-----
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:45pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I think the belief that best BOB odds are available to all , is almost impossible and the more inquiries I make supports that belief .
   Ladbrokes this morning ...    $250 maximum per bet and only available Metro meetings, bets to be placed 35 minutes before starting time .

This debate has nothing to do with what was the main point on the other thread.-----

So you believe that BigAl is lying then? But just half an hour ago you were on your high horse telling everyone that we must believe what people say on this forum. Too funny! LOLLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

What Bob says about betting the overs on the tote is not fantasy. Whether he did it or not there is no way to prove so we take him at his word. But I know of other people who employed the same methodology on a large scale so it is certainly possible that he did. Other things he posts/talks about, yes 100% fantasy. But we’ll save those for another day.

E & E, you are correct, where did Zeljko & David Walsh gain their inspiration ? David Walsh's elder late brother Tim, bet the overs and drove me mad they way he carried on in the commission rooms before he died. By the same token many tried and many failed for various reasons...limited betting banks, tried to combine overs with form, poor temperaments, broken marriages, etc

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:58pm
To your credit Bob - i do get the impression you could set a bomb off underneath you & your temperament would be unaffected LOL
Obviously kept you in good order punting
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 1:59pm
Lot of interest in Izzy today. Cant keep him out of the spotlight LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 2:00pm
Sound like Pittsburgh Phil Bobby.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 2:07pm
1+1 & PT, I always tried to hold my emotions in when on the track, even when out socially. On many  occasions friends would say that my manner never changed whether I had lost or won on a day's punting. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 2:11pm
The minute that a man loses his balance on the race track he is like a horse that is trying to run away. 

** A man cannot divide his attention at the track between horses and women

** All consistently successful players of horses are men of temperate habits in life

** The racing man should arise in the morning cool and clear headed and should then take up the problem ot the day
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 2:34pm
I'm sure Geoff Murphy didn't live by that criteria. LOLLOLLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2021 at 2:38pm
But was Geoff Murphy a successful trainer rather than a successful punter ?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 179180181182183 361>