Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Fifty Stars - WOW!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 6:59pm
That said I did like the idea that Weir thought the travel alone would help the horse grow up.

reductio ad absurdum
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:02pm
Even if they just take him to Queensland for a spell in the winter sunshine, would be good for him
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 May 2018 at 7:08pm
Yep, Agreed.

reductio ad absurdum
Morgan$ View Drop Down
Weanling
Weanling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Morgan$ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Aug 2018 at 10:14pm
Does anybody know what the latest is with this guy?
He isn't in any markets for the spring at the moment, really think he will salute in a good race this spring.
Would be interested to see if anyone has any info on him. TIA
ThreeBears View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Aug 2018 at 12:30am
Too young to compete against the older horses in the Spring for mine. Autumn will be his go. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:41am
Weir is going to kiss him right up.

G1 Railway Stakes on the cards for unbeaten entire Fifty Stars

By James Lamb 12 hours ago
Fifty Stars could head west for the Railway StakesImage: Getty
Unbeaten Weir-trained entire Fifty Stars is back in work and set to make his return to racing in October. 

The son of Sea The Stars made a huge impression in his first campaign, winning four-on-end in dominant fashion.

A debut winner in late-March, Fifty Stars was last seen winning by a widening 3.75L over 1400m at Sandown Lakeside on May 26. 

Owned by Ryco Equine, Fifty Stars races in the same silks as fellow Weir import and now stallion Puissance de Lune. 

Fifty Stars (IRE)
Darren Weir
4yoH (b) Sea The Stars x Swizzle Stick
RATING 73
Career
4 4-0-0
Earnings
$113,850
Last 10
4 4-0-0
Win Range
1200-1400m

Weir's Warrnambool foreman, Jarrod McLean, said the promising four-year-old has been working well at the beach.

"He's come back in good order. He'll have a trial in two weeks and then we'll look to kick him off soon after that," McLean told Punters.com.au.

Fifty Stars is a $31 chance for the G1 Kennedy Mile (1600m) at Flemington on November 3 but McLean indicated the Railway Stakes (1600m) in Western Australia is a more realistic target.

"Weiry plans to take him through his grades and hopefully end up in Perth for the Railway."

The $1 million Railway is held at Ascot on November 24, one week after the G3 Sandown Stakes (1500m) - which is an alternative for Fifty Stars if connections decide to keep him in Victoria.
reductio ad absurdum
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 10:42am
Hmm, the WATC Railway Hcp is a weird target race for him. Firm track over a mile in the WA summer.

He may well be a G1 horse in time, but surely some more suitable races over the Melb Spring for him to work through the grades.

The VRC Grey Smith Stakes (listed) 1800m on Melb Cup day &/or the G3 Eclipse Stks 1800m at Sandown would seem more suitable stepping stones thus prep.

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 11:39am
I am 100% certain they do not know what they are working with.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 1:45pm
I'm 100% certain they have more idea than you. I always thought avoiding the Melbourne Spring was a good idea. Perth is a softer target and not a bad approach. It worked for Northerly in his early career. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:04pm
Originally posted by ThreeBears ThreeBears wrote:

I'm 100% certain they have more idea than you. I always thought avoiding the Melbourne Spring was a good idea. Perth is a softer target and not a bad approach. It worked for Northerly in his early career. 

Considering Northerly was a Perth horse fancy him going through his grades over there.

If Fifty Stars was with a proper hands on trainer, Say John Gosden or Sir Michael he'd be well on his way to an Arc.

Instead this guys undoubted talent which is far superior to his trainers talents, are going to be wasted over short trips.

reductio ad absurdum
billyjack View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:38pm
That's right we aussie trainers have no idea
gordy
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 2:45pm
Originally posted by billyjack billyjack wrote:

That's right we aussie trainers have no idea

You have no idea how to develop stayers.

And that is what this guy is.

You see speed in a stayer and automatically think short courses.

And than you blame the breeders for not providing stamina.

I know I know, Your answer will be, If its so f**king easy get a license. Handshake
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 3:17pm
Didn't Northerly progress to a major 2400m victory after his early Perth campaigns? Your reasoning has a lot of holes. If you think Fifty Stars is Arc class I'd say you definitely have no idea. Hasn't even won a Listed race yet. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 3:22pm

Didn't Northerly progress to a major 2400m victory after his early Perth campaigns? Your reasoning has a lot of holes. If you think Fifty Stars is Arc class I'd say you definitely have no idea. Hasn't even won a Listed race yet. 

If you can not see class before it has been proven that is not my fault.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 3:24pm
Stop speaking emotive rubbish and start backing your opinion up with facts. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 3:35pm

Stop speaking emotive rubbish and start backing your opinion up with facts. 

Unfortunately the fact at this stage are impossible to prove.

If you can not see that is your problem.

There can be 2 scenarios. 

1 the horse becomes a champion despite his trainer.

2 the horse fails dismally because of his trainer.

It really does not matter what this horse achieves under 2000m he was bred to be a champion at 2400m and beyond.

reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ThreeBears Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 3:40pm
Again I'll leave you to it. You're speaking emotive garbage. 
Prince of Penzance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Prince of Penzance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 3:49pm
This horse will win a Group 1 this spring
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 4:02pm
"Emotive garbage"

Quite possibly, his trainer gives me the gelatis sometimes.

reductio ad absurdum
billyjack View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote billyjack Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 4:18pm
You are just a Weir basher, he gets winners , you are just big noting key board tapper
gordy
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Sep 2018 at 4:50pm

You are just a Weir basher, he gets winners , you are just big noting key board tapper

reductio ad absurdum
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Sep 2018 at 2:05am
Originally posted by Prince of Penzance Prince of Penzance wrote:

This horse will win a Group 1 this spring

PoP, which G1 were you thinking he can pick up this spring? Cantala? Mackinnon?
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 2:21pm
Nominated to resume on Friday

BM90 at Moonee Valley (Night) or BM78 at Benalla
Benalla worth $50,000
MV worth $120,000

Both over 1200m
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 2:52pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

Nominated to resume on Friday

BM90 at Moonee Valley (Night) or BM78 at Benalla
Benalla worth $50,000
MV worth $120,000

Both over 1200m

Unbelievable.

And people insist on blaming our breeders for a lack of stamina.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 3:02pm
If they insist on running him over 1200m than I hope they pick the BM78 at Benalla.

But it is absolutely bullgelati placement.

reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2018 at 3:18pm
Also down for a BM86 1250m race at Morphettville on Saturday
Black Prince 2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Sep 2018 at 10:22am

I get that impression also billyjack hahaaha
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 12:58pm
Accepted at Benalla
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Sep 2018 at 2:54pm
Gate 18 LOL

Two of my future group 1 winners are done to run there on Friday.

reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Sep 2018 at 6:58pm
I see him winning by two lengths
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 23>