Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Fifty Stars - WOW!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 23>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 7:15am
The Australian Cup is his autumn aim, Tom Dabernig said as much after the race yesterday.  Logically he will go to the same 2 races to start as the last two autumn, the CF Orr and Blamey then to the Australian Cup.

It would be awesome to see him have a crack at the Tancred but it's far more likely they'll want to go to the Doncaster and QE2 double, #australianism as djebel calls it.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 9:15am
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

The Australian Cup is his autumn aim, Tom Dabernig said as much after the race yesterday.  Logically he will go to the same 2 races to start as the last two autumn, the CF Orr and Blamey then to the Australian Cup.

It would be awesome to see him have a crack at the Tancred but it's far more likely they'll want to go to the Doncaster and QE2 double, #australianism as djebel calls it.

2400m (the Tancred) shouldn't be a problem i would of thought but the Doncaster mile and QE2 are enticing targets. 
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 11:05am
He’ll run well in any 1600m+ race he runs in.  But please no more handicaps.

If they go to Sydney after the Aust Cup, then the Rawson Stks, Tancred & QE Stks should be the only considerations.  No Doncaster Hcp please.
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 11:23am
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Solid effort today, pity the Zipping Classic isn't further away as it would be a logical next race for him.

Trainer said after the race he'll target the Aus Cup in the autumn, I guess stud after that?

Wasn't quite good enough in the Mackinnon but ran an honest race. I think you're spot on - Australian Cup will be the aim in the autumn. Can he go back-to-back?

Anything to do with J Allen the only horse to sit the 3 deep with no cover in a smallish field, winner got the suck up off his back whilst he was left exposed. JUst a poor poor ride from an extremely overrated jock. If I were the owners I'd be ropable that was it's Grand Final. If he just gets in one off the fence he wins.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Lord Hybrow Lord Hybrow wrote:

He’ll run well in any 1600m+ race he runs in.  But please no more handicaps.

If they go to Sydney after the Aust Cup, then the Rawson Stks, Tancred & QE Stks should be the only considerations.  No Doncaster Hcp please.

This is the common sense approach and if he were a gelding this is where he would go.  Because he's 2 stone heavier I'm sure the Doncaster will come into consideration with a view to his stud fee, if he happens to jag the CF Orr first up maybe they would approach it differently however?
Balciano View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Balciano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 2:16pm
Agree far from an ideal ride, but with the tempo (or lack of) the race was run at PMD I think the winner would've been too good regardless of the run.

A Soft 5 and a more genuine speed and I think it would have been interesting between the first 3 home.
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 3:28pm
What a tough animal
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 3:33pm
Aus Cup huge chance.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 3:38pm
Both the quinella are huge hopes. I heard Marshall say that SOTS had been backed from $11 to $8 for the cup before the Blamey.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 3:53pm
The winner is now Qualified for the All Star Mile so surely she goes straight to that race
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 3:54pm
he goes*
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2021 at 10:53pm
Great effort by this stallion today for 2nd in the Blamey.

I assume they’re following last years template of backing up in the Aust Cup?  

With ASM being at MV this year, that’s probably wise to avoid that race.  Don’t think MV is a track that would suit him.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Feb 2021 at 8:07am
They've said all along the plan was Blamey 2nd up, back up in the Australian Cup.  He's now fav for that race.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:51pm
Its simple - not good enough. Not sure why. Was clearly favourite in the Australian Cup. 
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:54pm
I'm generally not one to bag jockeys, but gee Johnny Allen will want that ride back, he was a million to one two furlongs into the race from that position.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:56pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Its simple - not good enough. Not sure why. Was clearly favourite in the Australian Cup. 

Are you really that thick? He got into a position that doesn't suit his racing style and got stuck behind horses in the strait, as I said above, he was a million to one after 2 furlong.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 4:59pm

Not my problem. Those who backed the horse - their money is down the drain. Oh well..

Edited by Gay3 - 06 Mar 2021 at 6:18pm
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:02pm
Watch the race again you drongo, he was beaten by circumstance not ability.

Or is this part of your one way feud with djebel? 
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:04pm
Why bring Djebel into it? 
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:10pm
Well you've been trying (and failing miserably) to go after djebel of late calling him emotional and so forth and he's been a fan of Fifty Stars for some time.

If you genuinely believe Fifty Stars loss today was down to a lack of ability and not racing circumstances well you really are a class 1 moron who's opinion is not worth a pinch of sh!t.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:11pm
Jesus oooops CHRIST
I've seen it all now

Jamal are you a child? You certainly act like one.

Edited by Gay3 - 06 Mar 2021 at 6:19pm
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:14pm
Afris and Shawy...you are both far too emotional and it shows time and time again. I mean seriously....calm down and get on with it. Cheers.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:16pm
No, I just know stupid when I see it.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:16pm
Oh and by the way Afros....Djebel and I get along really well. We may not agree on everything but we get along fine. This "feud" you speak of is utter nonsense. In fact I sent Djebel a message...and I expect him to reply.  There is no "feud" Afris but because you are so emotional....you fail to recognise this.

Cheers.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 5:19pm
Jamal, I saw djebel, referring to you, say how it is unfortunate he can't block on here like he can on Twitter, so that he doesn't have to read your inane dribbling. LOL
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 6:13pm
Horses with soundness issues do not race consistently! When will punters learn they're not bloody machines Confused

Ben Dorries

Fifty Stars' owner Gerry Ryan says the Australian Cup winner could be retired and go to stud after he was taken out of Saturday's Doncaster Mile with a suspected injury.

The five-year-old’s owner is adamant the son of super-sire Sea The Stars will not be risked as David Hayes prepares to have the horse undergo a full vet check.

“I’m not going to risk the horse in any way for the sake of winning another race,” Ryan said.

“He might be retired and go to stud. He’s got a nice pedigree.

“He’s a Group I winner. He doesn’t need to win another race.”

Early on Tuesday morning, Hayes told Racenet the five-year-old would not run in the Doncaster after pulling up "uneven in his action" after a trial at Randwick last Friday.

At the time of Racenet writing this story at 8am on Tuesday morning, Fifty Stars was on the fourth line of Doncaster betting at $11 with tab.com.au.

"It's all a bit of a mystery as x-rays on the knees have come back all-clear," Hayes said early on Tuesday.

"It may be a deep-seated foot abscess or something like that.

"But we haven't been able to work him for three days so he is on his way back to Lindsay Park."

Hayes said there would be no chances taken with Fifty Stars as he was a "very valuable" horse.

Fifty Stars has won over $2m in career prizemoney and won his last two races, including the Australian Cup, with connections then opting not to take up their free ticket in the All-Star Mile and instead send him for a Doncaster tilt.

Racing NSW Stewards confirmed later in the morning that Fifty Stars would now head back to Lindsay Park's Euroa base.

"Trainer Mr D Hayes has advised Racing NSW Stewards that Fifty Stars has been found to be lame in the near fore leg and will not accept this morning for The Star Doncaster," the Stewards statement read.

"He advised the horse will be returned to his Euroa stable whereby it will be assessed by his stable veterinarian.

"He further advised a decision regarding a start in the Longines Queen Elizabeth stakes will be made once the horse has undergone a veterinary assessment."

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 6:56pm
Yep time for stud for Fifty Stars
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Mar 2021 at 10:19pm
His run today was fine.  Got stuck in an awkward position all the way & really a Good 3 track for him isn’t ideal.  

Assuming nothing physically wrong with him, I’d press onto Sydney and hope for a wet track in the Tancred Stks.  A soft track over 2400m would be perfect for him.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 6:16am
John Allen's comment post race.

"We always hemmed away on the fence. Never got a lot of room and he's a horse that likes a lot of room. He still fought on honestly to the line."
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Mar 2021 at 2:59pm

I'm generally not one to bag jockeys, but gee Johnny Allen will want that ride back, he was a million to one two furlongs into the race from that position.

That's twice Allen has spoiled Fifty Stars' grand final, sat three deep no cover for absolutely no reason in the Mckinnon in the Spring and gets beat into second by Arcadia Queen with the plum ride on its back. Then puts it in an awful position yesterday back on the fence. From a very good draw as well. Any drongo punter with half a brain knows the horse needs to wind up with some galloping room. Make no mistake Allen butchered it again and all you overportective posters bad luck I didn't back it, I was on Angel Of truth (possibly just as bad a ride). I learned from the Mckinnon. Was just a plain terrible ride and needs to be called out for the shight that it was well said. Thumbs Up
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1617181920 23>