Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Federer Gone

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2020 at 11:08pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

macca, we already have several threads clogged up with 'where's Doc' including pages worth in "MIA" so please refrain from reposting!

Only just read that gay3...

Trying to keep the ball rolling.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 1:23pm
Maria Sharapova has retired. What a magnificent looking gal - & as tough as teak ;

Refer ALP Election Promises
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Feb 2020 at 4:42pm
Image result for Maria Sharapova
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 1:48pm
Something has been bothering me about Roger Federer, a speech he said over a year ago, after a tournament.

Ive been holding it in. LOL.

We all know what an elite talent he is, his records speaks for itself.
Graceful, classic tennis player.

Father, Husband.

Does anyone have any thoughts on him, other than the very obvious, extraordinary tennis player?
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 1:50pm
One thing...... a Hungarian he ain't. LOL
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 1:52pm
Was he funded by the Soros Foundation?

Otherwise I have nothing on him.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 2:03pm
Just when you think redemption has already propounded the ultimate wacky CT, we see there is "something" alarmingly suspicious about Wodger. But it isn't revealed.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 2:20pm
I bet Djokovic does turn up at the US Open.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 3:45pm
You are only allowed one to travel with you so that should suit , room for his ego.LOL
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 4:28pm
Here's the thing that bothered me:

After losing Wimbledon< he said in the post on court speech, "I feel a bit sad, because I want to prove myself to my children"

Mate, you dont love your children by proving how F#cken good you are.
How many tournaments do you have to win, to prove your worth as a Father?

You love your children for what THEY dream, create, do. The EXAMPLE you lead by, is by the love you give THEM, not worrying about your ego and worth, by losing a tournament.

It was actually a psychopathic statement.

I adore the guy. Greatest of all time.
But there is something in him, that stems deeper than winning tournaments.

I am not the only one that paid attention to that very odd statement he made.

ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 4:30pm
I agree redemption, it was a crazy comment.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 4:35pm
I guess after 20 or so Grand Slams it gets hard to offer an original motivation. 
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 5:20pm
I heard he has an injury that rules him out for the rest of the year - could be the end of an incredible career. He is an exemplary sportsman and a gentleman. Redemption is the first person Ive heard say a bad thing about him
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 5:24pm
Had a knee injury setback and said he will be back next year
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 5:28pm
that want he wants to do Horlicks but he turns 39 this year - 6 months or more off competition. Justs seems unlikley but he is the best
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 5:31pm
Most of the Tennis world display so much good eventually.

Australia's Tournaments are highly rated and I noted quite a few players were very generous to our charity needs during Natural Disaster times .

thank You all.

I offer free accommodation to Sharapova should she ever need it.
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 5:39pm
is it the grunting you like the most macca? 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 8:18pm
YES YEs Yes yes---   love it.    
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2022 at 1:55am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 1:09pm
"A protester has entered the tennis court and set his arm on fire during a Laver Cup match in London, hours before Roger Federer's final game before retiring.

Wearing a white shirt with a message about private jets, the man made his way onto the court and sat down near the net.

He set his arm on fire before being carried away by security guards."

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-09-24/protester-sets-himself-on-fire-at-laver-cup/101470938

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 1:11pm
The dude wasn't very committed. Soon as he lit his arm up he panicked and tried to put it out.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Sep 2022 at 1:13pm

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12