Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Facts About The George Floyd Arrest

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 12:52pm
It amazes me that none of the police goons did anything to save their own arse. It did not take Columbo to see that this was going to end up extremely badly for them. You would think that 'I can't breathe' was burned into cop race memory in America.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 12:54pm
There will be more riots when the killer is found not guilty.

There is no way they will be able to prove he intentionally killed that fella.

Second-Degree Murder

Second-degree murder can be an intentional killing, but it is not as serious as first-degree murder. Second degree murder can be charged when a defendant intentionally kills another human being but the murder is not premediated. Second-degree murder may result when a person kills out of an intense emotional response or impulse. Additionally, killing someone during a drive-by shooting, killing someone during the commission of a crime that is not sexual assault or killing someone unintentionally while intended to inflict great physical harm to a victim for whom an order of protection was obtained can result in second-degree murder charges. Second-degree murder has a maximum penalty of 40 years in prison.
reductio ad absurdum
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 1:02pm
Unlikely to be resolved under a couple of years according to legal experts. Lot of issues around co-trying and the fact one of the ''accomplices'' is in a position to cooperate for a lesser sentence.

The evidence that Chauvin kept his knee on Floyd's throat 3 and a half minutes after being declared without pulse is enough. The false statement that all four signed off on is a major problem to them not belong co-conspirators.

I believe that the charge was upgraded because Chauvin knew Floyd professionally a third degree charge couldn't be made and that the aiding and abetting couldn't be laid against the 3rd degree charge of Chauvin's
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 1:08pm
He was a recidivist criminal, whose luck ran out. If you keep on going back to the well, eventually you come up empty. I notice bleeding-heart numpties going into bat for a young aboriginal hoodlum who threatened a police officer with a "crack on the chin". Should have been immediately tasered.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

He was a recidivist criminal, whose luck ran out. If you keep on going back to the well, eventually you come up empty. I notice bleeding-heart numpties going into bat for a young aboriginal hoodlum who threatened a police officer with a "crack on the chin". Should have been immediately tasered.

I have no sympathy for that kid but the officer really was dumb in this environment.

The kid was there to be handcuffed and taken away, there was no need to ground him. 
reductio ad absurdum
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 1:54pm
Trying to pay with a counterfeit note is not a crime. I've done it myself. Took a $50 to get some change and they confiscated the note. Didn't get a refund.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 2:00pm
He wasn't even accused of passing it deliberately. According to the shop owner the staff followed procedure to report it to police so they can track down the source. Nobody accused him of anything illegal.

Even if he did, it is a low level ticket and court appearance citation.

Chauvin's prior knowledge of Floyd will come out.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 2:00pm
Now I scrunch every note I get. Not that I deal in cash much these days. It's filthy.

Simon Cameron

Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 2:08pm

Being aware you have a counterfeit note and attempting to pass it on is a crime but if you are in possession of suspected counterfeit banknotes, counterfeit coins or counterfeit prescribed securities you should contact your local police or the Australian Federal Police in your state/territory. You should also complete a Suspect counterfeit banknote form detailing the circumstances of how you came into possession of the counterfeit to assist police. 
The later is not a crime but the former is a crime.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 2:11pm
Cant ask George if he was aware he had one now.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 2:15pm
George's story is only one of millions, he is what I'd call an accidental celebrity.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 2:21pm
He is representative of a movement of millions of disaffected people white, black, red, yellow who are oppressed by the corrupt legal and economic system. His death was just a tipping point for tens millions of unemployed people in food queues, who feel the brunt of everything hardest.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 2:32pm
What about the "brindle" ? Tokenistic BS and empty gestures simply do not work, only sustained and systematic work and commitment, whether on your own behalf, or on behalf of others.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 2:58pm
I'll warrant the majority of people who participate in street demos, are in it for self-satisfaction, if they really want to effect change, gotta get organized, not emotional and indignant.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 3:15pm
George is where all Habitual Criminals should be.

At least a couple on a jury would agree with me .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 3:25pm
Using that bloke as a poster boy for justice and decency, is disingenuous, or stupid, or misguided, or some blend of all of those.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

He is representative of a movement of millions of disaffected people white, black, red, yellow who are oppressed by the corrupt legal and economic system. His death was just a tipping point for tens millions of unemployed people in food queues, who feel the brunt of everything hardest.
Exactly right PT so why are people making this all about race? This is a socio-economic problem made worse by a repulsive excuse for a human being cop.The only person who’s made any sense in this is the brother of the dead man who pleaded with people to stop burning down their cities and get out and vote!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 4:09pm
That is why you see such a diversity of people marching Baguette , now all over the world, over 30 countries. This will be significant. The brother is echoing the pleas of a rapper from Georgia(I think)last week I will try to find it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 4:10pm
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 4:21pm
We want to see he says ....   We all want to see law & Order.

We all want to see the victims of Floyd's life of crime.       You can't have your cake and eat it too.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 4:39pm
I see that Hollywood film man Quentin Tarantino joined a march, but a reporter asked him what he was doing there, considering all he made were violent, hate-filled movies. Which he said had nothing to do with matters, of course you would say that, you Hollywood weasel.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 4:59pm
George Washington couldn't tell a lie, George Floyd couldn't tell the difference between a fake note, and a real one. If only the shopkeeper wasn't so undiscerning. I wonder whether that shopkeeper fronted George about that note, (he must have done), and how George reacted. If it was along the lines of "tough titties" them I am not shedding any tears for George, who was not a case of needing to get food for his starving kids, but just feeding his nicotine addiction.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 5:02pm
What were the crimes George did time for ?  Hs brother seems a decent man.
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 5:05pm
Home invasion, armed, was one.5 years.

Should have shot him then.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 5:07pm
Violent home invasion was one. When you think about it, we can give George the benefit of the doubt that he did not know the note was fake, but when the shop-keeper noticed it, presumably he challenged George, now, did George hand back the smokes and get the $20 back ? We'd assume not, or why are the police called ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 6:42pm
George Perry Floyd was a 46-year-old black man who was born in Fayetteville, North Carolina, and raised in the Third Ward[26] of Houston, Texas.[24][27] He attended Yates High School, where he played on the basketball and football teams.[27] He attended South Florida Community College from 1993 to 1995 and played on the school's basketball team.[28][29] Floyd returned to Houston and entered the local hip hop scene as an automotive customizer;[30] he joined the hip hop group Screwed Up Click and rapped under the stage name Big Floyd.[31][32] The Atlanta Journal-Constitution reported that Floyd was charged with armed robbery in 2007, and in 2009 took a plea deal to be sentenced to five years' imprisonment.[33] In 2014, Floyd moved to Minnesota[34] in search of employment and a new life.[26] He took on two jobs: working as a truck driver and as a restaurant security guard at Conga Latin Bistro.[26] He worked at the restaurant for five years,[35][36] but lost the job because of Minnesota's stay-at-home order during the COVID-19 pandemic.[37] He was the father of two daughters, ages six and 22, who remained in Houston, and an adult son in Bryan, Texas.[38][39]
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 7:57pm
That's a pretty picture of Floyd ...    The one I read had him with a string of convictions.

One mistake = fair enough , if what you say is True.
---------------------
“What is not being told is the violent criminal history of George Floyd. The media will not air this,” police union president Bob Kroll told his members in a letter posted Monday on Twitter.

Floyd had landed five years behind bars in 2009 for an assault and robbery two years earlier, and before that, had been convicted of charges ranging from theft with a firearm to drugs, the Daily Mail reported.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 8:47pm
Floyd was no angel that's for dam sure, but the police officer who held him down for 8 minutes has plenty to answer for

EAD
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 8:50pm
From that Wikipedia notation I see George Perry Floyd entered the local hip hop scene as an automotive customizer.
I might be a bit behind times, but what does a person work in a hip hop scene as an automative customizer ? Is any different from working in a football club as an automative customizer ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2020 at 9:12pm
You are well ahead of me, Bob, I am very dim on what "hip-hop" actually might be.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 26>