Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Electricity Pricing - Horror Stories

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2022 at 11:35pm
For the sake of a few thousand dollars why wouldn’t you ? You don’t have to turn it on . I’ll guarantee you have days - & more importantly nights - when it’s uncomfortably hot. 

Obviously no sense of priorities. You would spend that much every few weeks staying in hotels based on what you say on here 
Refer ALP Election Promises
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 1:19am
 I like uncomfortably hot...always love a bit of humidity, too...

better than freaking cold...

Why would I waste thousands when we get sea breezes? Then have to pay higher electricity costs.

Fresh air is free. 

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 1:29am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

For the sake of a few thousand dollars why wouldn’t you ? You don’t have to turn it on . I’ll guarantee you have days - & more importantly nights - when it’s uncomfortably hot. 

Obviously no sense of priorities. You would spend that much every few weeks staying in hotels based on what you say on here 

I actually find this post to be hilarious. You tell me I should spend thousands putting it in, then to not bother turning it on...except on those odd hot nights...usually about four or five per summer. 

I know whose priorities are skewed. No wonder I have money to spare for holidays. 

I suppose I should put in a pool, too. Which is the main reason I stay at certain hotels. I need to swim to keep my back muscles strengthened and support the fusions. When I don't get a decent summer, like this year, my condition worsens. 

ErmmGeekWacko

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 3:17am
Yes - in a nutshell

Plenty of kooks around that have your mentality on air conditioning. Almost wear it as a badge of honour not to have it. Why tolerate stinking hot days when you don’t have to . Odd from my perspective !
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 4:18am
 I told you...I like stinking hot days...

Thumbs Up
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 4:20am
 and I live near the coast...not at Penrith...so the heat isn't as intense as out that way.

Ermm

goldey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote goldey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 9:17am
Upgrade to more efficient DC fans air cons etc , turn off lights in the rooms that are not being used , led light bulbs , don't rely on a electricity generating companies to give anyone a break , why has the government sold off our assets , water,  electricity should have stayed in the hands of the people , water should be free, it's essential to all life 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 10:05am
"The western Sydney suburb of Penrith was the hottest place on Earth on Saturday, reaching a high of 48.9 degrees Celsius."Evil Smile

"Why is Penrith so hot?
Penrith's hot temperatures are exacerbated by a combination of its inland location, urban heat island effect (i.e. density of housing and lack of trees) and its position on the footsteps of the Blue Mountains, which trap hot air."Angry

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 10:25am
Originally posted by goldey goldey wrote:

Upgrade to more efficient DC fans air cons etc , turn off lights in the rooms that are not being used , led light bulbs , don't rely on a electricity generating companies to give anyone a break , why has the government sold off our assets , water,  electricity should have stayed in the hands of the people , water should be free, it's essential to all life 
Totally agree Goldey. Privatisation of essential services should not have occurred. Premised on being more efficient. Unfortunately ripping people off falls under that broad banner Ouch 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 10:29am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

"The western Sydney suburb of Penrith was the hottest place on Earth on Saturday, reaching a high of 48.9 degrees Celsius."Evil Smile

"Why is Penrith so hot?
Penrith's hot temperatures are exacerbated by a combination of its inland location, urban heat island effect (i.e. density of housing and lack of trees) and its position on the footsteps of the Blue Mountains, which trap hot air."Angry

Yes - my  initial reaction to that is well its not all bad - at least in winter it will be warmer.

BUT it doesn't work like that  Confused
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 10:31am
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 10:34am
Yes - public servants might not actually do - or achieve much. But at least the don't fill their brief cases up every arvo with money before they go home.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Plus the heating when the weather turns cold. Love my ducted aircon it’s brilliant. Cool or heat or just a fan and can isolate it to specific rooms. Wouldn’t live without. Plus the solar panels I put on the roof pays for the usage anyway. Clap
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2022 at 12:21pm
Think of what a sorry state you would be in without the brilliant Rudd insulation, the gift that keeps on giving. It would be as miserable as Abbottabad.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2022 at 2:15pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 1:51pm
Got my latest electricity bill yesterday - lowest in 15 years. Just by a few dollars. The horror hasn't started yet.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jul 2022 at 1:55pm
Rates are to increase from today, the first day of the new financial year.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 456