Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Djokovic - The Real Reason !!!

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 7:16am
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Because Hawke has created a martyr. He could literally have blood on his hands if things get out of hand now. So bizarre to see people who usually can't stand the govt defending it when it has done something so clearly disgraceful!
I’ve read all the polling is in either the 70s or80s in support of deportation 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 7:16am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Why are the Slomo crew going with such a weird justification for booting Novaxx this morning, which looks likely to me to be rejected? Why don't they go for the obvious reason that he lied on his visa application? Can they have another go if this one fails?
Specific argument is easier to shoot down. Touchy / Feely stuff like "feelings"" not so much. Where this falls down of course is average Joes watching from the sideline see the strategy as being weak as piddle. Most people just want him booted for the "Real" reasons. Its amazing Scommo et al cant see that
Refer ALP Election Promises
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 7:23am
If for some bizarre reason the federal Court rules in Djokovic favor on some unfairness reasoning over the Minister's ''right'' to just do it, I believe there are still other sections of the Act that Hawke can cite in revoking his visa again and again.

Ask any refugee how many options they have.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 7:27am
However there is of course a point where the govt loses the people on overreach, and this govt has a rare talent for taking a complete feck-up and making it even worse.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 7:43am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

If for some bizarre reason the federal Court rules in Djokovic favor on some unfairness reasoning over the Minister's ''right'' to just do it, I believe there are still other sections of the Act that Hawke can cite in revoking his visa again and again.

Ask any refugee how many options they have.
PT you continually compare the Djokovic case to refugees. Massive difference - he is the Aust Open Tennis champion wanting to come into the country for a few weeks only to try to defend the title. Refugees have no prior connection to the country & are trying to remain here for life. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 7:45am
He is caught up in our Immigration system.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 7:45am

However there is of course a point where the govt loses the people on overreach, and this govt has a rare talent for taking a complete feck-up and making it even worse.
I think they have already lost a fair few with there strategy. Comes across as sneaky & gutless. 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 7:47am

Fair enough. However bringing up the little girls as some comparison earlier was a long bow.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 7:47am
Not according to a poll today. Only 14% support Djokovic according to HS-Age poll.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 7:50am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Fair enough. However bringing up the little girls as some comparison earlier was a long bow.

No, both are in the hands of Alex Hawke and his discretionary powers. Immigration effects a lot of people and the govt has extraordinary power to decide stuff make stuff up or just not decide and leave people in limbo. They could potentially still do that to Djokovic if they decide that losing border control(bio) is an election loser.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 8:18am
Surely this is so farcical that it must be intended to fail.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 9:00am
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 9:02am
I watched for first 90 minutes and gave up Smile
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 9:41am
 I have it muted, but following. I'm busy watching the wild card round of NFL. Much more important. 
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 9:45am
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Surely this is so farcical that it must be intended to fail.
This line is even more pathetic listening to it. Next we will be putting ALL the unvaxed up against a wall & shooting them

Will probably win though. Just hard to swallow - weak as !
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 10:43am
Best line so far was that the minister can't cancel a visa "based on an evidence-free figment of his imagination."
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 10:49am
I thought the best line was when Wood said that points 2 and 3 would be a lot quicker than point one was(took nearly 2 hours), which brought groans of approval from the bench.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 10:51am
Most of what I've seen has been unsubstantiated gossip ,   worth nothing in a Court .    
Like the goose saying =   No it hasn't =   as a contribution to contradict.    
Means Fn NOTHING .      the line mentioned is being repeated on sGB . GO look . Before proving your mental struggle.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:01am
Can anyone translate this?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:06am
Sorry.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:11am
 he needs a nap...

Evil Smile
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:18am
LOL ...     the foundation was a simple .... blurting out unsubstantiated crap is a waste of time .    Especially in a Court .

The diversion was to tell "Simple Simon .      That, just because he says    " No it Isn't " ,   doesn't identify what he is talking about and his conclusions mean nothing.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:27am
They are hard markers Macca LOL
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:40am
Who was it that said macca couldn't help himself..?

Says the WORLD is debating taking the grand slam from Aus because he heard it on Sydney radio. Then says "What the story is I didn't get"

Previously said "Mark Taylor , High Profile Cricket commentator , double vacced and had his 1st booster ......      R over Z with Covid ."

Then when called out on this he says "I didn't bother with the full story"

I'm seeing a pattern emerging.

LOLLOL

Oh dear.
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:42am
 if 2GB didn't report it, it ain't true...

Ermm
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:43am
This is a man who deals in FACTS, as he's said many times.

or

Reads a headline and rolls with it LOL
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:53am
 oh for god's sake...just deliver the verdict.

No wonder lawyers charge so much.

Waffle waffle waffle...

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:53am
Your trying hard Simple Simon and so well named.

In trying to not ripple Horlicks into intervention , I've asked you many times to back off .    I don't want to be part of your communications .   ( reasons explained )   . i hope Horlicks remembers this when you have provoked his interest enough .
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:54am
What's the deal with the repeated rant about Mark Taylor?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jan 2022 at 11:55am
Mr Lloyd just delivered the coup de grace. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 13>