Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Demise of the Queensland ALP Government

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Demise of the Queensland ALP Government
    Posted: 20 May 2020 at 11:23am
Reading between the lines in far off Melbourne I cannot understand the premier of Queensland Premier,
Annastacia Palaszczuk, taking the advice of one person, her chief medical officer, and banning interstate travel to Queensland until the end of August. From May to September most Australians tourists from the southern states , to escape the winter weather, travel to the Gold Coast, Sunshine Coast and up to FNQ for holidays. By banning those holidaymakers entry into Queensland she is depriving that state's tourist industry of much needed revenue. If she opens the borders later in the year Queensland will not have the same appeal to southerners as the summer weather can be oppressive and local attractions in southern Australia are more appealing.

To be a successful politician you may listen to advice but at the end of the day you must lead, and Palalasxczuk is not leading.

As a person who has been known to like a bet, I would like to know what are the odds the Palaszczuk government will be thrown out in the upcoming elections and does not win a seat north of the Sunshine Coast later this year ?
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 11:29am
I will answer my own question , according to Sportsbet, the Qld ALP government are $2.15 and the Liberals are $1.70 in a two horse race. 
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 11:47am
As someone pointed out to me the other day, Deb Frecklington, the opposition leader, wouldn't pull the skin off a rice custard. Don't get too excited about a change of govt, Bob, I'm pretty certain Queenslanders don't want an influx of southerners who will only increase the chances of a COVID outbreak over winter. I think they are wise not to give up the extremely low infection rate, to chance people arriving from the south at the most dangerous time, altering that. Queenslanders don't want to lose an advantage gained at a cost of billions, so the Toorak set can sun themselves in a more agreeable location.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:11pm
Maxie, what's the odds  Palaszczuk will relent and open the borders before the end of June, thus putting Bananabenders at the risk of catching COVID -19 from that invading "Toorak set" ?

Evens ?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:13pm
We will see what the odds are after Morrison reintroduces childcare fees and cuts the dole in half and removes the job keeping payments.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:18pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Maxie, what's the odds <span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;"> Palaszczuk will relent and open the borders before the end of June, thus putting Bananabenders at the risk of catching COVID -19 from that invading "Toorak set" ?</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">
</span>
<span style=": rgb251, 251, 253;">Evens ?</span>

Too soon. If she does that, and there are outbreaks of COVID from Southern visitors, then I will vote for Deb ! Sure there will be pressure from all kinds of lobby groups, but Billions have been lost keeping this thing at trace levels, a major reversal of that, would mean all that sacrifice was wasted.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:20pm
PT they are federal issues, the public are not that stupid, they know opening borders are state issues, for which each state government will have "to carry its own cross".

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:27pm
Coronavirus is a national and state issue and it is what is driving everything at the moment. The Federal Govts handling of it has the LNP everywhere polling up, Qld included. 

If they screw up with China and lose iron ore, gas and coal exports, it will be them blamed, not Anastasia.

There will also be an adjustment based on how Morrison handles the recovery. I hope he does what he should do and actually increases stimulus/maintenance to drive out of this thing. Time will tell.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:35pm
Sounds like Bob wants to have a winter vacation at Noosa. We all have to make sacrifices for the team, Bob.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:48pm
"Reading between the lines in far off Melbourne I cannot understand the premier of Queensland"

I cannot understand why anybody would ever want to leave the world's most livable city.Confused
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:56pm
On the positive, the border lockdown keeps about 50,000 Qlders every weekend from invading here in Northern NSW.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 12:57pm
OWHH LALA.      Qld has been destroyed by Labor over many years , So what's new Pussy Cat.        . Jackie Tradd leaving is of some help , I do hope her Prostate Surgery is successful.

No choice and must open ASAP as the joint is BROKE. will have 20% unemployment.

Even the Ladies are more available ATM .. They can't afford batteries.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 1:09pm
Can't get to Noosa - take a cruise instead.Thumbs Up

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 1:14pm
I reckon if Toorak Bob sailed his yacht to the Whitsundays he would probably get away with it.Wink

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 1:46pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Can't get to Noosa - take a cruise instead.Thumbs Up
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

OWHH LALA.      Qld has been destroyed by Labor over many years , So what's new Pussy Cat.        . Jackie Tradd leaving is of some help , I do hope her Prostate Surgery is successful.

No choice and must open ASAP as the joint is BROKE. will have 20% unemployment.

Even the Ladies are more available ATM .. They can't afford batteries.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 1:51pm
You "liking" your own posts now macca ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 1:56pm
Bob's doctor is Missy Higgins' dad, and he had COVID ! Bob could be a "sleeper" carrier. Talking about Missy, check out the one minute mark in this video, to see what a few glasses of champers can do to a girl.

https://youtu.be/917H6LtwjSI
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 2:02pm
Maxie, do not let facts get behind a good story, Missy Higgins' dad is not my doctor, he practices in the same clinic. 
BTW Queensland is not immune from this virus, 14% of known cases are in Queensland.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 2:09pm
Can you get me an autograph Bob?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 2:13pm
Reckon the ski resorts will host an outbreak, this winter. They will likely be a good early barometer.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 2:15pm

Maxie, As you can see the clinic has a few more doctors than Missy Higgin's dad.

Dr Ras Amini

Dr Charles Bush

Dr Kirstin Charlesworth

Dr Christopher Higgins

Dr Neil McNab

Dr Trina Rowland

Dr Rowan Sawers

Dr Marie Schmidt

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 2:20pm
I was shamelessly using the doctor as a vehicle to slot in the video about his daughter, Bob.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 2:20pm
BOB I'm Maxie , your confusing me.

That other bloke is Max , He will sit for his IE next Semester.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 2:22pm
What's an IE ? Internal examination ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 2:26pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Can you get me an autograph Bob?

I bid on line for Micheal Jordan's autograph at that recent auction where his shoes sold for around $AUD 800,000 but I was found wanting once it went over my limit. I might be able to scramble Dan Andrews autograph if you want his before he is given the flick as Premier of Victoria. It might be worth something as a memento in a few years time as the last far-left Premier in Victoria's history.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 2:28pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

BOB I'm Maxie , your confusing me.

That other bloke is Max , He will sit for his IE next Semester.
No, you are Macca, he is Maxie.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 2:32pm
Dan's approval rating is through the roof at the moment Bob. Newspoll this week 85% say he is doing a good job and 75% satisfied with him,
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 2:43pm
The thing is Bob, you get points towards Legend Status if you start a new thread, however points are also deducted for talking nonsense.  Which in effect means you've earned no points thus far for this thread mate. Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2020 at 4:37pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

The thing is Bob, you get points towards Legend Status if you start a new thread, however points are also deducted for talking nonsense.  Which in effect means you've earned no points thus far for this thread mate. Big smile

SC, If that is the case, you must have "something on" the moderators to get 21,000 + points. Embarrassed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 7>