Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Daqiansweet Junior (NZ)

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 6:10pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

That would have to be the best result (6th) in a Melbourne Cup for an Adelaide Cup winner in how long? He ran well today.
Quite recent actually.

2019 Adelaide Cup winner ran 5th in the Melb Cup later in the year.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 10:52pm
Lord Hybrow - that's right i remember - Surprise Baby
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2022 at 11:01pm
Before Daqiansweet Junior, when was the last time a horse ran in the Adelaide Cup,  Sydney Cup and Melbourne Cup in the same year?

In terms of Daqiansweet Junior:

1st of Nov 2022: 6th - G1 Melbourne Cup (3200m, 53kg)

9th of Apr 2022: 3rd - G1 Sydney Cup (3200m, 51.5kg)

14th of Mar 2022: 1st - G2 Adelaide Cup (3200m, 56.5kg)

Balciano View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balciano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 1:23am
Maybe Zavite? He seemed to run in all the 3200 metre races.

Gallic won both Adelaide and Sydney Cups in the same year  but was scratched on Melb Cup eve.

Fine effort by Daqiansweet Junior all the same. Wonder if they'll head back to NZ and look at some of the Summer staying features.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 4:45am
Zavite won the Adelaide Cup 2009 and also ran in the Melbourne Cup, 2010 he won the Auckland Cup and also ran in the Sydney and Melbourne Cups.  These were his only career runs at 3200m.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 4:21pm
Balciano, I would love Phillip to keep this horse in work for the whole next 12 months, no spell.

So go Wellington Cup, Auckland Cup, back to Sydney Cup, up to Brisbane. 

The tricky part is what to do with him between Brisbane and the Bart Cummings.   

Running this horse at anything under 2400m is just a waste of time and money. I am not saying he would win all those races because they are long distances, but most racehorses can handle, and some even enjoy, training and racing over a longer period than 12 weeks. 

I think George Hanlon would have had a great deal of fun with him! 
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Majestic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Majestic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Nov 2022 at 7:45pm
Reckless. How’s your memory. Won Adelaide, Brisbane, Sydney and ran 2nd in Melbourne cup
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 8:42pm
Was wondering why he was missing from Sydney Cup markets.

Found this tweet from OTI on 20th Feb

Sadly Daqiansweet Junior will miss the remainder of his autumn campaign due to an irritating bone flake requiring prompt removal. After his recovery he will be prepared for a spring campaign and another attempt at the Melbourne Cup.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Mar 2023 at 8:46pm
“Sadly Daqiansweet Junior will miss the remainder of his autumn campaign due to an irritating bone flake requiring prompt removal.

After his recovery he will be prepared for a spring campaign and another attempt at the Melbourne Cup”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 2:20pm
Another brave Melb Cup effort today to run 5th Clap

He’s a bit of a throw back to the good old fashioned 2 milers of the 80’s & 90’s.

Bring him back in 2024 for the Adelaide, Sydney & Brisbane Cups
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 2:30pm
One of the few I was sure I could trust to run the distance. If it wasn't for bloody Sheraz I would have had the first 4 for 25%. In an ideal world we'd have more distance races in Oz, for real prizemoney. Instead we have garbage like the Golden Thingamee for 4 yos over 1500, with 20 horses.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 2:37pm
Stiff cheddar Stayer, nothing like a $151 job putting you out of business.  Cry
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 2:57pm
I wish I knew how to show photo of my bets, SC. I had 5 horses to run 1st/ 2nd - tick - about 10 to run 3rd, including Ashrun and Di Junior, and about 15 to run 4th. Do you think I even considered bloody SHERAZ???!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 3:13pm
There you go!  

Whereas in the small beer category I backed the Cup winner to win a couple of hundred or so and still lost $200 on the day.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 3:15pm
I've lost a bit more than that to be honest. Oh well.
Plastic letters View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 4:28pm
For another $20 I would have had the F4. Got greedy and removed Shiraz from 3rd to only 4th.
About 4k Gonski due to being a gutless tight aspAngry
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 4:58pm
How in the living eff did you include Shiraz, PL?
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 5:53pm
He was easy to find stayer.

I backed four roughies and Sheraz and Ashrun were two of them so I had a good win backing Sheraz at $26.00 the place.

I thought the first four was fairly gettable. But I took on Soulcombe.  
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Plastic letters View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Plastic letters Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 6:15pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

How in the living eff did you include Shiraz, PL?

I hear a stable rep talking about his euro form over 2400+. Never missed a place, I think. Nice run Sydney cup as well 

Greed or fear got better of meLOL

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 6:40pm
Pfft.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2023 at 6:48pm
Waller liked him in every interview but there's plenty of others he's talked up similarly that have run unplaced.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Apr 2024 at 7:18pm
OTI reporting he pulled up with a suspensory injury after the Roy Higgins Qlty on Saturday & will require some 4-6 months off.

Has run good races in the Melb Cups of 2022 (6th) & 2023 (5th) but will be missing this year.

If he recuperates well, will then be aimed at the 2025 Adelaide Cup.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12