Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

DANIEL MOOR

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote thecannylad Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 5:27am
jarryd bachi is making you her bitch, so when she says get her a cup of coffee you make sure you do it on the double
Jarryd View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 5:27am
No, he wasn't relieved of his responsibilities, he simply didn't ask for them back when the new forum was made LOL

RFF, you Pig
Run For Fun View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Run For Fun Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 5:32am
The person concerned was assholed.  Plain and simple.

And his subsequent efforts more than justify his being assholed.

As the above posts suggest.
It's hard to soar with eagles...

Cheers
Jarryd View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jarryd Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 5:39am
Again talking off topic like you normally do RFF, it seems that this old age has brought nothing but memory loss and a bitter taste in your mouth RFF.

How about another light beer RFF? Or maybe your nightly nappy change?

Pig
Tommo View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tommo Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 5:55am
It was a good ride and I don't blame him for celebrating.  At least it was after the line and not like a few rides I have seen recently including Lisa Cropp when she was in OZ celebrating before the line and losing the photo...then there was M Walker who was lengths ahead of the field -  he eased his mount while he had a good look at himself on the bigscreen only to have to get his mount going again very fast when nearly run down.  Only just got the photo. I am sure there are a lot more examples

It is always great to see a bit of emotion on the track and there is no need to be embarrassed about it.  Got the bob in at the right time but so did the winner.
Dichez View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dichez Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2009 at 6:00am
Shouldnt have to say anything.......... ask the connections of Bocuse........... where is my emotive of head shaking
Being punctual means you spend most of your life waiting for others
andynr123 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote andynr123 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 2:09am
I hope that Dan Moor is back on tonight.

Want to ask him why he went for this protest!!!!
Nocturnal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Nocturnal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2009 at 8:30pm
Not a great carnival for D Moor . 2 poor rides on Tuesday Both should have won. 7s -4 the last one (tadgh ) i think it was called , too many brain cells slaughtered and 19 races since then since then  .
The false celebration and the frivolous protest in the last yesty.

He did come back to a group of 4 cheering and celebrating his 2nd. Must be rellies.. Thought he was a b grader might be now a c grader

The only problem with backing winners ? You never have enough on....
Muppet Central View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Muppet Central Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 May 2009 at 11:23pm
quality ride on Subprime Cry

should have won by 2
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 3:17pm
In-form jockey Daniel Moor has been given a six-month licence to ride in Singapore, in a coup for the Warrnambool native.

The 33-year-old has been in fine touch in season 2017-18, on track for a personal-best campaign with 52 winners to his name already after his previous benchmark of 66 last season.

Two of those winners have come in Singapore already, having flown over for shorter stints on multiple occasions, but now Moor is bound for the jurisdiction longer-term.

His exact departure date from Melbourne remains an unknown, with Moor hoping for approval from the Government of Singapore within the coming month.

"Initially it was only on a weekend basis [the Singapore stints], but I did spend a month over there around Christmas and New Year," Moor said.

"I really took a shine to the place, and especially the lifestyle is a bit easier there than over here.

"So I put in an application, and luckily enough, the Singapore Turf Club have approved it and away we go."

Amid one of his career-best seasons, Moor said the man in charge of booking his rides, jockey agent Dave Barry, had been a critical element, as had Flemington trainer Danny O'Brien.

Moor and O'Brien combined to win the Group 2 Angus Armanasco Stakes in February with Summer Sham, and while the hoop feared the trainer might not have been as receptive to his Singapore news given he'd be losing his services, O'Brien was anything but.

"I've got a great manager Dave Barry," Moor said.

"We identified a bit of a different strategy, with Anthony Freedman's business model changing; he's now largely based out of Pinecliff so it was harder to commit to riding three to four days for him.

"Danny O'Brien has been an amazing support. I can't thank him enough.

"I had a long chat with Danny this morning, and he was super supportive. He basically said it's amazing how many jockeys go overseas and come back riding so much better."

Along with O'Brien, Luke Oliver and Grand Syndicates, Moor is leaving behind some other key supporters of his career - his family.

While he'll be able to travel back and forth at certain points, Moor said given the stint wasn't permanent, it wouldn't make sense to haul his family out of their lives.

"My son is going great at school, he's class captain, and playing Under-9s footy at St Bernard's, loves his golf so he's in a great spot," he added.

"The kids are the number one priority in my life and I will miss them, but I think they'll know in time that this is for them."

Moor's Singapore stints thus far have landed him winners for James Peters and Lee Freedman, and he is set to ride for Steven Burridge, Michael Clements and Daniel Meagher among others when he starts out in the jurisdiction.

"Until then, it's business as usual over here," Moor said.

As busy as ever, his coming days entail riding at Sandown (Wednesday, Monday), Racing.com Park (Thursday), Caulfield (Saturday), Stawell (Sunday) on the back of riding home a Ballarat double on Tuesday.

That hard work has produced results, and now Singapore beckons for the next chapter.

Meanwhile, Group 1-winning NZ hoop Alysha Collett has also been granted a six-month licence in Singapore, while G1-winning Melbourne jockey Ben Melham is pinch-hitting at the Group 3 meeting at Kranji on Friday, riding Filibuster for trainer Cliff Brown.

Melham is then flying straight back for the Caulfield meeting on Saturday, when he has seven rides - including for Macedon Lodge aboard Homesman in the G3 Easter Cup
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 4:31pm
Very under rated jock
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Mar 2018 at 4:34pm
He has recently formed a good partnership with Luke Oliver. They're combining for alot of winners.

But personally, not a fan of Moor. A decent bush jockey. Nothing more.
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Apr 2018 at 10:03am
9 years between posts,maybe a record
deejays destiny View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 4:48pm
City treble
MJB View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote MJB Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:10pm
It does help when all the good jockeys are up in Sydney.

But credit where credit is due, he's in a rich vein of form.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:22pm
He rides the quaddie
Straight Connector View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Straight Connector Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:24pm
Brilliant.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:33pm
Marvelous stuff!  Clap

Was a member here for about three years while an apprentice, before wiser heads suggested it mightn't have been a real good idea. 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Marvelous stuff!  Clap

Was a member here for about three years while an apprentice, before wiser heads suggested it mightn't have been a real good idea. 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote deejays destiny Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 5:45pm

Marvelous stuff!  Clap

The good old days
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Apr 2018 at 6:44pm

Marvelous stuff!  Clap

Or rather driven out by members talking thru' their pockets, a common occurrence on racing forums & a real shame in Daniels' case.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 2:51pm
Think DM wrote reading stuff on here was something to while away the time while in the sauna he's got a little busier for one thing since then ..... dare say.

His input re Hachiman was invaluable Wink
early4lunch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote early4lunch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Apr 2018 at 8:04pm
Our Hoop is a star
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 12:07pm
Another who's been flying of late Cry

Daniel Moor joins injury list

Daniel Moor has joined the long list of injured Victorian jockeys with the lightweight rider sidelined for the rest of the week at least with a chest injury.

Moor’s manage Dave Barry said the 36-year-old was sore on Tuesday morning following a track gallop at Flemington after hurting what the jockey thought was a rib in a barrier incident at Swan Hill last Friday.

“He had one (Demando) play-up at the gates at Swan Hill in the last race and got back to he rooms and thought he might have broken a rib or something so he spent that night in Swan Hill hospital,” Barry said.

“He got the all-clear here were no breaks but when he jumped on a horse this morning there is still something definitely wrong there.

“He’s going back to the doctor today for another opinion to try and find out what it is but he won’t be riding through to Saturday and we’ll hopefully have more of a guide today as to when he’ll be right.

“The last couple of days he felt fine doing normal things but then it was a different story when he got on a horse.”

Victorian jockeys have been in the wars in recent weeks with injuries in recent weeks to apprentices Laura Lafferty and Carleen Hefel.

Both riders were stood down for a mandatory 12 days on the concussion rule and neither are likely to be ready to ride again until next month.

Currently also on the sidelines are Dwyane Dunn, who is still overcoming a neck injury; Michael Walker, who has a list of serious injuries that will keep him out for the rest of the year and Jarrod Fry, who is hoping to be back by the end of the season following a heel fracture.

Jordan Childs, who fractured a shoulder at The Valley in February, returns to trackwork at Caulfield for the first time on Wednesday.

Teo Nugent is recovering well from a fractured leg sustained at Cranbourne in May and is hopeful of a return to work by the end of the month.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2021 at 12:34pm
And he was down to ride Vancity for us tomorrow.  Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 4:22pm
Great to see Dam Moor win the Aussie Oaks on Glint of Hope today.  2021/2022 has been huge for him with I think four Gp1 victories.

Some may not know that Dan was a very active member on here for a couple of years before being advised it wasn't a great idea for a jockey to get involved with some of the chat and argie bargie on TBV.  Wink
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 5:27pm
Or was it the constant trolling by several members Confused My memory varies considerably from yours SC and yes, I'm thrilled to bits for him Clap
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 5:28pm
Why does that not surprise me.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 5:30pm
It was a cracker of a ride but I wish Kah had stayed on the rail in front of him Wink

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2022 at 5:09pm
Great to see Dan win the Sale Cup today.  Clap

Can't understand why he hasn't been given better rides of late.  Has largely been going around roughies but his recent record shows that whenever he gets aboard a decent hope, as sure as night follows day he's inevitably close to the money.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123