Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Dan Andrews

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 196>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 5:22pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

I repeat again what lives has Margaret Court cost ?

I guess you would have to correlate the suicide notes to know.... 

Gee that comment reminds me of Neil Armstrong's quote when he first placed his foot on the moon. " One small step for LBQIT deaths, one giant step to blame Margaret Court "
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jan 2021 at 8:38pm

Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I repeat again what lives has Margaret Court cost ?

I guess you would have to correlate the suicide notes to know.... 

Gee that comment reminds me of Neil Armstrong's quote when he first placed his foot on the moon. " One small step for LBQIT deaths, one giant step to blame Margaret Court "

Bob, his reply reeks of not having the balls to answer honestly 

He’s scared of the  truth
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 7:30pm
Most on TBV will be aware that the Coate Enquiry was a white wash and that no person in the Andrews government was held to be responsible for the botched hotel quarantine disaster costing 800 Victorian lives. The cost of the enquiry amounted to millions, now it has surfaced that individually each Andrew’s government minister , at the taxpayers expense, engaged legal counsel ( QC) to act on their behalf at that enquiry, at a total cost of $7 million and rising, to tell Commissioner Coate they could not remember who signed off on the employment of a private security company to oversee the hotel quarantine.
This Daniel Andrews and his motley government are a joke.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 7:50pm
Thanks for all that Bob.  How's the State Liberal Party leadership underground f2ckfest going?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 10:05am
$78M for quarantine staff to sit at home, $5.7m for an inquiry to come to the conclusion the government knew nothing and now it has been revealed $7.7m ( more than the enquiry itself ) for lawyers to state the Andrews government ministers knew nothing, what a waste of money in a cynical move to avoid scrutiny. Has any government in Australia ever been as corrupt as the Andrews-led government in Victoria ?
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 10:16am
Joh in QLD.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 10:30am
OK, I thought someone would come up with him. How about a few examples including the waste of money.
EnableMe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnableMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 10:44am
VEDC ..... I'll let you run with that Bob. LOL
longevity does not equate to credibility
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 10:49am
I mean Gladys was boning a dude before and after she knew he was corrupt. She even sacked him and still boned him in secret.

Helloworld scandal where the company won a $1 billion contract.

The Aus Water Holdings thing.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 11:03am
Originally posted by EnableMe EnableMe wrote:

VEDC ..... I'll let you run with that Bob. LOL

I see after leaving politics Robert Fordham, the major Cain ALP Government minister in that rort, was made a Member of the Order of Australia (AM) in the 2013 Australia Day Awards.Wink
I presume down the track, Andrews will receive an OA if corruption gets one pass the first base for nomination.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 11:56am
He'll be in the queue right behind Matthew Guy.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 1:30pm

OK, I thought someone would come up with him. How about a few examples including the waste of money.

C'mon Bob, surely you aren't that one eye'd that you think the Andrews government is comparable to Joh's shenanigans.  His government saw 3 ministers jailed and Joh only avoid jail time thanks to what could politely be called friendly help.

Corruption that was so entrenched that when Chris Masters was doing his investigative reporting for 'the moonlight state' the AFP had an officer protective duty as the QLD police planned to frame him to keep 'the joke' going.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2021 at 1:52pm
Wasn't big Russ good enough Afros. Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 9:11am
Well Daniel Andrews "rolled-gold standard hotel quarantine" has taken a big hit with an outbreak at the  Holiday Inn at Tullamarine airport where returning overseas Australian are required to quarantine for 14 days on their return to Australia. Eight confirmed cases have traced back to the hotel and 1000 quarantine workers have been forced into "home isolation". Let's see how that goes Unhappy.

Someone should tap Dan on the shoulder and tell him " rolled-gold" is a veneer of gold coating on cheaper metal to create a genuine gold look. It's a cheap alternative to solid gold, somewhat similar to Dan's "rolled-gold quarantine" at hotels in Melbourne.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 10:05am
Don't think he's ever called it 'rolled-gold'. Gold standard, yes, but not rolled-gold. Whatever he calls it, it's looking a little bronze at the minute and looked worse in the past.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 10:39am
"Rolled gold " or "Gold standard " whatever is Dan's terminology it is a much of a muchness.

Gold Standard is defined as "a thing of superior quality which serves as a point of reference against which other things of its type may be compared."
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 10:41am
Victorian quarantine is anything but Gold standard this is true. Not now and certainly not last year.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 11:14am
Grudgingly I believe Andrews is the ultimate politician, he could talk his way out of a wet paper bag, he could sell ice blocks to Eskimos, hot pies to desert dwellers in the Sahara desert and will talk his way through this latest quarantine debacle like he has in the past and will be come out as blameless as a new born baby.
I could never vote for Andrews, but if he ever moved to federal politics to run for PM he would give any Liberal PM a run for their money.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 11:21am
No doubting he is an upper echelon Poli, one of the best. You just have to look at all the IStandWithDan stuff that was going on while 800 people were dying. 
Time is a flat circle
EnableMe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnableMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 11:22am
Far too odious to ever succeed at National level. Just look at the stinker that preceded him - Bill. 
EnableMe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnableMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 11:26am
I can't think of a single Vic Premier in the last 40 years that would have stood up to the demands of National office from either party. Kennett probably the strongest of a weak bunch, but you could just see him as a backroom narc and unpopular with too many colleagues to succeed. He and the budgie smuggler would have been a fine pair at Federal level. Dead
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Feb 2021 at 12:04pm
IPA Tim might be a good choice.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 2:34pm
Dan has done it again, his "gold standard" hotel quarantine of returning overseas travellers has failed and now the greater Melbourne will face a 5 day complete lockdown just as was the case last year.

Next Sunday we were to have a chook raffle at my local club , even if we had got Andrews and his motely ministers to run that I think they would have been out of their depth there.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 3:14pm
 He, along with the other Labor premiers, always have a slap at NSW, regardless of the covid situation. 

Today, it was "NSW only had to deal with the old strain of covid...this is worse"  

About time all premiers stopped politicking and just got on with the job of protecting the population. 

As for Scotty from Marketing...he doubles the input of overseas returners just when it's patently obvious it should be temporarily halted until a vaccine is proved effective. The idiot was voted in to protect us, not push an agenda... 

Bunch of w**kers, all of them...they won't be happy until we are in a similar situation to European countries and that basket-case, USA. 

Angry

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 3:18pm
Probably talking to Sky News. Was Peta there?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 3:37pm
BB, as far as I understand, it's the whole of bloody Victoria Angry
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 3:38pm
Gold Standard my ass.

kiss you Andrews
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 3:39pm
Yes state wide.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Feb 2021 at 4:08pm
I feel sorry for those folk in places like Echuca, Wodonga etc. 3 hours out of town but locked down. Walk 5 mins the opposite direction and free as a bird.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2021 at 7:23am
It looks as if Dan has been caught out again fudging the truth. At his press conference on Friday when introducing a 5 day lockdown of the entire state of Victoria he clearly said the use of a nebuliser was the reason for the third outbreak of the virus. It had been used by a returning overseas traveller at the Holiday Inn and was against the Dept.of Health and Human Services( DHSS ) regulations and the “bloke” who used the nebuliser was flaunting the law,
                  YET
that “bloke”  , whilst still in ICU in hospital, who used that nebuliser has been interviewed by The Age newspaper and has said Andrews has made him feel like a criminal. You might ask why he feels that way ? Simply not only twice had the DHSS at the Holiday Inn given him approval to use of the nebuliser, they had offered to obtain Ventolin for him to use in the nebuliser.

Dan you have some explaining to do .

Edited by Gay3 - 13 Feb 2021 at 8:42am
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2425262728 196>