Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Dalasan

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote crooked_gambler Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:13pm
why not keep him fresh and go third up into the guineas, 4th up into the 2000m at Flemington Day 4
This space has been intentionally left blank
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Sep 2019 at 4:16pm
Gee folks this is a Derby colt.  You all cry out we don't breed stayers.  We do we just don't let them stay!
Sunline View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sunline Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 1:00am
Everyone wants to train this colt for Leon.

Any of you heard of Gold Guru?
Sunline...simply supreme
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 6:25am
I've got a nice 50/1 double dalasan caul guin exceedance golden rose and s confident after yesterday. Although Dalasan will be better suited flem and further he settles handy and not much looks beyond him.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 11:09am
Originally posted by Sunline Sunline wrote:

Everyone wants to train this colt for Leon.

Any of you heard of Gold Guru?

This horse is classes above Gold Guru and Rebel Raider at their trips as well.

reductio ad absurdum
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 11:35am
His immediate goal is the Guineas, which is reasonable given he’s a 3yo colt. That being the case, I see no problem with running him Saturday especially seeing he, you know...won.
Balciano View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Balciano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 3:19pm
As a 3 yr old Gold Guru beat Zonda in an Aust Guineas, Tie the Knot/Northern Drake in the Derby, and Might and Power/Dane Ripper at WFA.

If Dalasan is 'classes above' him, then the rest of the 3 year olds may as well not show up.

I'll prefer to wait and see.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Sep 2019 at 3:28pm
I remember Gold Guru with great fondness.  If this boy is in his class we are in for some fun.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 12:27pm
I hope I am wrong but I expect him to show they have aimed to short with him.
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 5:08pm
Good effort and the only problem looks like he might be looking for 2000m already.

Over to djebel
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 5:08pm
Jockey suggested he wants blinkers.
Leon not convinced
Long Row View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Long Row Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 5:17pm
Needs a jockey change for the big dance, horse was in charge of Clark down the straight. A stronger jockey and it wins that race.

SHOVHOG View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SHOVHOG Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 5:27pm
Barrier trial. Book a stronger jockey for the big one.
" In gambling the many must lose in order for the few to win"
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 5:30pm
K McEvoy or Ollie on and he wins today but that’s racing
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2019 at 7:37pm
Hit that flat spot today like he did last start, strong on the line. Agree that he needs an aggressive ride over these shorter distances. If he's up on the speed in the Guineas they won't get past him.
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 1:18am
Guineas then Cox Plate. Lock it in . It would be the owner/breeders dream to have a future young sire with profile. as the breeder of Rebel Raider , RR has whetted his appetite
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 1:47am
I don’t mind potting a jock but I don’t think Raquel done much wrong. Warmed up late and just missed with bigger (longer) races to come. He’s not the most tractable and there were a lot worse rides on the day.
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 8:45am
They are dreaming if they think this horse can win the Guineas.
Won’t finish Top 3
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Discohips23 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Discohips23 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 9:00am
Originally posted by Smoke and Mirrors Smoke and Mirrors wrote:

They are dreaming if they think this horse can win the Guineas.
Won’t finish Top 3

Possibly. But that Prelude run was a good 2000m Cox Plate trial!
Smoke and Mirrors View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Smoke and Mirrors Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 10:46am
He reminds me of Rich Enuff who was also poorly placed
"Go Hard or Go Home”
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 10:54am
Well it's all about opinion, and who's to say who's right or wrong at this point.

My two-bob's worth is that imo his program has been faultless so far, and barring bad luck he'll give his rivals a hiding in the Guineas.
correctweight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote correctweight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 4:24pm
Would've won by 5 with Noel Callow on
Lopartega View Drop Down
Yearling
Yearling

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lopartega Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 4:42pm
No one is saying she rode it wrong. I think the consensus is that some horses benefit with stronger riders. That's all
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 6:23pm
Let me put it this way.

I would have backed him in Sydney on Saturday, against the three gallopers who filled the placings in the Rose.

He can sit up near speed, if he draws a gate inside 8 in the Guineas, he wins like TAS did last year.

Not scared of anything from Sydney!
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2019 at 6:47pm
Not even sure who is going down but a Sydneysider will win the Caulfield Guineas.
reductio ad absurdum
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 12:15am
They will go mad in front in The Guineas, he will need luck, but he has shown he's got the ability ... tempo killed him on Sunday, and yes, talking through my pocket.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 3:44am
Lets look at the runners from the Rose.

Bivouac looks like he might get a Everest run.

It has been reported Yes Yes Yes is being freshened for the Coolmore, but even if he shows up no chance of winning a hard run 1600m.

Exceedance. He is a talented horse, who will be competitive but he will have some problems, a big field, giving Dalasan at least two lengths start. That is a recipe for second at best. And he will probably start favorite as well.

Kubrick. I backed him in the rose, but to me he is racing like a wet tracker. By that I mean he can not seem to increase his speed as much on a dry track. He is the one with the most improvement (he has more than Yes Yes Yes because Waller always said YYY was his Rose contender and Kubrick is his Guineas chance, which means YYY was a little more forward for his Sydney campaign). Again he can be competitive but not sure he can win on a dry track.

Yao Dash. He could be the smokey. Typical Gai runner, good gate speed, sits forward and he has the profile of a winner of the guineas.

Dawn Passage. Looks an ideal Sandwon Guineas type to me. Just below top level.

Castelvecchio and Prince Fawaz. They will not get warm until they get to 2000m.

As I said I would not be afarid of any of those if I owned Dalasan!
Balciano View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Balciano Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Oct 2019 at 11:31am
Bowman booked for the Guineas
Glencoe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Glencoe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 1:46am
The owner/breeder can choose what races he pleases. And he is & he can afford to.
But in this game it is all about chasing dreams. If you don't aim high you won't win a big one. May mean at times some horses are not well placed but as they say in the classics  "he who pays the bills .......
mikey View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mikey Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Oct 2019 at 2:58pm
I think he will be winning The Caulfield Guineas & emerge as a genuine Cox Plate contender.

Will Raquel get the ride back down in the weights in The Cox Plate?
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 16>