Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Cox Plate 2021

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:45am
Originally posted by Pardon_My_Dust Pardon_My_Dust wrote:

Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Octagonal was a bit flat that spring.

Wasn't he? Although at that stage of his career not really sure 2040m at MV was his go. Wish we had have seen him run in a Melbourne Cup.

He was still recovering from a horror autumn. 
reductio ad absurdum
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 11:46am
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Why did you feel the need to take a screen shot ? 

Proof you used a naughty word.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:00pm
Originally posted by Afros Afros wrote:

Jamal, are you really that thick that you don't realise that everyone is sick of you farting out the same lines in every f***ing thread? Do you copy paste it to save yourself time or just re-type it?

As I said the other day, run along and make a thread to discuss this to your hearts content and let all the other threads be allowed to stay on the relevant topic.

You seem to think your making yourself look like a wise sage on the topic, in reality your just boring and repetitive. 

Sorry to disappoint you but I won't be going anywhere. Enjoy. 
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:04pm
Do you watch much international racing, Jamal?

I can't recall seeing an overseas race since BC. Big smile
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:05pm
Live that is. I don't have much of an appetite for watching horse races at 2am.Big smile

Simon Cameron

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:16pm
Originally posted by Pardon_My_Dust Pardon_My_Dust wrote:

Who cares?

Bring on the Cox Plate, with or without Internationals, always a great race! Beer

My favourite race day of the year. I am biased though.
Time is a flat circle
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 12:28pm
Yes I biased towards Golden SLipper day.  My childhood birthday treat.  Everyone have their favourite day.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 2:39pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Do you watch much international racing, Jamal?

I can't recall seeing an overseas race since BC. Big smile

I do yes. I think global whilst you think local.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 2:41pm
Wacko
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 2:48pm
If your in WA at least European racing is earlier in the night for you Jamal.  I'm no good after 11pm.  Usually lights out at 10.30.  I even hate having to wait for the WA races to come online for my collecting the information.  Way past the time I want to shut down the computer.  My eyes can only take so much screen time.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 2:56pm
Think global LOL nah , I buy local and it's so resilient , our apples look so Sound and round . Smile
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 4:42pm
Djebel - I see on Twitter you took a screenshot of my comment. I knew you'd do that. You're very easy to read mate. 
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:04pm
Who cares?
Can we discuss the race please
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:56pm
Bloody hell, are you 11 years old Jamal?
Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 5:58pm
If you like Anamoe you have to love Captivant who was arguably a better run in the Guineas. I just took the $22 with a power play.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 6:15pm
Score , Anamoe V  Captivant ,  5 zip , your entitled to those odds PMD , good luck. Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 6:27pm
Zaaki by 2 lengths Sick

Simon Cameron

Pardon_My_Dust View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pardon_My_Dust Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 6:36pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Score , Anamoe V  Captivant ,  5 zip , your entitled to those odds PMD , good luck. Smile

Had the cold sit on Captivant's back last start and beat it a half head. You're only as good as your last run they say. Wink

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Oct 2021 at 6:41pm

Hey PMD, " they say " LOL  that anonymous " 3rd person " ! Wink

Edited by Gay3 - 20 Oct 2021 at 7:52pm
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 1:30am
2021 Cox Plate Field - Last Start Performance and Timeform Rating.

Zaaki
3rd - G1 Might And Power Stakes (115)

Dalasan
3rd - G1 Epsom Handicap (119)

Gold Trip
3rd - G1 Grand Prix De Saint-Cloud (122)

Callsign Mav
1st - G1 Windsor Park Plate (115)

Mo'unga
5th - G1 Epsom Handicap (121)

Verry Elleegant
4th - G1 Turnbull Stakes (114)

Probabeel
1st - G1 Might And Power Stakes (116)

State Of Rest
1st - G1 Saratoga Invitational Stakes (116)

Anamoe
1st - G1 Caulfiekd Guineas (123)

Captivant
2nd - G1 Caulfield Guineas (121)
Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 8:22am
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Not  a very good field collectively. A few good ones. But depthwise its weak. Sorry. 

So Jamal, who is your top selection for the 2021 Cox Plate?
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 2:34pm
Gold Trip is in serious doubt of being scratched from the Cox Plate after failing a veterinary test on Thursday morning.

Callsign Mav also failed but trainer confident horse will be passed fit to race.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 3:30pm
Good Trip won’t be running. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 4:12pm
Anamoe also lame this afternoon 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 4:17pm
!!!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 4:27pm
Tweet saying Anamoe lame has now been deleted. Not sure what the go is. can’t find anything official so maybe it was wrong. Sorry for the alarm bells
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Magnolian Khan Magnolian Khan wrote:

Anamoe also lame this afternoon 

Wow! Is there a source for this?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 4:35pm
See my above post. Appears someone got it wrong and I got fooled 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 6:37pm
Don't think he can win, but possibly place.  Have just taken him at odds boost $66 and $11 which is surely well and truly overs.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 7:12pm
Who SC? Anamoe? Confused
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12345 12>