Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

banner ad

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 634635636637638 650>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:17am
2,297 cases and 11 deaths in Victoria today. R_eff 1.09.

Sponsored Links
banner ad

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:50am
Victoria = Covid basket case
What price tipping a protest ride in the TDF !
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 9:58am
Heading in the right direction.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:05am
So NSW figures so far looking pretty stable. The post GF surge has not occurred. Are we going to go down the Singapore experience in NSW or not ? Thoughts ?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:18am
Re Vic performance. It would be impossible to look at the record lockdown periods  - the cost of that in both economic terms & mental health terms - vs the results achieved without coming to the conclusion that the whole management has not been a giant balls up. Surely must be seen that way by ANY balanced analysis
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:24am
I still can't work out Victoria. What did Dangerous not do that SA, WA and Qld did? Are they particularly sickly people down there? Big sneezers?
"Two hundred years ago, 99.999 percent of human idiocy went unrecorded. Now we have the Internet."

Errol Morris
GAJ View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote GAJ Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:38am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Apart from the fact PT that most don;t work well.

I have stated and am a strong believer that these virus are not near as serious in the warmer ( humid ) weather and most certainly at theeir very worst in people congested conditions.
   ( common sense ) I expect that should be , but few give it much thought when trying to understand .
   Qld has a bluddy habit of uncomfortable Humidity most times . ( for me It knocks me rotten ) even this early in the warming season.
Victoria's higher population areas are some 2 degrees worse than Sydney and that is my " GUESS" as the reason for covid being much worse there.
   Places like Tassie and NZ , don't have the people masses and neither were infected , before they were aware it existed .
I also "GUESS" that lockdowns only make sure it is distributed , by having everyone under the same roof ALL the time .... Given it is accepted the open air and sunlight are the best conditions .   Why do the opposite.

I think you are spot on there Macca, a lot is written about the virus not thriving in the warmer climates. Bring it on and Christmas might be pleasant..
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 10:53am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I still can't work out Victoria. What did Dangerous not do that SA, WA and Qld did? Are they particularly sickly people down there? Big sneezers?

How many freaking times does that question need to be answered???
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:18am
TBV is the fishbowl of Victoria.
If pt, second chance etc were in charge
same result.
If one one, stayer etc were in charge 
the result would be the same as NSW.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:26am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

So NSW figures so far looking pretty stable. The post GF surge has not occurred. Are we going to go down the Singapore experience in NSW or not ? Thoughts ?

Singapore is the wrong place to judge up by. They have about 23% migrant worker population mostly from Bangladesh India and China. They were always at risk of rising cases post vaccination.

In NSW and VIC follow the R_eff not case numbers.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:36am
Originally posted by Hello Sunshine Hello Sunshine wrote:

TBV is the fishbowl of Victoria.
If pt, second chance etc were in charge
same result.
If one one, stayer etc were in charge 
the result would be the same as NSW.
Thankyou Hello Sunshine. Its a pleasure to contribute to a site that has members like yourself Beer
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:39am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Singapore is the wrong place to judge up by. They have about 23% migrant worker population mostly from Bangladesh India and China. They were always at risk of rising cases post vaccination.

In NSW and VIC follow the R_eff not case numbers.
Your too good for me PT. Vic breaks the daily record for infections & somehow you reckon their headed in the "right direction". I'd certainly want you beside me when I'm being walked to the electric chair LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:40am
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Break it down for me. Keep it real simple.Tongue Your theory is that Victorians disobey health orders far more than Queenslanders, right? Makes no sense to me.
"Two hundred years ago, 99.999 percent of human idiocy went unrecorded. Now we have the Internet."

Errol Morris
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:47am
Weather TLAZ.

Don't be too quick to start comparing the opening up numbers in NSW.

Will take weeks to get an accurate reading .    I would hope the warmer weather will help keep numbers down .
   he cold , hard facts are that Australia has done very well re losses from the virus .
The stupidity of Government in over reacting the way it has, is where the damage has been done.    We survived all previous Pandemics without closing down the economy and locking everyone up .   What has this virus got that has caused such fear and Hysteria ...   = MEDIA.
THEIR NOT PAYING COMPENSATION Because THE VACCINES ARE WORKING
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:53am

Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Break it down for me. Keep it real simple.Tongue Your theory is that Victorians disobey health orders far more than Queenslanders, right? Makes no sense to me.

Pages 77-78 Dan thread.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 11:57am
It hasn't been the weather, macca. Or the climate. It's been disengagement, bad management, demographics and fear.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:12pm
All good debate and thoughts put forward.

SOMETHING ...   Fits the Puzzle ...   Compare Melbourne , Sydney , ACT and Qld ....       What stands out .

When you see the ACT has 450 active cases and QLD has 34 ... The penny has to drop on one word = Weather
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:15pm
So i get Delta Covid is a lot more infectous / less deadly (?) than last years version. So is last years Covid still around ? - or has it basically been absorbed into Delta ? 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:17pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

All good debate and thoughts put forward.

SOMETHING ...   Fits the Puzzle ...   Compare Melbourne , Sydney , ACT and Qld ....       What stands out .

When you see the ACT has 450 active cases and QLD has 34 ... The penny has to drop on one word = Weather
or People Macca. Victorians have always seen themselves different to their northern counterparts LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:24pm

So i get Delta Covid is a lot more infectous / less deadly (?) than last years version. So is last years Covid still around ? - or has it basically been absorbed into Delta ? 
Ok - as of June there were 4 major Covid variants - Alpha, Bets , Gamma & Delta. I assume the first 3 are still active - not sure
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:51pm
Of course they are still out there...   Add them to the millions of variants for the seasonal Pulmonary System infections .    For which you get a ( PT) remodeled vaccination every year . AND Psychology kicks in to give you the confidence to have faith in these uncertain concoctions , that make Drug Companies so profitable.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 12:55pm
I’d love to see the annual reports from these big pharmaceutical companies in regards to how much profit they are declaring directly from vaccines
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 1:05pm
Moderna very happy with results so far. Wink
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 1:07pm
It would be HUGE ..   Shrunk ...    and I'm appalled the protected outlets like Chemists are allowed to gouge the Public , like they do.

The mark up on ordinary merchandise is in the 100's of percent.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 1:07pm

Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Aus not going to make AZ anymore

We going to make anything? I want more AZ in a few months.
As far as I know their making capsules for booster type needs .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Oct 2021 at 1:20pm

AstraZeneca's coronavirus vaccine will continue being produced in Australia into next year with leftover doses being shipped to neighbouring countries.

Health Minister Greg Hunt on Thursday rejected reports CSL would stop producing the vaccine in Melbourne this year, as coronavirus cases reached a new national daily record.

https://www.canberratimes.com.au/story/7468848/australia-to-keep-making-astrazeneca-doses/

Astrazeneca vaccine was non-profit until July. Don't know if still non-profit.

Errol Morris
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 9:02am
Jeroen Weimar, the Covid Commander in Victoria, must have made the worst faux pas of the year yesterday when he was commenting on the availability of covid vaccines in Victoria. He said " we have unlimited supplies of AZ, Moderna & Pfizer for everyone, take your pick of your poison " .

"Take your pick of your poison" is a term of phrase , but coming from the Covid Commander it was a poor phrase to use, especially as anti-vaxxers will hone in on it.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 9:07am
The game is up Bobby and they aren't even trying to hide it now. NSW Health Kerry Chant let it out of the bag at a Gladys presser.

“We will be looking at what contact tracing looks like in the new world order,” she said.

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 9:20am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

Jeroen Weimar, the Covid Commander in Victoria, must have made the worst faux pas of the year yesterday when he was commenting on the availability of covid vaccines in Victoria. He said " we have unlimited supplies of AZ, Moderna & Pfizer for everyone, take your pick of your poison " .

"Take your pick of your poison" is a term of phrase , but coming from the Covid Commander it was a poor phrase to use, especially as anti-vaxxers will hone in on it.

Of course he’s correct. I doubt it was a faux pas
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Oct 2021 at 9:37am
The Daily Murdoch has investigated how the Gladys strain linked to more than 64,500 cases and 454 deaths in NSW pierced our borders. Dur, it was because you hired a taxi company with untrained taxi drivers to do critical health work, idiots.

"It can be revealed that in the days before 63-year-old Michael Podgoetsky tested positive to Covid, NSW Health asked police to help ensure drivers for Legion Limousines were complying with testing requirements.

It can also be revealed that while a police investigation cleared Mr Podgoetsky of wrongdoing, SafeWork NSW is now investigating whether the cab company and its drivers met their obligations under the Work Health and Safety Act.

The Telegraph has learned NSW Health had concerns about Legion drivers failing to follow infection control rules as early as May.

But NSW Health and NSW Police are at odds over which agency was ultimately responsible for ensuring compliance."

https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/coronavirus/special-investigation-every-step-of-how-deadly-delta-spread-in-nsw/news-story/018c2c867085b1569269a8465a5a330a

Errol Morris
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 634635636637638 650>
  Share Topic