Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 499500501502503 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Aug 2021 at 11:18pm
 I am going to get it...the Pfizer...in October...

Not for bigger boobs, either, but because I believe in vaccination..

keep up, Sunshine...

Thumbs Up
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 8:34am
The Lambda Strain has arrived

LOL

Worse than Delta.

Lambda Strain, you only have to think about it, to get it.
Fleeting Thought Contact

Get vaccinated.  All of you.  Ten times. Plus another 50 times for Lambda Strain.
Safe and Effective.

Thumbs Up
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 9:29am
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Originally posted by GAJ GAJ wrote:

Do you think you now have natural immunity form the virus, that would be good, but perhaps you could still carry it ??

one could hope...but it's all guesswork...

even PT, fully vaccinated, is a potential carrier.

I did pose the question whether having the virus or the vax was the better...

Confused 

According to the leaked CDC report to be released this week, if you are a senior and get COVID with comorbidities you are a 1 in 60-500(depending on those variables) chance of dying. If you are fully vaccinated you are 1 in 1 million chance of dying.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 9:34am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 9:45am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 9:50am
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 11:31am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Originally posted by GAJ GAJ wrote:

Do you think you now have natural immunity form the virus, that would be good, but perhaps you could still carry it ??

one could hope...but it's all guesswork...

even PT, fully vaccinated, is a potential carrier.

I did pose the question whether having the virus or the vax was the better...

Confused 

According to the leaked CDC report to be released this week, if you are a senior and get COVID with comorbidities you are a 1 in 60-500(depending on those variables) chance of dying. If you are fully vaccinated you are 1 in 1 million chance of dying.

that isn't what I mean. I was posing the question: If you get covid and survive it, are you then more immune from getting it again than a vaccinated person?

Confused 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 11:34am
That is obviously unknown. Not enough time has passed to evaluate beyond a few months.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

The Lambda Strain has arrived

LOL

Worse than Delta.

Lambda Strain, you only have to think about it, to get it.
Fleeting Thought Contact

Get vaccinated.  All of you.  Ten times. Plus another 50 times for Lambda Strain.
Safe and Effective.

Thumbs Up

Jackie Lambda?
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 11:44am
As I posted a couple of weeks ago, the CDC sought approval for a follow up/booster shot and the CDC said they didn't have enough information to evaluate the need. In the meantime our govt has ordered about 35million of them. Not clear whether they know more than the CDC and UK authorites or they dont want to get caught with their pants down again and just decided to get in before approval here.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 11:45am
*Pfizer sought approval from the CDC
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 11:54am

That is obviously unknown. Not enough time has passed to evaluate beyond a few months.

Wink
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 12:03pm
When you get out and about in Coogee, jujuno, what percentage of the people you see are wearing masks?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:03pm
 Just rang my older sister. She was advised by our doctor that she was safe to have the Astra, because she didn't have any co-morbidities or never had clotting problems in the past. She had the vax last Friday morning. Today she is very sick. She said she developed neck and shoulder pain within hours of the jab, then her whole body went into the shakes, sweats and she couldn't sleep. Three days later, she says she feels like she has a bad case of the flu. 

She is a meals-on-wheels volunteer, so they dropped in food for her, but she says she is now re-considering having the second shot.

Every person is different. Everyone reacts differently. 

Geek

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:11pm
Shane Warne has Covid-19.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:12pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

When you get out and about in Coogee, jujuno, what percentage of the people you see are wearing masks?

on the beachfront, where a lot of people are jogging, or walking fast, or pushing those huge prams, about 50%.

at the shop-front area, where it's impossible to distance properly, close to 100%.

I have only been there once in the last month, but my daughter goes down about every five days. 

We access the beach cam and she usually goes down when it is not so congested, but she said, on Saturday, it was really chockers. 

Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:13pm
To those who are hesitant, hide yourselves away for say 12 months
and with the benefit of hindsight, and further testing
and if you are alive
pop your head up and get the vaccine.
We are all guinea pigs in this.

As a trainer friend would say to me 
"vets bury their mistakes'
S'pose the same can be said for doctors
but unfortunately how does society get ahead, or learn.

Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:15pm
I think your daughter is taking a great risk and putting you at harm by her actions jujuno.
Especially considering your problems.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:26pm
Any truth that YouTube has suspended Sky News for reporting medical misinformation ? ....and JJ I think that's your sisters immune system " kicking in " in relation to the needle , of course I could be way of the mark but get your jab x 2 .Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:38pm
That is what is being reported carioca. They haven't uploaded anything for 3 days.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:40pm
According to the Guardian, banned for 7 days for telling lies.

Half of the forum wont know what to think for 7 days.Shocked

https://www.theguardian.com/media/2021/aug/01/sky-news-australia-banned-from-youtube-for-seven-days-over-covid-misinformation
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:40pm
 there are hardly any cases in our area. We keep up with the contact data and avoid places that have recently had a positive case visit. We get our main grocery order delivered.

My daughter is a religious mask wearer and hand washer. She only goes out for fresh produce and the occasional walk. We use deliveroo and Uber-eats to keep our food intake interesting.  

We do the absolute minimal activity one can do. As safe as possible, under the circumstances.

I am a fatalist. If I get it, then that's my lot. When Pfizer is available for all ages, we will both get it. She has had a reaction to every vaccination she has ever had and nearly died from one, so even the Pfizer could be a problem for her. But we will chance it when it comes in use for our age groups. Neither of us need bigger boobs, so it's not the reason we're holding out. It's purely for health safety. 

Sunshine...I am a very smart woman. I have calculated the risks and figure I'm fairly safe where I live. It is an inconvenience being in so much, but it's not intolerable.

I feel for those in Western Sydney. I have several relatives in total lockdown...and doing home schooling...which is more frightening than getting the virus, in my eyes. If I'd had to home school my own two, I would have shot myself and not had to worry about viruses.

Thanks for the concern...Hug
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:42pm
"My daughter is a religious mask wearer"

Muslim?

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:44pm
Originally posted by Carioca Carioca wrote:

Any truth that YouTube has suspended Sky News for reporting medical misinformation ? ....and JJ I think that's your sisters immune system " kicking in " in relation to the needle , of course I could be way of the mark but get your jab x 2 .Wink

She is having a very severe 'kicking in'. So ill she can't even cook for herself. My daughter has offered to drop in some provisions.

She had the same problems with a lot of the normal flu jabs. While we all just got tender arms, she would get a dose of the flu, itself. 

As I said, everyone is different.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 1:47pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

"My daughter is a religious mask wearer"

Muslim?

no. We are both confirmed atheists...and need to cover our faces so God doesn't detect who we are.

LOL
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 2:38pm
Florida has reported 21,683 new cases of COVID-19, the state's highest one-day total since the start of the pandemic.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 2:44pm
And today  he signed an executive order blocking mask mandates.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 2:44pm
Desantis. Florida Governor
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 3:00pm
 You can't cure stupid...

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Aug 2021 at 3:05pm

Desantis. Florida Governor

Time for some national leadership over there
Remember your demands that Trump over rule the states.

Nah, I bet you don’t LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 499500501502503 838>