Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 764765766767768 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 3:37pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

I'm visiting on Thursday so lets hope I'm not the first to get it!  I'm not fear mongering. I saying be sensible and follow medical advice.  

I didn't mean you. You sound sensible and have been through a lot, so no wonder you're anxious.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 3:38pm
Only running a temp at the moment and Sister and daughter have gone to live over at Mum's granny flat and look after her.  So son has to look after himself I guess.  Not sure what brother in law is doing!  Avoiding everyone.

It's not what they needed though.  Mum isn't well and obviously needs alot of care.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 3:41pm
Good to hear she has family to help.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 4:07pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

It is if you are a family member of those people.

--------- Emotions aren't good for sensible analysis of the cycles of life PT.

Approx 3500 people a week die in Australia , We all mourn our loved ones , Shocking times but inevitable.
The aged care areas are about to explode ( Qld ) for sure next week probably . ...   Lots going on in preperation .
Shortages of goods , staff = You name it ---- BUT at this stage the numbers we are losing are the vulnerable in modest numbers.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 4:16pm
I am pro life maxie, especially mine and my families and dont wish to be a victim to some conspiracy theorist anti-vaxxers bizzare claim of having a right to not be part of the community and that I am acceptable collateral damage. If they dont want to be vaccinated p1ss off and isolate somewhere  not near me.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 4:28pm
 we are heading to the Central Coast, next Thursday (27th). I checked the numbers there, first, and found they had a lesser rate of infection than our own locality. So, hopefully, we will get a break from being inside so much in this rainy summer weather. Our booked apartment is so big we can do our daily walk without needing to go outside...

Wink

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 4:32pm

Look Mum has returned home.  Ok that is great.  Nephew has just returned a positive to Covid.  He lives there - not so great!

very scary. I am eternally grateful that my mother didn't have to deal with the worry of when it might hit her. I know that sounds strange, since she died just before this all began, but she was a great worrier and was claustrophobic, so she wouldn't have coped. 

Cry
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 4:37pm
There lay the problems .

Is it wise to have a vulnerable elderly Family member , Housed with a positive Covid member .

That would be a NO NO may I suggest.   Under the same roof , is a risky way to go.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 4:59pm
Not under the same roof. Five acres and has her own home there.  And they didn't know until she came home today!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 5:02pm
And unless you have access to Rats and I don't who can tell if anyone has it.  Luckily nephew had one or the mix would of been bad.  He'd been away in the country helping a mate over the weekend.  Then started a fever last night and tested himself and everyone skiddaddled.  

It doesn't sound good hearing from this end but I'm not the one caring for Mum.  I just have to hope all is well.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 6:39pm
In case this helps anyone, once it's set up Smile

Copy/paste
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2022-01-18/pharmacy-guild-sets-up-rapid-antigen-test-finder-website/100763270

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jan 2022 at 9:04pm
I do hope all works out . Furious.    It is a worry.

I've always been suspicious where air condition set ups are shared.

Enclosed , shared areas are to be avoided.    

Certainly on the move and I've mentioned the aged care areas of Qld have it on the move...     Some severe staff cuts and non , front line staff are on "stay away" instruction.
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 9:04am
Got something about Code brown ????  who can be bothered really  we all know what that means ( don't we )

l thought it was traffic lights .... not that l took much notice of that ....

Wait !!! my brother in Law had diarr  .....   OKAAAY now l'm with it ...all good  Victorias ARE the Best we manage things so well down here Smile

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 9:47am
  quite frankly...if I had a relative who died from covid, after the 'let it rip' direction, I would be mounting a legal case against the DoPe...

Why should an innocent person be sacrificed because someone cares more about preserving their local coffee shop...?

Evil Smile

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 9:55am
Got some rat tests today, but now dont need them for Tassie.  Confused
animals before people.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 10:20am
Make sure you get 2 to 3 boosters.
You can never be too sure
Better safe than sorry

Thumbs Up
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
mike oxbigg View Drop Down
Foal
Foal

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote mike oxbigg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 10:31am
Rain forecast for the CC for the next week at least?
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:25am
 don't tell me that. I'm heading up there to get away from the rain here...

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:32am
6 mth old little granddaughter just came home from a few weeks in Adelaide. Tested positive this morning after being unusually grisly. Mum & Dad still negative at this stage. 
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:36am
It is literally everywhere in Sydney. i'm starting to feel like the odd man out LOL 

And no smart comments from you lot either !
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 11:56am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

6 mth old little granddaughter just came home from a few weeks in Adelaide. Tested positive this morning after being unusually grisly. Mum & Dad still negative at this stage. 

Hope she gets through it safely. Hug  A worry. 

So many of my younger daughter's acquaintances have caught it. We received two more messages of a positive case being where we last shopped, two days ago.  

Hopefully, enough have caught it to start the downward arc.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:33pm
Guessing at new members' true ID is disrespectful so please PM horlicks if you have any concerns.
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 12:38pm
 I couldn't care less, Gay.

If The Beast returned, it would liven up the place.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:07pm
Hope all goes well oneone but at least they picked it up and can watch her.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:14pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

I couldn't care less, Gay.

If The Beast returned, it would liven up the place.

We should start a thread
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:14pm

Hope all goes well oneone but at least they picked it up and can watch her.
Cheers Furious
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:53pm
Yes oneone . Let me join the good wishes . ...   Little ones are usually OK . ............     >     It is certainly a pain.

Maybe these vaccines are causing it .     The more jabs the faster covid spreads .

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 1:56pm
Or maybe travelling and meeting people who unfortunately had covid but didn't know it spread it.  
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 2:07pm
All equal merit in the reasons .       . But it is odd that more vaccine jabs , the faster the infected numbers rise.

The Maths says the vaccines aren't reducing anything .
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jan 2022 at 2:30pm
Just imagine if we'd opened up before the vaccines.  I know you don't think if but daughter says the nurses are at breaking point.  Thank heavens we didn't let it run back then.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 764765766767768 838>