Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 390391392393394 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2021 at 11:48pm
 I am elderly, with several known conditions...heading for two operations...and have had a previous blood clot issue. 

that's why I'm not lining up.

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 8:43am
Yes a few friends of mine are in the same boat and waiting for the other one.  
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 2:02pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

5 new blood clot cases

My best friend on average, has 6 patients coming in per evening, with serious clotting.
And she is ONE DOCTOR, in ONE HOSPITAL.

Whilst she is the top doctor, in this hospital, other shifts covered by other doctors, have the same figures rolling in. They get around 6 on average too.
And we are talking about just one hospital.

The media under report it, shockingly, but pretend to care, bY reporting "something".
Its to make the public feel like media are being caring and transparent

BULLSH#T

By the way, the vaccine injury stat is MILES above dying from Covid, because what statistic they leave out, is there is a third option, you have to catch Covid first.

So in a population of nearing 8 billion,  divi that up by the amount of people that have died of Covid, and compare it to Vaccine Injury, the REAL stats are far far different

Vaccine Injury risk is far greater than dying of Covid, as they leave out the stat, the 3rd factor, that you have to catch Covid first.

Morons wont understand this of course.

But hey,,,,

I still believe

VACCINES ARE SAFE AND EFFECTIVE
Wink

ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 2:05pm
And I still believe

6.47m doses given and 23.7% fully vaccinated
Wink
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 4:02pm
 Oneone thinks I have connections everywhere....

How many 'top' people does Red know? Quite a few, going by her numerous, sometimes unintelligible posts...

she knows a 'top' scientist, a 'top' doctor, a 'top' informer, a 'top' Hungarian leader and is very proficient at 'spinning a top'...

Confused
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 4:19pm
How good is Scomo!

He strands 8800 Australians in India for 2 weeks.

National uproar, so announces he’s fixed it.
In 2 weeks he’s organising a plane with a capacity of 200.
Job done,Scomo style.......
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 4:23pm
 classic...LOL
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 7:17pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

I am elderly, with several known conditions...heading for two operations...and have had a previous blood clot issue. 

What age is elderly ?

A ten year old thinks someone who is thirty is old, a thirty year old thinks someone who is sixty five is old, a sixty five year old thinks someone who is eighty five is old and that eighty five year old knows they are old.

It is all a matter of perception, if you are fit and healthy at any age you consider yourself young, but once you have a few ailments you start to see yourself as getting older.

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 9:35pm
That's true Bob .Past 85 you are made well aware the "Doll has done dancing"

Coles help to keep the elderly out of Aged care . Wonderful work and caring staff.   They don't have waiting lists like Governments . ( waiting, means for you to die ) .
   All things considered , I must say 99.9 % of people are very helpful , considerate and understanding to the elderly. Most of Our Young I say , can feel proud.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 May 2021 at 10:42pm
Have to say I agree with Macca.   I have been going good but cracked a knee a few weeks ago, and already I can feel myself aging.  I look at myself as old now, where as before I didnt.
But most people are pretty good at being helpful I have found.
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 12:15am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

What age is elderly ?

A ten year old thinks someone who is thirty is old, a thirty year old thinks someone who is sixty five is old, a sixty five year old thinks someone who is eighty five is old and that eighty five year old knows they are old.

It is all a matter of perception, if you are fit and healthy at any age you consider yourself young, but once you have a few ailments you start to see yourself as getting older.

I'm not old in my mind, but I'm pension age and the body has been battered by sporting injuries from my younger years.   My kids are twenty-nine and twenty-six. I have to stay young to keep up with them. Ouch

rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 12:28am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

That's true Bob .Past 85 you are made well aware the "Doll has done dancing"

Coles help to keep the elderly out of Aged care . Wonderful work and caring staff.   They don't have waiting lists like Governments . ( waiting, means for you to die ) .
   All things considered , I must say 99.9 % of people are very helpful , considerate and understanding to the elderly. Most of Our Young I say , can feel proud.
Good on you.
Keep at it !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 10:26am

Oneone thinks I have connections everywhere....

How many 'top' people does Red know? Quite a few, going by her numerous, sometimes unintelligible posts...

she knows a 'top' scientist, a 'top' doctor, a 'top' informer, a 'top' Hungarian leader and is very proficient at 'spinning a top'...

Confused
Exactly JJ. 

PT, Rusty, Afros, Second Chance, Whale/ Brokecell/Fee/Longie/Stealth Bomber et al - & that's just for starters LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2021 at 6:51pm
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 May 2021 at 11:47pm
History will record that the Tories did not adopt best quarantine practice because of some dodgy backroom deals with the hotels lobby.Wink
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:41am
Not hard to think Gladys et al are doing the best they can to use Covid as am opportunity to stay relevant. I mean its easy to understand why - as it has already been the only thing has stopped her from being kicked out into political oblivion over her blatant corruption with her "drop in as he pleases" boyfriend. How else can you explain the latest Sydney Covid measures. For 3 days we all had to wear masks - then only retailing staff. Can someone explain to me how that makes any sense ? You can wander around a Shopping Centre all day walking past thousands of people - queue up for food / coffee / use public toilets - but at least you wont be able to get it from Retail staff. Now let me tell what i think the real reason Gladys backed off the masks - she had feedback half the population were not wearing them. Fact is most folk are so over Covid - so whenever they see her they turn the channel button immediately. Many had no idea they even had to wear masks - & i saw no one enforcing it in 2 shopping centres we went to . So my own answer to the above is simple - Retailers staff can be made to wear the bloody things vs average Joes a task too big. OuchOuch
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:48am
Probably the COVID 15 minute rule being applied.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:48am
Further - the Contact Tracing process has also lost its way amongst retailers / joe public. Most places would be performing well under 50% i reckon. The only exception is government run joints that can afford to staff up to achieve or Licensed Clubs who are now using the QR Code process to supersede normal sign-in processes.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 May 2021 at 10:49am
or a relaxed version.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 1:52pm
No money in the federal budget for a federal stand alone quarantine system.

Like a miracle CIVID will just disappear it seems.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 May 2021 at 4:18pm
Frydenberg this morning said that the states had responsibility as agreed by National Cabinet
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:10am
States health departments have responsibility to administer under the emergency heath legislation, but in the constitution quarantine is a federal responsibility. The federal govt is refusing to build stand alone quarantine stations, like the ones they already own on federal land. The Victorian govt wants an existing animal quarantine station on federal land expanded to deal with current and future pandemics.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:13am
Moderna has applied for permission to sell 25 million doses to Australia, 10 million this year the rest next year. 

Novavax is also expected to have 25 million, subject to approval by October. Their vaccine is unique in it has the seasonal flu shot built into it, so only 2 shots 3 weeks apart instead of 3. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 6:52pm
My friend is currently averaging 8 new vaccine injury patients per shift.
One of her top colleagues, and I quote, said this to her, "I would rather be treating patients with Covid, than patients with vaccine injuries".
That is how tragic things are behind closed doors and curtains.

Media are grossly under-reporting what is going on.

As for Pfizer, wait just 8 more months to 2 more years.
We are going to witness off the chart injuries.

But in saying all of this, I strongly believe

VACCINES ARE SAFE AND EFFECTIVE
Thumbs Up
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 7:01pm
I see the government mouthpiece has said it’s ok to mix and match all the vaccines. Mumbled under his breath something about no trials having been done to back up his assertion

Roll up roll up! Try your luck folks, everyone wins a prize LOL

A stuffed guinea pig I hearLOL
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 7:17pm
Ohhhh, gimmie an AZ and one of those ones we bought that they haven't made yet
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 10:31am
The reality is that there is a lot of testing taking place on mixing of vaccines and so far no side effects and loss of efficacy.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

I see the government mouthpiece has said it’s ok to mix and match all the vaccines. Mumbled under his breath something about no trials having been done to back up his assertion

Roll up roll up! Try your luck folks, everyone wins a prize LOL

A stuffed guinea pig I hearLOL

it's getting beyond a joke.

I do think a lot of nay-sayers minds might change if the situation here was as bad as overseas.

You'd be desperate to have the jab, rather than have endless lockdowns. You'd take the chance.

We sit in a privileged position...but it could change very rapidly because our pollies care more about their egos than what they should be doing...

Angry
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 2:37pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Not hard to think Gladys et al are doing the best they can to use Covid as am opportunity to stay relevant. I mean its easy to understand why - as it has already been the only thing has stopped her from being kicked out into political oblivion over her blatant corruption with her "drop in as he pleases" boyfriend. How else can you explain the latest Sydney Covid measures. For 3 days we all had to wear masks - then only retailing staff. Can someone explain to me how that makes any sense ? You can wander around a Shopping Centre all day walking past thousands of people - queue up for food / coffee / use public toilets - but at least you wont be able to get it from Retail staff. Now let me tell what i think the real reason Gladys backed off the masks - she had feedback half the population were not wearing them. Fact is most folk are so over Covid - so whenever they see her they turn the channel button immediately. Many had no idea they even had to wear masks - & i saw no one enforcing it in 2 shopping centres we went to . So my own answer to the above is simple - Retailers staff can be made to wear the bloody things vs average Joes a task too big. OuchOuch

nearly as logical as allowing people to visit Manly residents, but not allowing Manly residents to leave the area.

I wonder who is the real 'brains' behind these rules?

Everyone was wearing them on buses, yesterday...everyone but my daughter and I. We were so busy chatting, we forgot. No-one was there to fine us, though...

Embarrassed

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 10:53am
The money trail from the wuhan lab leads straight to Dr Fauci
EAD
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 390391392393394 838>