Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 381382383384385 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Not so Red. We recently had the second season of Seachange filmed here in Brunswick Heads. A lot of locals seeing themselves in the series was very exciting to most. I even got a brief appearance just sitting in my local coffee shop. Also the Nicole Kidman movie was shot in town here with locals getting paid extra spots. Also I'm a Celebrity was filmed here recently. We are fairly close to Movieworld studios here so it is a good site. 

A small number of activists dont represent all of us. Looking at that picture of the dozen of them, they are the same mob who chain themselves to 5G towers and are protesting vaccinations here. They are not us.

That is not true.
The original hippies have moved further inland.
The snobs have taken over Byron.
The great TRUE local Bryoners, DO protest. They now reside further west and turn up to town to remind the new snobby f#ckwits, what a hippie really is.
The current Byron mob are a bunch of fraudulent hippies.

OMG...I agree with her. Embarrassed Byron has turned into snob central...no way will I ever go back there for a holiday.  Or the Goldie, for that matter. Booooring beyond belief...

Thumbs Down

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 8:09pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

How is there always 34,000 Australians overseas that want to come home? I feel like it's always 34/40,000 no matter how many come back.

The weekly cap on arrivals is very low, that’s essentially why. Plus airlines cancelling those who are not willing to fork out for business class or at a minimum fully flexible economy fares and you can understand why so many are unable to make it back. 
And the fact that citizens are not being given priority.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:36pm
So who is being given priority ???  Confused
animals before people.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:40pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Those willing to pay the higher fare buckets. And given airlines are flying planes with less than 30 people on board in many cases, it’s not hard to understand why they take that approach. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:54pm
Over a dozen of my sons mates have been trying to get home since before Christmas.

I see Tom Marquand had no problem getting here to ride Addeybb, or the it’s two handlers....
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 10:01pm
UnitedvNations human rights commission have stepped in asking the Australian Government to facilitate and ensure the prompt return of two of it’s citizens.....

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 10:53pm
Another victim of Coronavirus.....

George Christensen has realised he can no longer spend over 70 days a year in seedy Filipino Hotels and stay on the public teat to the value of $300k pa.....
Announced he will retire
?? 
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 5:18am
I wonder which big business will draw the short straw of having big Georgie on the books post political career?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 7:38am
Hopefully he already has his bags packed and is on a plane for Manilla soon.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 7:42am
How many halfwits are there in that electorate?Confused
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 7:44am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

My niece who has been working in Saudi Arabia got a priority pass to return for her father's funeral last week. Was home but in quarantine in 5 days. A lot better now than some of the horror stories about people missing funerals, dying family members etc through bureaucracy.  
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 9:06am
As with most things, it takes time to stream line the system.
All I speak to dont want plane loads arriving here from India at present.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 9:56am
Morrison govt are restricting arrivals from India by one third.

With 1.8 million new cases recorded there in the last 7 days, and with that number likely closer to 10 million due to limited testing there, I dont know why there isn't a full pause.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 12:03pm
All overseas arrivals to Australia in March 2021 (provisional estimates):

32,900 estimated arrivals
27.4% increase compared to the previous month and a 96.4% decrease compared to the corresponding month of the previous year

14,300 Australian citizens arrivals (43%), 6,700 permanent residents (20%), 5,100 New Zealand citizens (15%) and 6,900 temporary visa holders (21%). 
Time is a flat circle
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 12:29pm

Victorian man tests positive to Covid after Perth to Melbourne flight

Victoria’s streak of no locally acquired COVID-19 cases has come to an end with a man testing positive after flying into the state from Perth.

Victoria’s streak of no locally acquired COVID-19 cases has come to an end, with one new local case confirmed.

Victorian Health Minister Martin Foley confirmed on Friday the man contracted the virus in a Perth quarantine hotel before travelling to Melbourne on Wednesday unaware he was infected.

He was notified by authorities immediately after landing in Melbourne on Qantas flight QF778 that he was a close contact of a positive case in an adjacent room at the Mercure Hotel, where there was an outbreak.

The man was subsequently tested and his positive result came back at 2am on Friday, breaking Victoria’s 55-day streak without any local cases.

Health authorities are now working on contacting everyone on the flight.

All passengers are being told to get tested and quarantine.

“Obviously, there are going to be a number of primary close contacts on that flight and that flight was Qantas QF778,” Mr Foley said.

“All of those people are being contacted by our contact tracing team and will need to isolate for the full 14 days.”

The man, who was asymptomatic, began isolating immediately after being notified he was a close contact.

His household contacts - his partner and two children - are all currently in isolation after being tested and will receive their results in the next day.

“He was picked up at the airport by his spouse and returned directly home to his residential location in the eastern suburbs where he lives with three household contacts – his spouse and two children,” Mr Foley said.

“He went straight to the airport and was contacted as he was coming off the plane as a primary close contact.

The outbreak at the Mercure Hotel in Perth happened after a couple arrived from India on April 10 and the man tested positive on April 13, followed by his wife two days later.

A pregnant mother and her four-year-old daughter, who arrived on April 3 from the United Kingdom along with the girl’s father who previously had the virus, were quarantining in an opposite room when they were diagnosed with the virus on April 16.

Authorities are investigating how it happened, but WA Premier Mark McGowan has conceded the Mercure is “not one of the best” hotels for quarantining and would no longer be used.

The potential exposure period for the floor was from April 10.

There were 18 other guests on the same floor who had left after returning a negative result, with two of them who were adjacent to the ill people ordered to quarantine for a further two weeks.

The other 16 people were directed to immediately self-quarantine and be retested.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 4:28pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Morrison govt are restricting arrivals from India by one third.

With 1.8 million new cases recorded there in the last 7 days, and with that number likely closer to 10 million due to limited testing there, I dont know why there isn't a full pause.

common sense would dictate all flights from India be cancelled...not just 30%.

One gets the feeling they just don't care that they are jeopardising the health of the population here...let alone possibly breaking down the economic recovery if it starts up badly again.

eventually it will happen...and it will be caused by the stupidity of this government. 

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 4:36pm
Andrews govt wants an increase in Indian repats - mind boggling Wacko
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 4:55pm
I just dont get it.  Letting all these people flock in here from heavily infected countries, when we have just about got it beat.  Meanwhile we are all waiting waiting for our shots.
Stop bringing them here until we are all shot up and, one would hope, safe.  
animals before people.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 5:01pm
I question that Gay, unless you're referring to the very pre-Covid "India strategy - our shared future".  

Would appreciate the source and attribution of your comment.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 5:13pm
Also note the Victorian Chief Health Officer today recommended that people from India, be they tourists or immigrants or whatever, be subject to restricted entry.  

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2021 at 5:20pm
3 day lockdown for Perf and Peel
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 8:27am
Yep, no ANZAC Day in Perth. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 9:06am
three new blood clot cases...one in his 80's...so it's not just women under 50, now...

I'll wait till the Pfizer is freely available...

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 9:39am
 I wonder if they've investigated any correlation between women under 50 probably being on the pill, and the Astra vax. A double blood clot risk...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 11:18am
How about leaving most of those endless 34,000 over there until they can test negative before boarding a plane, and negative when they get off the plane,  except for special cases. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 11:50am
J&J have been approved to resume usage of their vaccine in America following a pause on some positive tests for clots.

The clotting is still not absolutely adjudged a direct result of the vaccine due to similar numbers of people contracting this rare type of clotting in people not vaccinated, but they paused distribution and are placing an advisory on J&J to educate doctors of the possible risk, so correct treatment can be administered. 

Normal blood clotting is treated with blood thinners, Heparin, Warfarin etc. For this rare type of clotting blood thinners have the opposite effect. People treated correctly are doing very well.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 11:59am
I'm off for my shot in 1/2 hour.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 12:11pm
Good luck furious. 
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 12:46pm
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

I'm off for my shot in 1/2 hour.

Hope it goes wellThumbs Up
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 3:07pm
I'm back so far so good!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 381382383384385 838>