Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 380381382383384 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 8:05pm
No doubt Kiwi's couldn't give a toss about such patronizing cr@p from our own disgracefully failing Health Minister Greg (by name and by nature) Hunt: 

Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 8:09pm
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 9:14pm
NSW Premier Gladys Berejiklian has derided the federal health minister's warning that mass vaccination won't lead to the borders opening as "the biggest load of rubbish I ever heard".
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 10:31pm
Vaccines are safe and effective
Thumbs Up
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:30am
Had mine yesterday Red. Feel great. Thumbs Up
Softy View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Softy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 10:15am
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 3:07pm
Thumbs Up
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 3:12pm
4.72m doses given in the Kingdom. 14% of pop fully vaccinated
Thumbs Up
Time is a flat circle
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 3:37pm
It sounds like the Hungarians are gagging for the jab TJM!
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 4:56pm
 India's vax programme is not curbing their death rate...home grown meds not as viable?

Unhappy
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 5:04pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Thumbs Up

I think Brooke is going to use these as a defence, rather than being what they are...sarcasm...

She'll say: "I told you vaccines are safe and effective..." when they finally curb the virus.

Mind you, that could be in ten years time...

Confused
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 8:53pm
Vaccines are VERY safe and effective

Dont take 2 shots. Take 5. Just to be sure

Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 8:59pm
Hungary bought so many they could probably inject the whole population 5 times and use a different one each time
Thumbs Up
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:04pm
What about Air Conditioning, that is reallly sh#t right?
That wouldnt be spreading the virus.
Thats bullsh#t air conditioning spreads the virus.

Thoughts?
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:11pm

Thumbs Up

Good advice Red, PT has pushed his way to the front of the queue at the Byron social security office 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:15pm
That reminds me. What's this garbage I hear about a show called 'Byron Baes' PT? WTF is that?
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:19pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:24pm
No queue jumping here. They contacted me. Got to wait 3 months for the second one like everyone else.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 2:09am
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Thumbs Up

Good advice Red, PT has pushed his way to the front of the queue at the Byron social security office 

Byron Bay has become the very thing they once opposed.
Snobbery and Elitism.
They are now just a bunch of unwelcoming snobs who are too brain dead to realise that the influx of people that want to move there, could actually be a chance to showcase to the world new ways to live with nature and how green tech architecture can truly be designed and inspire the world.

But nahhh, they just are effen snobs there now. Unimaginative snobs.

I would rather live in Yamba and play lawn bowls. Got a good pub in Yamba.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:44am
Not so Red. We recently had the second season of Seachange filmed here in Brunswick Heads. A lot of locals seeing themselves in the series was very exciting to most. I even got a brief appearance just sitting in my local coffee shop. Also the Nicole Kidman movie was shot in town here with locals getting paid extra spots. Also I'm a Celebrity was filmed here recently. We are fairly close to Movieworld studios here so it is a good site. 

A small number of activists dont represent all of us. Looking at that picture of the dozen of them, they are the same mob who chain themselves to 5G towers and are protesting vaccinations here. They are not us.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 12:56pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Not so Red. We recently had the second season of Seachange filmed here in Brunswick Heads. A lot of locals seeing themselves in the series was very exciting to most. I even got a brief appearance just sitting in my local coffee shop. Also the Nicole Kidman movie was shot in town here with locals getting paid extra spots. Also I'm a Celebrity was filmed here recently. We are fairly close to Movieworld studios here so it is a good site. 

A small number of activists dont represent all of us. Looking at that picture of the dozen of them, they are the same mob who chain themselves to 5G towers and are protesting vaccinations here. They are not us.

That is not true.
The original hippies have moved further inland.
The snobs have taken over Byron.
The great TRUE local Bryoners, DO protest. They now reside further west and turn up to town to remind the new snobby f#ckwits, what a hippie really is.
The current Byron mob are a bunch of fraudulent hippies.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 12:57pm

Deleted Bill Gates Documentary has been revived

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 1:03pm
Whats the basis of their complaint anyway ?
Movies coming to town bring good money, even to locals who get bit parts in crowd scenes. 
Jessica Mauboy came for one of her series and the town hummed.  As it did when they filmed One Day When The War began . ( Think thats the name ? Based on a series of children,s books ). Locals got $200 each time there was a crowd scene for them.
A friends hubby just got $300 a day, for 3 days, for his antique old truck to sit in front of a building, near Canberra , for a series. And when they filmed part of Phar Lap at Adaminaby my friend, who was a jockey in the big race scene, got a new pair of R M Williams boots ever day for a week.  Dunno why RMs , as he was doing jockey riding scenes, but he took them anyway.LOL
So what are they actually up in arms about ??Confused
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 1:11pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

India's vax programme is not curbing their death rate...home grown meds not as viable?

Unhappy

India has 1.3% of the population vaccinated. What do you expect? Confused
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 1:12pm
No Hungarian ''royalty'' among our hippies, I will wager.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 1:37pm
Haha 
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 6:25pm
How is there always 34,000 Australians overseas that want to come home? I feel like it's always 34/40,000 no matter how many come back.
Time is a flat circle
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 6:37pm
Yes, I have wondered that myself.  I reckon Qantas could put on a plane especially for them. A plane load at a time per day, straight into quarantine at their own expense and place of choice . In 6 months time there would still be 34,000 waiting , if we listen to the news. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 6:38pm
500,000 have returned since the pandemic started. I guess as it goes along unresolved more are deciding to come back to a COVID free place. They were letting a lot return but it has been cut a couple of times. Just a bottleneck that gets added to on an ongoing basis now. 

When Lindsay Fox builds his mega quarantine processing center the numbers should increase. 

WA announcing problems in their hotel system today wont help.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

How is there always 34,000 Australians overseas that want to come home? I feel like it's always 34/40,000 no matter how many come back.

The weekly cap on arrivals is very low, that’s essentially why. Plus airlines cancelling those who are not willing to fork out for business class or at a minimum fully flexible economy fares and you can understand why so many are unable to make it back. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 380381382383384 838>