Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Coronavirus

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 838>
Author
 Rating: Topic Rating: 1 Votes, Average 4.00  Topic Search Topic Search  Topic Options Topic Options
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2020 at 10:45pm
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

The "PT amd I have always defended muslims" one, I mean. Wowsers.

you are quite the sniper, but quite thick so you're not to good at it Wink
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 10:54am
Ahh c'mon Whale.  You dont have to be a mental giant to work your way thru this forum.   Even I can keep up with you,  and that doesnt require too much work.Tongue
animals before people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 11:04am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Ahh c'mon Whale.  You dont have to be a mental giant to work your way thru this forum.   Even I can keep up with you,  and that doesnt require too much work.Tongue

That is true AA, I just enjoy pointing out the way PT destroys every argument you put up , and there are plenty Smile

Admire your guts though, you keep coming back for more Thumbs Up
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 11:07am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

The "PT amd I have always defended muslims" one, I mean. Wowsers.

you are quite the sniper, but quite thick so you're not to good at it Wink

Thick? But he’s a lawyer though....... oh wait!
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 11:10am
Flew out of Kuala Lumpur on Sunday night. All airport staff in masks as a precaution as were many of the passengers.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 12:15pm
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 12:19pm

Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

That is true AA, I just enjoy pointing out the way PT destroys every argument you put up , and there are plenty Smile

Admire your guts though, you keep coming back for more Thumbs Up

But I dont spend all day and half the night on the computer, just searching for answers to life, like PT does. And then he has you come in to back him up.
Imagine what I might do if that was me.  Big smile  I prolly would not need  you as back up tho !Wink
animals before people.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 12:28pm

Health experts say human-to-human spread of new virus is worrying

A disturbing new report says China is cremating bodies in secret, suggesting the official coronavirus death toll is “way too low”.

AP and staff writers
news.com.auJanuary 30, 20209:42am

World health officials, back from a visit to Beijing, expressed great concern that a dangerous new virus was spreading between people outside of China, even as the number of illnesses continue to grow dramatically inside that Asian nation.

The new virus has now infected more people in China than were sickened during the 2002-2003 severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) outbreak. On Wednesday, the number of cases jumped to 5974, surpassing the 5327 people diagnosed with SARS.

The 1500 new cases means infections increased more than 30% in a day.

The trouble with a corrupt, secretive leadership is that you never get the true story Ouch

https://www.news.com.au/lifestyle/health/health-problems/health-experts-say-humantohuman-spread-of-new-virus-is-worrying/news-story/9c2a58ffe1060669fe65f8408ad5655e

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 12:30pm
and they are slowly but surely buying up the world.  
animals before people.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 12:51pm
Isn't it all just a big conspiracy story Whale? Wink
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 12:55pm
You been waiting for a long time, glad to help you Gay Thumbs Up

I still don't believe in the HAARP stuff Wink
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 2:28pm
We're free to believe whatever we like but it's a rarity for you & PT to disagree on a subject Confused
Isaac soloman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 3:14pm
There are those who cant bear the thought that China might be sneaky and underhanded, no that is the realm of the Americans.
And will defend China to the hilt, the same way they are disparaging of America, not unless you are a democrat.
Western Australian labor government are doing their darnedest to avoid upsetting China; dont mention the CHINA word
Looking at vision of the wet markets in Wuhan the shoppers are not exactly "down at heal"
There was koala on the menu....
Western society is sending money to save the koala
and the chinese will EAT them...
For that matter what has been China contribution to Australias bush fire crisis?
You know very well they will PROFIT from it.
Western society will never understand eastern societies and vise versa.

How is that for a sniper attack whale? Quality over quantity. Hope it got you up the derriere....

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 4:32pm

Censored If you bothered to read above here and in your languishing China thread you would see I had a go at China. I mean really, how dopey can you get, and Isaac was feeling so pleased with himself LOL

Edited by Gay3 - 30 Jan 2020 at 7:26pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 7:21pm
Censored how ironical.
Do you think you are entitled solely to have an opinion? and no one else without a PERSONAL ATTACK, hey mods.....
whale, No 1 for crassness.

Yes, was noted & attended to.

Edited by Gay3 - 30 Jan 2020 at 7:27pm
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 7:28pm
Welcome back Isaac. How come you didn't mention me in your post? Dont you love me any more? Cry
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Jan 2020 at 7:31pm
Originally posted by Isaac soloman Isaac soloman wrote:

Censored how ironical.
Do you think you are entitled solely to have an opinion? and no one else without a PERSONAL ATTACK, hey mods.....
whale, No 1 for crassness.

Yes, was noted & attended to.

you mean like this LOL

Hope it got you up the derriere....

Back to important stuff, the content of your post was complete cow dung as I had criticised China here and in your forgotten thread.
Apology accepted Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 1:39am
This virus thingy is turning out to be even more epic than you whale.
Will it bring the world to its knees?
Greta Tunbergs predictions may be coming true but not in the way it was supposed to be.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Isaac soloman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 1:42am
PT i imagine you trying to pop your head above the parapet wall to defend China.
Defending the indefensible...

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 2:29am
I'm going to be eating at an Italian restaurant this weekend - no Chinese Food, that's for sure! ... and no Uber eats ... they are almost all Asians!!!
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Dr E Dr E wrote:

I'm going to be eating at an Italian restaurant this weekend - no Chinese Food, that's for sure! ... and no Uber eats ... they are almost all Asians!!!

Not just food Doc. Maybe you should advise the guys to expend the circumference of the circle and use disinfectant wipes regularly.

How does the virus spread and how long does it stay on surfaces? : The virus can now spread from human-to-human, but only with close contact. It can remain on surfaces for a few hours.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 9:21am

Greta Tunbergs predictions may be coming true but not in the way it was supposed to be.

What a hysterical overreaction. Worldwide just over 8000 cases ,170 dead, that is 2%.

SARS death rate was about 10%

Corona is spreading faster than SARS but much less deadly, it will run its course as all these viruses do.
Ebola didn't wipe out half the worlds population either
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 9:34am

What a hysterical overreaction. Worldwide just over 8000 cases ,170 dead, that is 2%.

SARS death rate was about 10%

Corona is spreading faster than SARS but much less deadly, it will run its course as all these viruses do.
Ebola didn't wipe out half the worlds population either

Correct Whale.
Its now just hype.

Do I believe Wuhan created this in a bio lab? Yes.
Do I believe Wuhan sent out hundreds of flights globally, knowing people were infected? Yes.
Do I believe China tried to send the world a biological weapon with Coronavirus? Yes.

But one problem,,,,, it failed.

Its all now just hype.

Note the changes in wording the media use. "Cases".  Hundreds of "cases". Globally.
Not "fatalities"

Classic example, Asian guy got on a Tigerair plane from Melb to Golf Coast, with the virus, could have infected the entire plane.

1: That guy didnt die.
2: Nor did anyone else.

Point being, the strain of virus is already weak.
Within just 2 weeks, humanity beat the virus and turned it into a very weak strain, NATURALLY.

Only morons who get a vaccination for it, may turn it into a super strain.
Humanity beats things off naturally.
The weather, cold, hot, immunity, etc, we beat things off naturally.

The likes of Bill Gates are lurking, reading to Vaccinate the world, by using WHO hysteria.

But most of all, as of now, pay attention to how media use the word "cases" not "fatalities".
People are surviving it, as its already a weak strain, globally.

Humanity beat it naturally,  end of story.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 9:42am
Absolutely astonishing a 180 degree turnaround. Well not really it is Redemption LOL

First this 

The video shows the truth, that Wuhan, normally has many hospital beds available, thousands, and yet people are dying, or waiting in corridors.

Thousands are infected.

Wuhan has been shutdown.

The virus is far far worse than we have been told.

We are being super lazy about it here.

The speed its spreading, is absolutely extraordinary.
You dont even have to be showing symptoms to be spreading it.

Now it is all hype, make up your mind Confused
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 10:10am
There is a conspiracy in this Whale, BROOKE is just trying to figure out which one.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 11:40am
You want a conspiracy theory? This is the 6th episode on this on Bannon's impeachment podcast.

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 12:39pm
What a ripper, assuming it hasn't been tampered with LOL LOL LOL

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 12:44pm

Absolutely astonishing a 180 degree turnaround. Well not really it is Redemption LOL

Now it is all hype, make up your mind Confused

You've never ever changed your mind Whale, as facts have evolved? Confused
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 12:55pm
Yes I have Gay.
What I have never done is subscribe to a crazy conspiracy theory, with very little data available, because I like a You Tube video.
And then a few days later subscribed to another crazy conspiracy theory which says the opposite of the first one Clown
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Jan 2020 at 2:19pm
Got this from my member of parliament today. I imagine it is a fairly standard given out by all members of the government

Dear Baghdad Bob,

The Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV) has caused alarm among some residents in my electorate of Higgins and I would like to take this opportunity to ensure the most up to date information is available to you.  

A coronavirus is a type of virus that most commonly infects animals and sometimes also infects humans. Some viruses transmit easily from person to person, while others do not. There are many different strains of coronavirus.

Currently, Australia has not seen a significant number of confirmed cases compared to other parts of the world.

Australia has well established processes in place for screening ill travellers arriving at our international air and seaports but has implemented additional measures.

Hospitals and general practices have also been provided with information regarding a possible outbreak.

In the last week, I have visited the Alfred Hospital, the closet public hospital to Higgins; and Cabrini Health, the only  emergency department in Higgins. I received an update on their preparedness for a coronavirus outbreak and I am very impressed by their readiness to help Victorians. 

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade have raised the level of travel advice for China to 'level 3 - reconsider your need to travel'.

The Department of Foreign Affairs and Trade, have also updated health traveller advice on Smartraveller to level 4 –  do not travel to all of Hubei Province.

The Department of Health is closely monitoring this situation in collaboration with the World Health Organization and the States and Territories to ensure the health care system is well prepared to respond to cases detected in Australia to minimise the risk of further disease transmission.

The Australian Government has provided some useful resources which may be helpful to you or your family and I encourage you to familiarise yourself with the symptoms of coronavirus. 

As always if there is something you think my office or I can help with please get in touch. 

Katie Allen MP 
Federal member for Higgins

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 838>