Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Community - Public Forums > Village Administration - Support and Feedback
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Changes in the Moderator team

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 12:23pm
Don't know what your talking about

Have a nice day
EAD
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:00pm
I have been practising to be mod, firm but fair. How am I doing so far Smile
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 6:59pm
I think you would make a magnificent mod Whale. Thumbs Up
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:02pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Don't know what your talking about

Have a nice day

Yeah you do. You’re lashing out, you sad little man. Whale doesn’t seem to care, so you’ve failed at that too.
Xavier View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Xavier Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:34pm
Tough gig. The mods do a fantastic job
Karl and Susan Kennedy are my heroes
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 7:45pm
The lone mod presently X, no plural about it & much appreciated Wink
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Mar 2019 at 8:17pm
The lone mod is doing a fantastic job, let's hope the next mod selected behaves like an adult
EAD
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2019 at 8:31pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

The lone mod is doing a fantastic job, let's hope the next mod selected behaves like an adult

Keep the one we have and show some consideration.

I hereby sign the pledge.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 8:22am
How did that go last night?
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2019 at 8:34am
We had a visit from a very rare contributor, apparently intent only on stirring the pot.
Accusations of past misdemeanours are meaningless with few members beyond reproach.
We live in the now.
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:40am
Advance warning, potty mouths get some soap and wash out your mouths. Foul language will not be tolerated in future Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 8:41am
Clap
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 9:48am
Courtesy of Tontonan with thanks Thumbs Up

I don't think it would be suicide at all.   

The Racing section is the entry point to the forums and accounts for more than 2/3rds of the posts.  Add in the Breeding section at the figure rises to 74%.  Racing would account for practically all the sites revenue.   

All Sports only accounts for 19.1% of posts and I would hazard a guess and say that half a dozen posters would account for the vast majority of those.  All Sports, as it focuses principally on politics and society, would be of negligible economic value.  

POSTS              %       section        

1040533      67.3%      Racing

102611      6.6%      Breeding

295719      19.1%      All Sports

105262      6.8%      Community

1544125      100%      Total

Even if the appointment of new moderator alienated half the All Sports posts that would amount to less than 10% of the total posts on site.   

It might be the end of you but it wouldn't be the end of the site.

Edited by Gay3 - 21 Mar 2019 at 9:49am
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 10:18am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Advance warning, potty mouths get some soap and wash out your mouths. Foul language will not be tolerated in future Ouch

Can I change my nickname? I'm sick of this one. You can put (Tiaz) next to the new name.

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:18pm
It's not about the money, we don't earn anything from the forums anymore. That dried up years ago.

Any changes proposed are about making the forum more enjoyable and informative for our members and if that means having these extra forums, then so be it. It also keeps the racing, breeding and tipping forums free of extraneous material.

That said, I am delighted to announce that our long-term member "horlicks' has 'volunteered' to moderate the General and Joffs All Sports forums.

Just getting it set up...

Thanks horlicks!

Mayor

Mayor
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:20pm
Clap Excellent choice.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 12:21pm
Originally posted by Mayor Mayor wrote:

It's not about the money, we don't earn anything from the forums anymore. That dried up years ago.

Any changes proposed are about making the forum more enjoyable and informative for our members and if that means having these extra forums, then so be it. It also keeps the racing, breeding and tipping forums free of extraneous material.

That said, I am delighted to announce that our long-term member "horlicks' has 'volunteered' to moderate the General and Joffs All Sports forums.

Just getting it set up...

Thanks horlicks!

Mayor

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 1:30pm
Overlooked again 

Image result for crying

Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 1:58pm
Bad luck Whale.

Best of luck Horlicks. 
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Mar 2019 at 3:36pm
Thanks for the good wishes
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <12