Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Cardinal Pell

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 119>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 3:46pm
He did come over as a Mr nice guy.

As J.Judy said :-     When the Loose ladies mouth moves, She's lying.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 4:01pm
She just made a career of fleecing gullible men.   Now she has been caught out.
Even the other woman neighbour who started out a friend , just wanted her out of her house at the end. 
animals before people.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 4:05pm
They are just exploiting an asset that depreciates over time. But I have to say, loose women are a heavily encumbered asset.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 4:09pm
Her assets were certainly heavily encumbered Wink
animals before people.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2020 at 6:14pm
I randomly met Josh about 18 months ago on a golf course - my mate is a mad Doggies fan, and he would talk to anyone - he spotted Josh and Moses Mbye in a cart and bailed them up - he happily stopped and chatted for a good 5 minutes with my mate - who he wouldn't know from a hole in the ground - about all things NRL ... he came across as a really nice bloke. Moses was quiet, but very polite.Thumbs Up Plenty of them would not give you the time of day.
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2020 at 10:33pm
George Pell is happy with all the distractions to his attackers .

All the Lefties are dog packing Trump , The riots and looting keeps them busy.
Gives George and Climate Change a break.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 7:47pm
Just to bring you up to date:

The Catholic Church is facing hundreds of civil claims by victims of clerical sex abuse, bolstered by the royal commission's findings about Cardinal George Pell's role in the "catastrophic failure of leadership" in the Ballarat diocese.

The royal commission's finding that Cardinal Pell knew nearly 40 years ago of the church's practice of shifting notorious paedophile Gerald Ridsdale to different parishes to avoid scandal is likely to bolster the cases of abuse survivors who must demonstrate a breach of duty of care to successfully sue the church.

A separate finding that Cardinal Pell in 1974 dismissed a plea by a St Patrick's College student to stop Christian Brother Edward Dowlan abusing other boys at the school will strengthen the compensation claims of people subsequently molested by the convicted child sex offender, their lawyers say.

Victims expressed his disappointment that Cardinal Pell and other church leaders were not going to take responsibility for the harm that "could [and] should have been stopped".

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 7:56pm
Nice cuts and pastes from who knows where. Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 8:15pm
My bad, source is the Sydney Morning Herald.  No cut and paste involved.  No doubt some like Boob will claim that the SMH is a left-wing aberration.  

Bottom line: the publication goes on to detail the huge number of current actions, be they valid or otherwise.  Remembering that the Royal Commission found against the clergy for its knowledge and deliberate blind-eye attitude towards sexual abuse by priests within the church.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 8:21pm
Ok. The different fonts and the grammar of "Victims expressed his" had me thinking it was a hatchet job.

Pell has released a short account of his time in jail. The first of a few things he is planning to release, I've heard. 
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 8:29pm
(Which is what the only recent SMH mentioning Pell is about, according to google?)
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 8:39pm
The royal commission's finding that Cardinal Pell knew nearly 40 years ago of the church's practice of shifting notorious paedophile Gerald Ridsdale

I seem to remember that the commission's finding was based on the we believe you/we like the vibe school of jurisprudence, in vogue in Victorian courts. No actual evidence.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 9:20pm
One might equally query why Ridsdale wasn't moved into jail, by the criminal justice system. But, oh wait, I don't think that would be able to be litigated.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 Jul 2020 at 10:33pm
People don't allow for the systems in place everywhere , The Chain Of command was always decided by length of Service.
It was very difficult for a junior to raise issues against a Senior.
That applied in all of the services , Police, Nurses and others.

Now they choose the right one for the job ...   Must be Female , Indo ,
and can say their 3 times table.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 11:24am
Pell is going back to the Vatican, his reputation intact. But I guess the church has a less than unblemished record, with greater alleged past misdeeds than those Pell answered to. This old Russian movie from 1949 presents a most unflattering portrayal of the Holy See and it relationship with Nazism, as Hitler meets the papal representative Orsenigo. This is a very amusing scene ! Watch from the 34 minute mark.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Sep 2020 at 11:58am
Pity he's probaby too old to get his job back. "I hope the cleaning of the stables continues, in both the Vatican and Victoria." Clap
hatch View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote hatch Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Sep 2020 at 11:07am
Pell  did not apply for any money over his unjust inprisonment ,  that is very good for the Australian taxpayer.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 7:39am
Religion = Power
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 9:15am
I don't see much sign of organized religion having much power in Australia, Dot, that has gradually ebbed for probably 60 years, the real power lies in corporate interests, and that has exploded in influence over the last 30 years, far beyond what is healthy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2020 at 9:23am
Here's a fun fact for you, sister Dot, there are more church-going Christians in "communist" China, than in the whole of Europe. And you think the church is powerful ? That is the way things once were, they are not that way any more. The great cathedrals of Europe would never have been built, off the base that exists today. And none of that has any bearing at all, on what truth underlies religion, that has not changed, and will not change.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 4:54pm
This thread is as good as any I guess:

Heartbreak relived: Catholic Church seeks abuse victims abortion record

A woman who is suing the church because she was abused by a priest in the 1970s says shes shattered that the churchs lawyers are seeking her sensitive medical records.

A woman who was sexually abused by a Catholic priest says the church is now trying to subpoena deeply personal medical records, including of an unrelated abortion, as part of her lawsuit against the archbishop.

The woman, a former teacher now aged 60, is suing the Melbourne archiocese over allegations the abuse her parish priest subjected her to from the age of 13 caused psychiatric injury, including post-traumatic stress disorder and depression.

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 7:00pm
Ace it up - not even you could cop that SC.

It was 50 years ago. I got wolf whistled by a sex crazed pack of good sorts walking home from school when i was 12. Never been the same since Geek 
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 7:09pm
Relevance of your post?

It's in the Courts now and goes to the heart of the lengths the Catholic Church will go to fight an action.

What is the relevance of a person's medical history years after the alleged offences?
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 7:24pm
The relevance is how anyone 60 years old would waste court time over an alleged assault by a priest when she was 13 years old. For all the distress it MAY have caused  - what does she hope to achieve ? The priest must be dead or pretty close to it. Is a financial settlement going to help her distress ? And its not as if its going to enlighten anyone - the behaviour of the Church is already well & truly out of the bag. Enough is enough me thinks.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 7:26pm
Jesus Christ (deliberately put) you are so appallingly out of touch.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 7:33pm
More relevant to the thread topic, Pell recently gave a talk and answered questions in England. Mainly about his prison experiences in a positive way, but a couple of answers to questions were interesting. I won't bother saying them in my own words because I can guess the reaction from some on here. But here's the link if anyone wants to watch any of it. The questions are in the last 15 mins or so.

https://youtu.be/CqbxoWhuaXQ

(If it hasn't been cancelled yet.)
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 7:39pm
Question Second Chance - how many folk of our generation have skeletons in the closet from when we were kids ? If everyone wanted to field their grievances the courts would be chockers ! We would have priests , ministers , mums , dads , teachers , scoutmasters , childcare minders , baby sitters , comedians lined up for kilometres outside every courthouse. Sexual abuse , physical abuse , mental abuse , animal abuse. I'd go as far as saying most could put together an event or chain of events as kids that was inappropriate. Not saying it is correct - however todays world has totally different views on many matters compared to 50 years ago.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 8:00pm
F**k anyone who sexually abuses children. I don't care if it was 2000 years ago.
Time is a flat circle
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 8:05pm
So good to see some sympathy for those who suffered abuse and are finally able to recieve some sort of closure. Which was not possible until recently. I wonder how much it has cost for anyone to come forward and admit they were one of the" many folk of our generation have skeletons in the closet from when we were kids". And that they suffered "Sexual abuse , physical abuse , mental abuse , animal abuse.".
Also sad to see that oneonesit believes that is it acceptable to ignore that these people are actually entitled to seek closure, or not as they choose.

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Dec 2021 at 8:09pm
Remember back in the day, girls used to ply us boys with cheap liquor in the hope we would lose our inhibitions and they could have their wicked way with us? I think that's how it went. Long time ago. Memory a bit hazy.Confused

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 108109110111112 119>