Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Float/Transport Accidents

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 11:59pm
I read on another forum that the truck was on its way to Widden.

acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 12:04am
Well if it was on the way to Widden it would not have been  on the Golden Highway,,,,,Jerrys Plains,,,,
animals before people.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 2:50am
Forums aren’t exactly gospel.... but, Google says that’s the fastest route from the Gold Coast.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 10:03am
Widden bought 6 mares at the sale. 
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 1:24pm
What a clusterf**k this must be. New owners likely hadn't even paid for the horses yet. What insurance was in place, if any. What insurance does the transport company have. Did the sellers have insurance, can that be used?
Time is a flat circle
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 1:26pm
I suspect the police inquiry and the insurance mess is the reason no publicity is forthcoming. 
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 1:27pm
Maybe that explains the lack of names.  The behind scramble to try and sort out an ugly mess.  But it would help to know the ones not involved.  So much speculation about which mares could of been involved.
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 1:33pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

What a clusterf**k this must be. New owners likely hadn't even paid for the horses yet. What insurance was in place, if any. What insurance does the transport company have. Did the sellers have insurance, can that be used?
risk falls to the buyer immediately upon fall of the hammer.
No way would transport insurance cover it.

I would suggest, if they all belonged to a larger owner, they’d “self insure”
Ouch.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 8:06pm
Andrew Eddy

The five in-foal broodmares to perish in the tragic truck crash on Saturday in the Hunter region in NSW are understood to be non-Group 1-performed race mares.

The breeding industry remained tight-lipped on Monday about the crash where five broodmares, who had been offered for sale at the Magic Millions Broodmare sale a few days earlier, perished instantly.

The crash, where it is understood the truck struck a tree, occurred on the Golden Highway near Jerry’s Plains south of Muswellbrook about 6.25am on Saturday.

Racing.com com has been told the truck was carrying pregnant mares bound for more than one of the famous stud farms in the area.

Two men were taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 9:26pm
I'm disgusted by racing.com for this article.
It doesn't matter if they were Group-performed mares or not, it doesn't matter if they were thoroughbreds or not - It's. A. TRAGEDY!
Condolences to all involved with the mares and respect to those who attended the accident scene.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 9:35pm
The fact they were pregnant compounds the tragedy BP, those poor souls, they do what we ask them all their lives, I just hope they are all eating green grass in a better place, otherwise all this counts for nothing!
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 9:41pm
Steady on.
I take no joy from this news, but 5 PEOPLE die every week on NSW roads.
But of perspective please.
Bonjour View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Bonjour Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 9:46pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Steady on.

Many of us earn our living out of this industry, pardon me if I'm emotive, I'll never be anything but when it comes to horses, pregnant mares especially that die in that manner/fear/pain/
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 10:53pm
Wouldnt matter if they were kids ponies, its still a sad tragedy.  Terrible way for them to die in pain and fear. 
I feel for all involved.  That would be my worst nightmare, coming on an accident like that.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 11:03pm
I know what you're saying is right rusty, but to be honest I care more about animals than people in general. (And I'm only getting worse with age!)

Bonjour, I don't believe for a second that all five mares 'perished instantly'. We can only hope they didn't suffer too much for too long.
RIP girls xo
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (3) Thanks(3)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 11:11pm
That  "perished instantly "  could not be true.  Lets hope vets were there quickly.  All those studs along there have vets , and Jim Rodgers is at Jerrys .  ( Or was, I think he still is ? )
I am with BP.   Car wrecks are caused by the people driving.  Animals dont ask to be shut in a truck and taken on to the highway.
I much prefer animals to most people.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 11:48pm
I thought that too, aa - at least the studs around there have vets and good horsepeople. Poor buggers, though, what a nightmare the scene must've been.

Sure, we all want to know who the mares were but if they can't be identified for legal reasons etc, then racing.com should respectfully shut the f up.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Jun 2021 at 1:45am
I think the reason it’s so upsetting is that horses are so innocent, we control their lives, make them do our bidding, they trust us and give us their all. They don’t choose to race, live in a stable or move around on trucks. All they want is a big grassy paddock and a few mates. These mares were so close to finally leading a much more natural lifestyle. They deserved it.
People do have choices, they make both good and bad. I just hope this isn’t human negligence and that something out of the drivers control brought about this very sad event. 

Steady on.
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 4:07pm
Tsaritsa was one of the horses.

One of the five thoroughbreds killed in last weekend’s float crash in the Hunter Valley has been revealed as former Chris Waller-trained mare Tsaritsa, who only days earlier was sold for $950,000 at the Magic Millions National Broodmare Sale.

A granddaughter of champion stallion Danehill, Tsaritsa was in foal to one of the country’s top sires, I Am Invincible, whose 2020 service fee was in excess of $200,000.

Industry experts priced the lost foal at over $1 million.

Tsaritsa’s first foal to be offered at auction was a colt (Patton) by US Triple Crown winner American Pharoah, which sold for $675,000.

Her second foal was a filly by Chris Waller’s champion colt The Autumn Sun, which sold for $300,000 at the Magic Millions Weanling Sale just a week prior to Tsaritsa’s sale.

Tsaritsa’s tragic loss was made worse given that she could just have easily remained safe in her paddock at Attunga Stud in Scone, the boutique farm's boss Brian Nutt explained.

‘’It was a fifty-fifty decision to sell her in the first instance but they thought that they were selling her at the top of the market so that swayed their decision,’’ he said.

‘’It’s a very sad loss to lose a mare of that calibre in a tragic accident. She looked like she had it all ahead of her.

‘’Her (previous) owners are devastated.’’
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 4:37pm
Where was she going, as in who bought her ?
What a shame she didnt stay in her paddock at Attunga. 
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 4:45pm
Widden ?
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 4:48pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Maybe you are correct.
Still dont know why it would be at J.P tho ?  Confused You turn off for Widden at Sandy Hollow ? 
Going to Widden, Vic ???
animals before people.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 4:51pm
Widden have a farm not far from there I think
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 5:03pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

Maybe you are correct.
Still dont know why it would be at J.P tho ?  Confused You turn off for Widden at Sandy Hollow ? 
Going to Widden, Vic ???

Drive down the coast to Newcastle then out that way you would pass the crash site I believe
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 5:10pm
In a  round about way.  But it says Golden Highway Jerrys Plains.  I think coming from the MMs they would have come the New England Highway, and you can branch off at Muswellbrook across to Sandy H, then Denman, and then south to J.P.   At Sandy Hollow you turn off and cross the railway line and bridge and go down the Bylong Valley Way to Widden.  J.P. is a good 45 mins, maybe more, south of the Widden turn.
But then maybe the news reports are all wrong.  
animals before people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jun 2021 at 5:50pm

Steady on.
What an odd post Confused
Refer ALP Election Promises
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jun 2021 at 7:23pm
Slow process, who were the others?
 This isn’t sounding good at all. A lot of talk about a long trip and a tired driver. Who considers that an accident?
 Some will, some won’t Ouch
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jun 2021 at 11:39pm
bumping thread for Gay.
The Kalgoorlie one is in the WA horses thread

Edited by VSP. - 12 Jun 2021 at 11:42pm
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 12:01am
Well found & thanks VSP. Too many posts to merge either way now Wink
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Nobody View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Nobody Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Jun 2021 at 1:53pm
Under ASB rules, deaths need to be lodged within 48 hours to the Stud book. 
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>