Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Brodie Loy - Drugs & Redemption

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote adolphus twirk Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Brodie Loy - Drugs & Redemption
    Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 8:20pm
12 months plus a further 9 month suspension. Hopefully he goes to detox or the next few years of his life are fckued.

Edited by Gay3 - 28 Jun 2022 at 2:44pm
RED HUNTER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 9:05pm
A troubled soul for a long time now.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 9:08pm
joins

ADAMS

KENNEDY

EL'ISSA

LOVELOCK-WIGGINS

these names comes to hand quickly for me
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 9:10pm
for different but worrying situations when possible fame comes too quickly

there is another...a nsw apprentice who got carried away with success,when in Qld..now back on track
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 9:50pm
Norm needs to give him a good kick up the arse
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 10:13pm
Somebody needed to give Norm one too ...for being found guilty of animal cruelty
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 10:26pm
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 11:10pm
Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

Norm Loy was found guilty of a charge under AR175 (o)(i), in that, as the person in charge of the Dangerous-Doyenne Fille filly, he failed to exercise reasonable control to prevent an act of cruelty in respect to that filly, in that when it refused to enter the pool, Loy did unreasonably persist to force it to do so, whereby it reared over and sustained fatal injuries to the head region.

In assessing penalty, the Stewards took into account Loy’s prior clean record of 25 years in the industry. Loy was fined $2500 and advised of his rights of appeal.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
anabel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote anabel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 11:22pm
Originally posted by Gay3 Gay3 wrote:

Originally posted by RED HUNTER RED HUNTER wrote:

<p style="line-height: normal;"> Norm
Loy was found guilty of a charge under AR175 (o)(i), in that, as the
person in charge of the Dangerous-Doyenne Fille filly, he failed to
exercise reasonable control to prevent an act of cruelty in respect to
that filly, in that when it refused to enter the pool, Loy did
unreasonably persist to force it to do so, whereby it reared over and
sustained fatal injuries to the head region.

<p style="line-height: normal;">In
assessing penalty, the Stewards took into account Loy’s prior clean
record of 25 years in the industry. Loy was fined $2500 and advised of
his rights of appeal.

Just disgusting.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote RED HUNTER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Apr 2018 at 11:22pm
....and later I found out that NATALIE LOY was,in fact, Brodie's sister not mother.
Majestic View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Majestic Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 12:09pm
Rode one for me recently. Completely ignored train's and my instructions. Came back and declared horse a dog. Horse won next start when ridden to instructions and with initiative. He could possibly be an typical example of today's kids. Everyone owes them something. He, and his like, would do with a stint as a jackaroo in Nth Qld or the territory, or a stint in the army.
linghi11 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote linghi11 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Apr 2018 at 2:15pm
Originally posted by Majestic Majestic wrote:

Rode one for me recently. Completely ignored train's and my instructions. Came back and declared horse a dog. Horse won next start when ridden to instructions and with initiative. He could possibly be an typical example of today's kids. Everyone owes them something. He, and his like, would do with a stint as a jackaroo in Nth Qld or the territory, or a stint in the army.

Aren’t those rides/riders the worst? Happens all the time, ignorant and entitled little jerks who think they know best. Riders who do what they’re asked are worth their weight in gold.
to the victor
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2022 at 2:47pm

Jockey's fruit, soup & veggies: "I want to ruffle up a few feathers"

New Queensland rider Brodie Loy has turned to noted fitness guru Ron Johnson and a diet of fruit, soup and vegetables in a bid to give next season's Brisbane jockey premiership a serious shake.

Loy is not chasing dramatic weight loss such as Johnson helped to achieve with Victorian rider Ben Allen in his successful bid to win his maiden Group 1 on Marabi in the Oakleigh Plate at Caulfield in February.

Loy, who arrived in the Sunshine State from NSW earlier this year to be Annabel Neasham’s go-to jockey, simply wants to be able to ride consistently at 55kg in the city and do it without having to plunge the kilograms.

That’s no easy feat given the well-built Loy stands at 174cm.

But Loy, who nailed his first Queensland Stakes win recently when scoring the Eye Liner Stakes at Ipswich on Neasham-trained sprinter Holyfield, is starting to garner wider support from trainers.

He wants to leave no stone unturned in his mission to win a Brisbane riding premiership, eyeing off next season’s title.

That’s why he is working with Johnson, who has helped to iron out many of Australia’s top jockeys over the last two decades.

“I’m starting to get a few good opportunities and I want to put myself in a position next season to really ruffle up a few feathers for the premiership,” Loy said.

“There is no big ride coming up in a Group 1 at 53 (kg) or anything like that.

“But I am spending 10 days with Ron Johnson, who is currently living with me, to invest in some stuff for the next riding season.

“I’ve seen how Ron gets jockeys down to ridiculous weights, but in a healthy way.

“I’m not trying to get down to 52 (kg), or anything like that, but it’s a complete health detox and mental refresh.

“I want to get established before the new season starts and really be in tip top shape going into the new season.”

With Johnson keeping a watchful eye, Loy has a new diet of a fruit salad and a scoop of yoghurt for breakfast and then snacking on fruit until lunch.

Lunch is corn, peas and carrot and then there are more fruit snacks throughout the afternoon followed by a vegetable and ham soup for dinner.

There’s also a fitness regime, implemented by Johnson, which includes new gym and swimming exercises designed to push Loy’s body.

Johnson said: “Brodie has been exceptionally dedicated and committed and if he can stay on that path, he will be exceptional.”

Loy feels it is already paying dividends but the major rewards will come down the track.

“I’m 174 cm and pretty well built, I want to try and do what I am doing with Ron week in and week out for a whole season and be consistent, instead of trying to ride 55(kg) and missing the target,” Loy said.

“I’ve got good mental strength, I can lose two or three kilograms for a race meeting if I need to but I don’t want to be doing that as it takes a toll.

“Last Saturday I rode a horse for Kacy Fogden at 55 (kg) and it’s the only time ever that I have only had to lose a few ticks over a kilo to ride at 55 (kg).

“I didn’t ride a winner on the day, but I felt mentally like I had won on that day.”

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Batman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Batman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Jul 2022 at 9:48am
The great Ron Johnson diet. 
Gambling has brought our family closer together. We had to move to a smaller house.
 Post Reply Post Reply