Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Breeding Website or Program

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breeding Website or Program
    Posted: 19 Apr 2018 at 11:06pm
Does anyone know of a website or program where I can find EVERY foal of a certain sire crossed with a certain broodmare sire.

For instance I may want all foals of lonhro from mossman mares. Or every foal of octagonal when put to a success express mare. I don't want numbers, I want actual names. If you can search by grandam sire as well then that would be a bonus.
Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 10:13am
Equineline will give you numbers of the cross and results - but not the names.  And you have to know the name of one with the cross first.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2018 at 12:18pm
Thanks Furious, I can get that sort of data from the risa website doing a 5 generation pedigree search by knowing one of the names. But I do want to get all the names.

I think from memory Tesio Power used to give names but not sure if it is all of them or just stakeswinners as it has been a long time since I've used it. 

Any other suggestions from others welcomed.
DiEM25 for the world.
rem286 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rem286 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 12:40pm
Arion. Will give you numbers and names of the top 50 performers or all named if less than 50
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 2:41pm
Yes Rem but that top 50 will be all by the sire so you'd still be going through all the names and I think that costs points also.
rem286 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rem286 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2018 at 9:29pm
There is a search you can do for a Sire/Dam in a particular place within a 5 generation pedigree.  Will only bring up horses with that exact cross.
kavg View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Apr 2018 at 3:36pm
Thanks rem, I'll look into it and the costs involved.
DiEM25 for the world.
 Post Reply Post Reply