Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > International Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Breeders Cup 2020/21/22

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Breeders Cup 2020/21/22
    Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 9:25am
Magical goes down to Tarnawa (Shamardal-Tarana x Cape Cross), missed the race any replays anywhere?
also Authentic steals it in the Classic Tiz The law a cpl lgths away

Edited by Gay3 - 07 Nov 2022 at 4:34pm
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 9:52am
A clean sweep for Europe on the turf this morning in the Breeders Cup meetingin the USA.

GLASS SLIPPERS - G1 Breeders Cup Sprint
AUDARYA - G1 Breeders Cup Filles & Mares 
ORDER OF AUSTRALIA - G1 Breeders Cup Mile
TARNAWA - G1 Breeders Cup  

I still think Australia's best sprinters would be very very competitive in the Breeders Cup turf sprint if they ran in it 

#BreedersCup2020
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (2) Thanks(2)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2020 at 12:24pm
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2020 at 10:51am
Tarnawa will continue to race in 2021 with the Arc her main mission. Maybe we can see her run against Verry Ellegant?

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 4:37pm

The incredible story of Cody's Wish

Since 1984, the world’s best thoroughbreds have competed in the Breeders’ Cup, but in the history of the race there are few stories as heartwarming and miraculous as Cody’s Wish and Cody Dorman.

This is the story of a racehorse that saved a young boy’s life.

Cody Dorman suffers from Wolf-Hirschhorn Syndrome (WHS), a rare genetic disorder that affects many parts of the body, resulting in delayed growth and development, intellectual disability, low muscle tone and seizures.

Doctors told the Dorman family that Cody would only live for two years and although he is now 16 years-old, Cody has spent a lifetime overcoming long odds.

In 2018, Cody made a wish to meet a racehorse, and with the help of the Make-A-Wish Foundation, Cody and his parents Kelly and Leslie, with sister Kylie, went to Godolphin’s Gainsborough Farm in Kentucky.

Stud Farm Manager Danny Mulvihill arranged an introduction with a ‘mild mannered six-month-old weanling’.

“What happened from there was special, the foal just came up and laid his head down on Cody’s lap and just spent some quiet time there with Cody.”

It all started from that extraordinary moment.

In 2020, after watching their son additionally struggle with severe depression, Cody’s parents got the idea to go back and visit that horse they had met two years earlier to lift Cody’s spirits.

“The hardest thing we’ve dealt with and watched him go through is depression,” Cody’s parents said.

Mulvihill was once again in awe as this now two-year-old thoroughbred colt ‘kept pulling until again he was right in front of Cody, where Cody could stroke him’.

“It was like the horse knew who was there to see him,” he said.

The bond with this horse changed everything for Cody.

“He found me, and he hasn’t forgotten me. He has always looked for me and we have the same heart and drive, we never give up,” Dorman said.

WATCH: The story of Cody's Wish

The emotional story of how a racehorse changed a boys life.

Watch Cody's Wish race tomorrow on @USA_Network at 1:10 PM ET. pic.twitter.com/zcvnOC8OwH

— NBC Sports (@NBCSports) November 4, 2022

In 2021, the young horse was eventually named Cody’s Wish, and was a maiden after three race starts.

Cody had an idea and adamantly told his family that Cody’s Wish will not win until he was there.

In what can be described as nothing less than a miracle, with Cody on track to watch his best friend race, Cody’s Wish went on to not only win his maiden, but six of his next seven races.

In a story made for Hollywood, on November 5, Cody’s Wish won the Breeders’ Cup Dirt Mile and Cody was front and center on track, cheering home his champion.

In an emotional statement post-race, Cody’s father Leslie said: “I think that horse has the legs Cody wasn’t given, put those two together and they make the perfect one.

Cody’s Wish (11:7-1-3) is not only a horse that saw an instant connection with a young boy in a wheelchair but is a racehorse who has made all the difference in Cody’s life.

“(Cody’s Wish) always makes me smile, I love when we just get to hang out together… thank you Cody’s Wish you are a very special horse and a very special friend”.

Stories that end like this are fairytales, and it is rare to see something as miraculous and as beautiful as this real-life fairytale.

Edited by Gay3 - 07 Nov 2022 at 4:38pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Nov 2022 at 4:58pm
Thanks Gay.  Hard not to get teary.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 3:09am
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 3:10am
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Nov 2022 at 9:40am
reductio ad absurdum
 Post Reply Post Reply