Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Boxing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 35>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:12pm
There’s a reason why Gallan won’t fight more than 6 rounds

He knows he’d get destroyed 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 6:57pm
Daddy $1.57 on BF. That's got to be the overs of the century. Just a dodgy bloody game.
Refer ALP Election Promises
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Apr 2021 at 10:07pm
These fights have set up written all over them. Happy to sit out.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 2:49pm
Time is a flat circle
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 3:09pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

These fights have set up written all over them. Happy to sit out.
Yeah - wish i had now. Definitely smell a rat - too much money in his next fight with SBW to let him get pounded in this one. Took $1.67 Daddy last night on BF - now $1.71 Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Apr 2021 at 3:35pm
Exactly OneOne. If Gallen gets hammered tomorrow then who’s going to want to see him take on Sunny Bill? And no one will give a gelati about a Sunny Bill v Big Daddy matchup. 
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:30pm
Lucas looks pretty fit at 117kg and relaxed, having a big yawn in his dressing room.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Apr 2021 at 9:43pm
Geez, now he is munching on sausage rolls.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 12:50am
What did I tell you OneOne. Confirmed set up now surely.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 1:31am
You didn't have to tell me anything - stood out like dogs knackers. He blew to $1.93 before the fight on BF. Its been on ever since the SBW announcement a few weeks. Funny thing is i don't think Gallen was in on it - he actually thinks he can fight. Very disappointed in Browne though - really left the game poorly. Hope it was worth it for him financially.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 8:47am
You called it. But will he get away with it? The accountantbookies these days are very sooky about getting stung.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 8:54am
Ah, BF. I get it.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 8:57am
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

You didn't have to tell me anything - stood out like dogs knackers. He blew to $1.93 before the fight on BF. Its been on ever since the SBW announcement a few weeks. Funny thing is i don't think Gallen was in on it - he actually thinks he can fight. Very disappointed in Browne though - really left the game poorly. Hope it was worth it for him financially.

And yet you backed Big Daddy. Why?

I stayed right away from that fight. I said weeks ago something was up with it. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:52am
Not a setup. Gallen sat down for an extended interview with Barry Michael and Paul Kent where he identified a flaw in Browne that they had noticed in his 2 round defeat of John Hopoate, where Hoppa floored him in the first round but having only fought 1.5 rounds in 10 years ran out of gas and couldn't follow through as Gallen did.

I looked back at Browne's fight with Dillian Whyte and it was there too. He has a soft temple/head and both hit it and put him down. 

Watching the brief contest last night, Gallen clipped him behind the ear and disoriented him. He then just hammered the side of his head till he went down.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 9:53am
Did you see Browne’s poo-tits? That was enough to tell me he hadn’t trained enough. Another couple of years and he’ll be a fully-fledged slob. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 10:00am
The shot that Gallen hit Browne with was identical to the back of ear shot that Danny Greene put on Roy Jones Jr 10 or so years ago knocking him senseless in the first round of Green's title defense. 

As Barry Michael said in the Hopoate fight with Browne, if you are going to get caught an older bloke will get it in the first round as it takes a couple of rounds to loosen up and get into a rhythm at their age.

Gallen was very fit and able to go after him after the first shot.

The Dillian Whyte hit to Browne's temple area was devastating Put him down and out for several minutes.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 10:05am
I did see his tits but looking back over older fights, he looked tighter last night at 117kg than he did in his earlier fights in the mid 120 kgs.

He is a lumbering big fellow with only one punch a big right that follows pawing by his left. Gallen exploited it last night. He knows he couldn't repeat it and said he wasn't looking for title or overseas fights. Just money fights against footballers he said. Said he wasn't interested in Justis Huni or anyone going places.
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 10:32am
I thought an overhand punch to the back of the head like Gallen used was illegal. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 10:36am
So did I but I  thought the kidney punch that Brit David Allen knocked Browne out out with was also illegal.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 11:37am
Those 2 fighters looked like they should have been spectators at the Darts Tournament nextdoor.
Get on the beers

Rocky 12 would have beaten them.
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 1:00pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

And yet you backed Big Daddy. Why?

I stayed right away from that fight. I said weeks ago something was up with it. 
Most my money went on before they started talking up the SBW / Gallen fight. Thought the $1.55 was good value. Took a bit more when it drifted to $1.67. The fact I didn’t touch the $1.93 pre-fight is an indicator the stew was on in my assessment. I will never be convinced he didn’t take a dive. Not saying Gallen was in in it - but then he didn’t really need to be. Disgrace !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 1:03pm
Of course he took a dive OneOne. You are right on that. Gallen can talk up how he found a weakness all he likes but it’s all nonsense. I put my case weeks ago as to why this fight was very likely going Gallen’s way and I stand by that. The guys putting this on don’t give a gelati about anything but money and Gallen winning ensures it keeps rolling in. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 1:53pm
I guess you could scrub sausage rolls of the list of PE enhances Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 1:57pm
It looked like one of those disgusting Four n' Twenty frozen ones in a plastic wrapper carioca. Might explain where he went wrong.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 2:14pm
Think he is claiming an apricot energy bar. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 2:19pm
If it was he should get a refund.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 6:37pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

I saw a fight the other night involving a young Fenech protege by the name of Brock Jarvis.
Put him in your black book. He looked a star

A real fight takes place tomorrow night. Jarvis fights for the 

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Apr 2021 at 6:39pm
I bookmarked that one to watch.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Apr 2021 at 10:37pm

I saw a fight the other night involving a young Fenech protege by the name of Brock Jarvis.
Put him in your black book. He looked a star

A real fight takes place tomorrow night. Jarvis fights for the 

Still undefeated after a good win over the brave kiwi last night
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 May 2021 at 5:03pm
More punches thrown in the crowd than in the ring at the Ruiz v Arreola fight today
Time is a flat circle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1718192021 35>