Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Boxing

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Boxing
    Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 10:17pm
Should be smashing.

QLD vs NSW

Black vs White

Young vs Old

Ugly vs Handsome

Skills vs Power

Muslim vs Christian

Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 10:52pm
Winner vs Loser
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Nov 2018 at 10:55pm
Originally posted by Pazman Pazman wrote:

Should be smashing.

QLD vs NSW

Black vs White

Young vs Old

Ugly vs Handsome

Skills vs Power

Muslim vs Christian

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 8:48am
I've never followed the career of Australia's third rate mini Ali closely. Probably because boxing is on pay-for-view these days so it never crosses my radar.Big smile In the alphabet soup of boxing world champions, what was The Man's highest overall position in his weight division? Overall, including every boxer in the world in the weight division.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 9:02am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I've never followed the career of Australia's third rate mini Ali closely. Probably because boxing is on pay-for-view these days so it never crosses my radar.Big smile In the alphabet soup of boxing world champions, what was The Man's highest overall position in his weight division? Overall, including every boxer in the world in the weight division.
Same Tlaz & I don't know the answers. All I know is the bloke is never going to be seen as a good boxer with a big mouth. World Champion - I don't think so. Maybe in a Mickey Mouse Association. There are at least 4 World Boxing Associations these days. Often hear people saying he has been good for the sport - I don't think he has. This fight coming up is a joke. Means nothing. Horn beat a tired old World Champion in a controversial result. Got shown up last fight - absolutely outclassed. This is his get out payday & he can then go back to teaching
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Nov 2018 at 9:05am
...All I know is the bloke will ONLY ever been seen as........
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

A good athlete. can't take that away from him .

The Crawford who beat Horn last time is called the best pound for pound in the world .    Horn too big to lose so much weight last time . Outclassed all the same .
   They say a sell out this week ... Mundine can sure pull a crowd .

Should be all Horn ...      lol my tiping isn't good but if I had whale in there it would improve ...   At 85 I'd beat him .
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 10:28pm
If all Muslims were like Mundine, the world be a better place.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:34pm
LOL  Mundine a muslim Confused   Now what on earth convinced him to be the rep of the religion of peace, Wink as a boxer , thumping the c**p out of others.    Ermm  Bit iffy  ??
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Nov 2018 at 11:46pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

LOL  Mundine a muslim Confused   Now what on earth convinced him to be the rep of the religion of peace, Wink as a boxer , thumping the c**p out of others.    Ermm  Bit iffy  ??

Escaping the evil demons I'd say ... His company in early days were junkie ,alcoholic crims.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 8:02am
Yes maxie, a very talented athlete and fighter who didn't get into the ring as a professional till he was 25 and had only 4 amateur fights, and only after he was finished with another successful sporting career in rugby league playing at State Of Origin level. Won 3 versions of world titles and beat world champions some bigger than him. I reckon his best ever fight was a points loss to then 35-0 genuine world champion Michael Kassler.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 8:19am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Yes maxie, a very talented athlete and fighter who didn't get into the ring as a professional till he was 25 and had only 4 amateur fights, and only after he was finished with another successful sporting career in rugby league playing at State Of Origin level. Won 3 versions of world titles and beat world champions some bigger than him. I reckon his best ever fight was a points loss to then 35-0 genuine world champion Michael Kassler.
All that's very true PT. So is the fact he went on national TV & supported the 9/11 attacks. I'm amazed this fight is being supported (as I'm told it is). Old man vs young bloke who's career is already on the slide.
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 8:26am
Horn might want to change up the tactics he used against Crawford:

Image result for mummy walk gif
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 8:32am
Not sure what that contested stuff from 17 years ago has to do with his ability or his chances this week.

I wouldn't write him off. He is coming off a ko win this year against a tough fighter who has since won 3 and Horne is coming off a mauling. Often a bad loss like that takes time to mentally recover from if ever. Ask Mundine's father. Many think he never recovered from Monzon.
Pazman View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Pazman Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 8:59am

Yes, was there that night at the now demolished entcent, though he won the fight.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 9:37am

Whenever I heard the word world champion where boxing is concerned I reach for the sick bucket. Who is the best boxer Mundine has beaten?

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 9:39am
I'd have Daley in my team over Mundine every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 9:53am

Whenever I heard the word world champion where boxing is concerned I reach for the sick bucket. Who is the best boxer Mundine has beaten?

Shane Mosely
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:01am

Shane Mosely

Anybody that wasn't long past it at the time?Wink

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:04am
Danny Green has a win over Roy Jones Jr. Woop de doo.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:08am
4 of Mosely's previous 6 fights were 12 round decisions against some of the games other legends, Pacquiao, Mayweather, Alvarez, Cotti. and was for a time considered the best pound for pound fighter in the world.

That argument about whether or not he was still at the top or slightly past it can be applied to any sportsman, animal or team. The fact is Mundine was in the ring with high class fighters and never disgraced himself.

Happy Clapper is rubbish by your definition, but I would love to own him.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:08am
Is Bernard Hopkins still going around?Ouch Could be the Hornet's next fight. See, I'm getting the hang of boxing promotion.Tongue

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:11am
He is 53 years old and has had 1 fight in the last 4 years.

That would be a farce, worse than Danny Green v Roy Jones Jr 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:14am

He is 53 years old and has had 1 fight in the last 4 years.

That would be a farce, worse than Danny Green v Roy Jones Jr 

It's always a good time for comeback in boxing.Tongue

Simon Cameron

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:15am
His style of boxing also made it hard to get exposure in the States. He would be booed out of the ring over there
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:17am
What’s with a 53 year old having ANY fights in the last 4 years?
Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:24am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

The Crawford who beat Horn last time is called the best pound for pound in the world .    Horn too big to lose so much weight last time . Outclassed all the same .

Should be all Horn ...      lol my tiping isn't good but if I had whale in there it would improve ...   At 85 I'd beat him .

Shocked
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:27am

His style of boxing also made it hard to get exposure in the States. He would be booed out of the ring over there

"The great Sugar Ray Leonard, right now, if he was boxing, the way that they want you to fight, the people that pull the strings of the puppet, he would be boring today. Ray Robinson – the great Robinson – would be boring today…Because the feeders of the people that buy entertainment. They're being fed that if they duck, don't buy it. If they're slick, and they beat [their opponent] nine out of the 12 rounds, and the guy just can't hit him because they were slick and smart enough to hit and not get hit, 'He's not crowd-pleasing, he don't sell tickets.' Because they done fed the followers and they done fed [that] to the customers. The customers will drink anything that you give them if it's promoted right…But when you take away the skill and you take away the slick, and you take away the boxing ability and say that's not entertaining, or that's not entertainment, then, to me, it's like trying to erase a culture that you know has dominated the sport way back then where you were slick. And I'm talking about black fighters. Yes, I said it", said Hopkins.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:37am
Originally posted by Whale Whale wrote:

Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Shocked

Whale View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Whale Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Nov 2018 at 10:37am
Obnoxious as Mundine but a better boxer who could back his words with action.

Definitely not boring

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 35>