Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Big Brother - It's back baby.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2020 at 5:37pm
Nothing average about the 1st and 3rd persons kicked out.
reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 8:33pm
Ok I've got a theory. Angie was voted out - yeah - only to be given another chance by Big Brother. Think it could well be a BLM thing. Just not fair. Wouldn't have happened that way 30 years ago. She wouldn't have got on the show in the first place
Refer ALP Election Promises
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 8:36pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Ok I've got a theory. Angie was voted out - yeah - only to be given another chance by Big Brother. Think it could well be a BLM thing. Just not fair. Wouldn't have happened that way 30 years ago. She wouldn't have got on the show in the first place

Lucky she isn't a UK Uni student, grades would be bumped up automatically 
EAD
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 8:44pm
Tigg is a Big Brother watcher, now there is a surprise. LOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 8:53pm
This place is a bit like Big Brother PT. We even have our own evictions. The only difference is our evictees usually get more than one chance. In the case Whale - he had 63 ! 
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 8:54pm
Make it 64 ,

Release The Beast !
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 8:55pm
He must be eligible for parole soon. 
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 8:55pm
Got all the non-whites out quick smart.Wink
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 8:58pm
Originally posted by TIGER TIGER wrote:

Lucky she isn't a UK Uni student, grades would be bumped up automatically 

Oh, is she still there? 

Simon Cameron

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 9:00pm

I must admit to being cynical about this however the other mob who previously produced Big Brother quite often had the evicted house mate re enter via a similar exercise to this.

reductio ad absurdum
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 9:24pm
Surely the Bold and the Beautiful is more entertaining, you can even miss three years of episodes, and still pick up the plot thread again in a week or two.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 11:34pm

It had nothing to do with BLM. Angela is far and away the most popular housemate on social media, due to her entertainment value. She was the only one worth watching out of a very drab bunch. 

Dan has shown why he was sacked by two AFL clubs...what a sook. How can a grown man be scared of pigeons?

It was all recorded a while ago. That is why  housemates vote, at present. The public can't be brought in on a happening from months ago. 
Big smile

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Jun 2020 at 11:39pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I must admit to being cynical about this however the other mob who previously produced Big Brother quite often had the evicted house mate re enter via a similar exercise to this.

If they hadn't retained Angela, the ratings were going into a nose-dive. They knew it and planned for it. There is a media call for her to be given her own comedy show. 

The other housemates are just fodder and totally boring. Terrible recruiting. 

As a writer, I find BB and Survivor to be interesting psychological experiments. 

Wink
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 12:47am
Oh Geez, JJ, dont tell me you watch that rubbish ??? Cry
animals before people.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 11:38am

I think the pretty blonde bird with the big thighs will be in strife shortly. She has nominated both times so will be in the firing line. Also coming across as a bit snaky. 
Now i know other members often refer to me as Nostradamus the Second !
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 2:31pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

as I said...writers are amateur psychologists. We find people locked up or stranded on tropical islands to be interesting subjects. Watching them break down and reveal their fears and prejudices, is fascinating. Where do you think we get the maniacs we write about? 

of course, I could use a certain POTUS as a template for a lunatic in my books...but who would believe anyone could be that crazy...and dumb...

ConfusedBig smile

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 2:34pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

it also keeps me connected to my two young daughters, who like that type of show. It gives us something else to talk about, apart from playstation games, cats and fashion. 

yawwwwn....Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 2:37pm
I remember when it was around first time, it was part of the curriculum of a lot of University psychology Departments for it's human behavioral aspects. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Jun 2020 at 8:02pm
I am currently binge watching Love Island UK. Only stopping when the footy and Ascot come on.
reductio ad absurdum
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 3:22am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I remember when it was around first time, it was part of the curriculum of a lot of University psychology Departments for it's human behavioral aspects. 

a lot of psychiatrists tune in to Survivor, as well. There are countless pieces written about the way a lack of food sends people irrational. 

maybe a few on here have been starved, too...Confused
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 5:31am
BB used to be a good giggle, haven't bothered this year ... any turkey slapping yet?
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Jun 2020 at 12:20pm
I've only tuned in for maybe half an hour total. Enough to see that bloke freaking out at the killer zombie pigeons LOL and the black woman showing super endurance and resistance to pain.

That's something I've noticed on Survivor. The challenges that involve pain x time are usually won by women.

Simon Cameron

TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 8:16am
When will it get axed, the adds for the show are bad enough
EAD
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 1:01pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I've only tuned in for maybe half an hour total. Enough to see that bloke freaking out at the killer zombie pigeons LOL and the black woman showing super endurance and resistance to pain.

That's something I've noticed on Survivor. The challenges that involve pain x time are usually won by women.

yes...women have far more mental strength than men. Thank god men don't have to give birth...think of all the whining and crying....LOLLOL

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 1:48pm
Samantha Fox was my favourite  Wink
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 1:51pm

favourite what?

Give me Kevin Costner or Andy Garcia...in The Untouchables...Clap

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 1:52pm
I am absolutely addicted to Love Island UK.

Nearly finished binge watching season 2.

I am devastated to learn Sophie killed herself 2 years ago. She seemed so incredibly strong.
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 1:52pm
Speaking of Samantha Fox, Peter Foster is on 60 Minutes tonight.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 1:53pm

Favourite what ?

reductio ad absurdum
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2020 at 1:53pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

favourite what?

Give me Kevin Costner or Andy Garcia...in The Untouchables...Clap

Favorite good sort. Everything a bloke would ever want  LOL
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>