Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

ANYTHING BUGGING YOU - Event Date: 27 Jun 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: ANYTHING BUGGING YOU
    Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 11:42am
Avoid getting off Subject ---   SPILL it on here , if something Pizzes you off.----    I'll Start it off -----   Today is my eldest Son's Birthday.
I can't bring myself to tell him ------ I wanted the Cow but not the calf.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 11:57am
He may already be faintly aware of that ?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 12:34pm
We have laws , but very reluctant to enforce them .. What may cost votes makes those decisions.
If it's compulsory to be tested , enforce it.

We make sure we lock up Murderers and Rapists.    They are only breaking the law , the same as people taking / in posession, of illegal drugs.
Or refusing to be tested ( if it was law )
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 1:31pm
Arrogant people piss me off.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 1:36pm
Strive not to be easily peeved, is good advice. Being bugged by things is a double whammy. You have to put up with whatever is bugging you, and also suffer from your own discontent. As they say in the mafia movies, "don't worry about it".
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 1:38pm
Or as John Paul Young sang, "keep on smiling"
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 1:43pm
Or as Acacia Alba says.
Dont get mad. Just get even. Thumbs Up
animals before people.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 4:47pm
A very big debate is Euthanasia.     
Of course, no one wants open slather on such a delicate subject but I also think I should have the right to end the cruel, slow agonising and torturous
smothering , That goes with airways diseases.

I also see staff forcing fluids / foodstuffs into half conscious palliative care patients , as if it si an achievement.        . Removing life support includes all interference with passing away with dignity.
Induced Coma and remove suffering from the time of dying.

Those who don't believe in Euthanasia , have never been a part of the dying process.
All of the If's & But's are relevant , but those required protections are another story.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 4:49pm
Who needs euthanasia when you have COVID herd immunity?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:01pm
The virus is certainly not for the aged or infirm.

This family History seems to be about 2 years .   The West being forewarned , escaped Sars 1 , Mers & Ebols .
Evident that congested areas of people sre not in the best interest.
Probably why the high population of migrant areas in Melbourne are getting hit.
Same for the USA . Larger City residential have crammed living areas.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 6:21pm
Harbour Views. Just blew all my multis.Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 7:20pm
I am peeved by peevish people, and the voices in my head, tell me not to take any notice of the voices in my head. What can I do ?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 7:49pm
That's like some Buddhist koan.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 8:09pm
You read my mind, stayer.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 8:19pm
Who are you referring to when you say "my" "mind", Max.
Deep stuff. Big smile

On topic, one thing that bugs me is the phony spirituality industry, which is all navel gazing, self-affirming tosh. LOL
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Jun 2020 at 8:20pm
Shortest read ever stayer---    He did leave himself open.

Everything displeases me now days ..     Money isnt any good anymore .

Won't be around long enough to spend it.       A blonde no good for similar reasons , ( I'll keep it clean ) or Horlicks will displease me further.    
I still wouldn't be dead for quids.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 12:12am
Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Deep stuff. Big smile

On topic, one thing that bugs me is the phony spirituality industry, which is all navel gazing, self-affirming tosh. LOL

LOL.   Agree .  Such rubiish.   Love how they naval gaze tho.   LOL   And dontcha love how they tell you to meditate.   
Geez,  i was one of those who was told to sit back and meditate.
I lay there and all sorts of things went thru my mind,,,,
But never did I get away from life .  Which they say you should if you " meditate " .
Such tosh. 
animals before people.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 12:33am
Focus on your breathing, AA. That'll stop the pesky life stuff bothering your head. Smile
The "Mindful" movement is the latest.Sleepy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 12:55am
The real "spiritual" people aren't selling books and videos, about the subject, but have retired into their cave, alone.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 1:54am
Lol. I wanted to be a Carmelite monk, until I talked to the heads of the Carmelites of Oz and US. Creeps. Dead
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 10:26am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Originally posted by stayer stayer wrote:

Deep stuff. Big smile

LOL.   Agree .  Such rubiish.   Love how they naval gaze tho.   LOL   And dontcha love how they tell you to meditate.   
Geez,  i was one of those who was told to sit back and meditate.
I lay there and all sorts of things went thru my mind,,,,
But never did I get away from life .  Which they say you should if you " meditate " .
Such tosh. 

Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 11:08am
Lots of things bug me these days . The first of my family arrived here with the 2nd Fleet. They were from the lowest rank of British society and had been oppressed , displaced and exploited all their lives. When they arrived here , for various reasons, they didn’t sit down and whine but saw the opportunities and got of their butts and made a life for themselves .And in the process built a country. It bugs me a lot that I’m supposed to be ashamed of them. I’m actually quite proud . It bugs me that 200+ years later people enjoying all the privileges of the country that they built blame them for the decisions and actions of their oppressors ( The British establishment) . The vast majority of the British people had no political power at all at the time and certainly didn’t benefit financially from the British Empire . The exact opposite in reality. Above all I’m annoyed by people who think the way to fight racism is to be racists themselves. White people are bad and black people are victims is not only ridiculous but racist in the extreme and hugely damaging.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 11:32am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Ah, but they are the world's way of teaching you something, about yourself. The key thing, is to understand why they "piss you off". When you arrive at that understanding, you won't be that "pissed off". The man that really annoys you, and you have the option of ignoring, but don't, is really quite a teacher, he is exhibiting behaviour you disown, in yourself, but nevertheless still have, in unexpressed impulses.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 11:33am
I was just quoting someone else.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 12:19pm
Well put Baguette ...     Shameful when you see the lack of appreciation by the priveliged migrants since WW2 ,    Trying to preach the failings of the very people who assured the world had some peace , after the Hitlers of this world, got their just deserts.

It pizzes me off when the mighty USA is the target of the People they actually saved from extinction.     Plus the Brave Poms who bravely held their ground until their unprepared allies,   Got their act together.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 1:04pm
I am with Baguette here.   My ancestors came , one lot as convicts, and the other lot as free settlers.  Neither lot had it easy, but they worked and helped build this country.
And I am fed up hearing how bad they were and how we must say sorry.
Sorry for what ?  My family didnt do anything  wrong.  They settled here and built this country into a wonderful place, and they started with scrub and black fellas, and very liitle else.
Now it is a wonderful place, those who do nothing but whine want it back, in spite of very little contribution to making it this way.
animals before people.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 2:50pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Well put Baguette ...     Shameful when you see the lack of appreciation by the priveliged migrants since WW2 ,    Trying to preach the failings of the very people who assured the world had some peace , after the Hitlers of this world, got their just deserts.

It pizzes me off when the mighty USA is the target of the People they actually saved from extinction.     Plus the Brave Poms who bravely held their ground until their unprepared allies,   Got their act together.

So what did our boys do? SFA?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 2:56pm
Cut it out Croca .     I'm referrng to the big players of that time .   Russia & all our Allies , did their part .
There were some very dicey times.
My older brothers 2 . were there and paid by never really recovering from malaria & emotional destruction.
Everyone paid a terrible price.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 3:25pm
"We hit the front too soon"

This excuse is a bullgelati excuse.

A piss weak excuse. 

reductio ad absurdum
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2020 at 3:30pm
what about Kingston Town in the cup Djebel? I know Malcolm didn't use it as an excuse but everyone else watching did!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>