Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Anamoe

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Anamoe
    Posted: 11 Oct 2021 at 7:36pm
Brilliant winner of the Caulfield Guineas on Saturday in race record time and now marches on to the Cox Plate which has been confirmed with Williams the rider , big drop in weight at WFA has seen him firm sharply in the market and thrown a whole new dimension into pre- race betting , he's a great chance .
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 3:57pm
Into $ 3-80, keeps firming , any rain and he'll firm ever further imo , he's a damn good colt this fella , my only slight reservation is the fact he's a Nov.16 th foal , can he handle the pressure that comes before the start ( that's if they let people in ) love him.Star
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Oct 2021 at 5:19pm
I actually think the other 3yo is the better winning hope of the two.

Captivant's best two runs have been at 1600m and he looks all over a 2000m horse. Anamoe had a perfect run last start and yet he took the whole straight to grab Captivant.

I also have a feeling that Yendall will go forward on Captivant and put him either in the lead or just behind Callsign Mav, if he goes hard.

Anamoe is a genuine place hope but I have the other 3yo as a better winning hope.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Lord Hybrow View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Lord Hybrow Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 6:31pm
Confirmed himself as a good & proper colt today.  Look forward to seeing him back in the autumn 2022.

Do you think we’ll see him ever run over 2000m again? Or will the marketing division at Darley insist he be restricted to 1400-1600m races? 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 6:36pm
I'd say possibly a run or two into the George Ryder and take it from there LH.

But have been off-base once or twice before.  Embarrassed
jacko1 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jacko1 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 6:40pm
Already a G1 1400m winner at 2. Surely winning a race like the Queen Elizabeth would only enhance his stud value and bring him more exposure? 
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 6:44pm
Star 2yo/Spring 3yo colts from this stable don’t tend to go on with it. Before you call me a nark, I’d like to hear of any that did. He’s been campaigned hard. Had a great chance today with the weight relief he won’t get in the Autumn. Probably seen the best of him. 
Go Flash Go View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Go Flash Go Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 Oct 2021 at 6:51pm
Looked like this horse went in as an after-thought my guess from the way he presented, nice ride too well looked after for what he could get out of him - made it an interesting race Smile
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 12:06am
Not sure where he goes now, but I do know one thing. If Bart or TJ trained him he would be running in the Derby.

He grabs ne as a similar type to Mahogany against a similarly poor generation of staying types. 
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 8:47am
I would have upheld that protest.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 9:01am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Not sure where he goes now, but I do know one thing. If Bart or TJ trained him he would be running in the Derby.

He grabs ne as a similar type to Mahogany against a similarly poor generation of staying types. 

How many successful and super profitable sires did Bart & TJ train? Did they run in the Victoria derby?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Foxseal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Foxseal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 9:18am
Any chance of a return bout with State of Rest in the Mackinnon Stakes in 2 weeks?

That would be an exciting & marketable clash for the VRC Spring Carnival final day.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 9:50am
Is State Of Rest allowed to go the Mackinnon ?

What were the conditions that required the imported runners to only have the one run in Australia ? 
reductio ad absurdum
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 10:13am
I think that was only related to the Melbourne Cup and the second batch of horses arriving in Australia.

The first batch (State of Rest & Gold Trip) were permitted 'one lead up' before the Melbourne Cup.

So I would presume as he is not a Melbourne Cup horse he could have another run.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Foxseal Foxseal wrote:

Any chance of a return bout with State of Rest in the Mackinnon Stakes in 2 weeks?

That would be an exciting & marketable clash for the VRC Spring Carnival final day.
That is more than likely providing alls well imo , failing that , spell , and QE in the Autumn .
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 11:29am
Originally posted by VOYAGER VOYAGER wrote:

Do you think he's capable of winning a Lightning Voyager ? I dont , imo 2000 is the perfect journey for him , he's not a Derby horse .
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 11:49am
Look Carioca - would you of thought Incentivise would stay.

Anamoe has just as much going on in his pedigree to say he should get 2400m.

While his sire was a sprinter he is by Street Cry sire of a Melbourne Cup winner.  His dam won a G1 over 2000m and her sire REdoute's has given us plenty of middle distance types. 

Next dam Voltage is a daughter of Whiskey Road - Strawberry Road and Just a Dash come to mind.  Not to mention a great filly called Whisked dam of a great middle distance horse in Tie the Knot. 

Next dam Electric Belle was a daughter of Sovereign Edition.  Next dam by Hermes, then Summertime, Foxbridge etc.

If you don't at least give him a try over a distance then we will never breed stayers again.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 11:51am
Whether they should wait for the Autumn is another question.  One only the stable can answer.  They know how he pulled up.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 12:02pm
Of course he could get 2400 furious ( In the Autumn ) not over this heart breaking journey of 2500 in late October , how Sky High done it as a November foal was only through the stoutness of his dam Flights Daughter and her mum Flight , Mahogany won a Lightning after his Derby , those type only come along so often like Sky High who did also win ( maybe two lightnings) QE is the perfect race for Anamoe the the Golden Shower as a 4y/o imo.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 2:29pm
Keep going back Furious and you get to Flora McIvor and Manto {18}  Is there an older Australian dam line ?  I don't think so. 

He could win a Derby on class.  He wouldn't be the first.  I don't think they will go there though...

...however if the Flemington Derby were 2000m I reckon he would be a certainty to start, and probably win. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 2:38pm
I doubt you will ever see a 3YO Cox Plate winner backing up in a 2500m Victoria derby again. Not even if Gai trains it. LOL Sorry, low blow. Couldn't resist. Not even Gai trains like Gai these days. Octagonal and Savabeel were the end of the line.

Simon Cameron

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Oct 2021 at 2:53pm
Yes I know Tontonan.  Manto is a favourite line of mine.  Gave us the great stayer Trenton who went out into the world and then paid us back by being in Gainsborough/Hyperion.  It's a female line which just keeps giving. 
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 6:35pm

Big autumn plans for Anamoe with Royal Ascot also in the mix

by Ray Thomas
Royal Ascot is on the line for AnamoeRoyal Ascot is on the line for AnamoeImage: Getty
Anamoe, potentially the best horse James Cummings has trained, could be aimed at Royal Ascot next year.

But Cummings said Anamoe has a big Sydney autumn campaign ahead of him with likely targets including the $4m Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Royal Randwick during The Championships in April.

The outstanding three-year-old proved he is one of the nation’s elite racehorses during spring with his win in the Caulfield Guineas, plus his second placings in the Golden Rose and the Cox Plate, the latter where an unsuccessful protest was lodged against the winner State Of Rest.

“Anamoe has confirmed his status as perhaps the most desirable stallion prospect in the country,’’ Cummings said.

“He has certainly raced his way to having two Group One wins under the bonnet quickly, and they are so hard to win.

“But he has also had placings in a Blue Diamond, Golden Slipper, Golden Rose and Cox Plate.

“They are four absolutely top Group One races and there would not be too many stallion prospects with that sort of record so soon in their race careers.’’

Cummings said “we have some targets” for Anamoe in the autumn and hasn’t ruled out taking the three-year-old overseas to England’s famous Royal Ascot carnival later next year.

“We are looking into it with Anamoe, and perhaps he can have a travelling companion,’’ Cummings said.

“He doesn’t have to go, it might not be next year, it could be the following year.

“But there’s always consideration given to that every time we have a horse emerge of the calibre that we think is impressive enough to put in front of His Highness, Sheikh Mohammed.

“We certainly feel Anamoe fits that category and it would be a matter of whether we decide to head that way when the time comes.’’

There are a number of potentially suitable options for Anamoe at Royal Ascot in June, most notably the Queen Anne Stakes over the straight 1600m course.
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 8:56pm
Would 2s on be a reasonable price for J. Mac. to be the postilian ?
Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 8:42am
Would love to see Chalie Appleby take charge if he were to go overseas. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 8:51am
I will believe it when I see it.Wink

Simon Cameron

Rhino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Rhino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 9:18am
The only reason for him to go would be to make him a desireable NH stallion. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 11:13am
Looking forward to seeing this handsome colt in the mounting yard today , big things are expected in the Autumn so hope all goes well , he won't be wound up as yet but good horses always springs a surprise . StarStarStar
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 12:15pm
I'm a bit worried for him today Carioca.  He's a come from behind and the leaders are streeting them today.
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jan 2022 at 12:28pm
just want to see him getting around safely…bigger fish to fry 
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 9>