Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

ALAN JONES New Life - Event Date: 06 Jul 2020

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Calendar Event: ALAN JONES New Life
    Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:16pm
Alan Jones commences his new contract with SKY at 8 Pm tonight.

Future nights are Monday to Thursday inclusive.

Love him or not .    Alan rates as the Worlds best Orator.   Has ruled the airwaves for years and has an uncanny knowledge on most subjects.

Know for his work ethics . I believe he is a MUST WATCH.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:22pm
I don't get it, Macca. Why the big plug for Alan Jones these days? Is he meant to be an "independent voice" or something? I'll watch tonight to see what the noise is about.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:26pm
Chaff bags to the ready.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:31pm
What a horrendous line-up Murdoch tv has of an evening - squawk squawk squawk squawk. Omigawd.Ouch
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:40pm
I remember years ago my best mate (who has tried all his life to stay lefty because his parents were both La Trobe History/ Art teachers) got bizarrely "angry" about some comment Alan Jones made about Julia G (I think?) being thrown into the sea in a bag? I said it was normal BS radio shock jock rhetoric but he got really worked up and shouted that the guy was obviously a "psychopath" etc. He calmed down after a beer and a song. Is that what you refer to MM? I remember just thinking my mate had gone troppo. 

I prefer Scalia's bag quote.Tongue
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:41pm
Doesn't hurt anyone to hear educated views , whether we agree with them or not.
Jones was the king of radio , unchallenged for generations, he has access to the wide audience.
I often believe he may think he should rule, but rest assured he is a very wise person and his subjects well researched.

I would much prefer to view the "know how" contributions of the Sky commentators , than the empty posts of TLaz on here.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:52pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

What a horrendous line-up Murdoch tv has of an evening - squawk squawk squawk squawk. Omigawd.Ouch

I miss The Bachelor too ... Ouch
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:53pm
He'd better be good tonight, macca. I'd prefer to watch Netflix.
Dr E View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Dr E Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 8:57pm
... and MAFS!

Jones gives it both sides when they fcuk up ... just seems that the Labor/Greens provide a lot more fodder. I have no doubt he will line up on Gladys over the reappointment of Don Harwin - and rightly so. 
In reference to every post in the Trump thread ... "There may have been a tiny bit of license taken there" ... Ok, Thanks for the "heads up" PT!
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 9:55pm
Bolt is looking older. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 9:58pm
Bolt has had a hard time ... Under Police protection half the time .

I
, tipping retirement for him very soon.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 9:59pm
He wouldn't know what to do with himself in retirement. A bit like KRudd.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:15pm
He was going ok until he introduced Mark Latham and scone recipes. And now Latham is talking about "post-modernism" as if it's a new thing. Nup. Changing channels.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:30pm
Geez this is painful macca. Just turned it on again. Bloody awful. Who's this young bloke pretending to know something? Alan's boyfriend?
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:41pm
Ok now I can understand why lefties in Oz think righties are disgusting.Dead
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 10:59pm
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

Doesn't hurt anyone to hear educated views , whether we agree with them or not.
Jones was the king of radio , unchallenged for generations, he has access to the wide audience.
I often believe he may think he should rule, but rest assured he is a very wise person and his subjects well researched.

I would much prefer to view the "know how" contributions of the Sky commentators , than the empty posts of TLaz on here.
All I sae there was a self- preening queen, macca.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 11:04pm
lol....it is that bad, you keep watching, like a car crash. Oh well, I guess it can only improve.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 11:10pm
It was more like a soapy sponge than a car crash. Urgh.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 11:21pm
I'll take evens , a lot of "Dutch Courage" has gone down some necks tonight.      > Not unusual on TBV , which keeps us pizz pots off the Roads.

Life is all about opinions and I think Alan Jones has stolen my posts.

I enjoyed some sense and we were priviliged to have the 2 great orators on tonight
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 11:26pm
Who was the other one? Latham?
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 11:40pm
Latham doesn't drink Stayer----    I was referring to the hyped up members

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jul 2020 at 11:49pm
I don't drink a drop, macca. I get sick about 2-3 hours after drinking alcohol, had to quit completely, not that I ever drank much. Last time I drank half a bottle of wine, finished up in hospital. Doctors can't explain it. 
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 12:01am
I was having a joke with Stayer-----

My drinking finished many years ago but I caned it until then ...

I'm pickled.     Spilt more than most drank.     Ashamed of the wasted time in clubs , Pubs.

One of the hazards of ( Making a Quid ) and not managing it well.

I feel better now --- Having confessed ... I might need a drink tomorrow ,    with the conshions now cleared.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 8:00am
Originally posted by maccamax maccamax wrote:

I'll take evens , a lot of "Dutch Courage" has gone down some necks tonight.      > Not unusual on TBV , which keeps us pizz pots off the Roads.

Life is all about opinions and I think Alan Jones has stolen my posts.

I enjoyed some sense and we were priviliged to have the 2 great orators on tonight

What are your thoughts on the London toilet incident? 

Just wondering how your strong anti-same sex couples stance marries up with AJs 'sexuality issues'.  

IMO and FWIW, I think it's sad that a man is forced into a position where he feels he must hide his sexuality because of his political views.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 12:54pm
From memory , many years ago Jones was finally found not guilty, of procuring a male for homo sexual purposes.    End of that story.

I've never doubted anyone's skills or educational values or ability to excel in any paid ,legal, Positions in life , = Due to sexual preferences.
Bi or Homosexual behaviour is a massive Health Issue.
Proven by the Pandemic of HIV/AIDS that still ravages the planet.

I don't encourage physical harm to the abnormals, But I shudder at how YES voters , were so ignorant of the dangers they encouraged.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 1:02pm
I'm sure when he dies, the biography will be interesting. And to think he was a top-level Rugby coach as well. Too bad the chaff bag comment left an indelible stain.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 1:03pm
The majority of AIDS cases are heterosexual.

Simon Cameron

maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 1:14pm
That is totally wrong Tlaz --- You know it as does the world ...

It is a "gay" Disease
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 1:21pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

I'm sure when he dies, the biography will be interesting. And to think he was a top-level Rugby coach as well. Too bad the chaff bag comment left an indelible stain.

They may bury him face down , so his close friends will recognise him .

But we can't dispute the brains of the man. he is up front , says it as he sees it , without fear or favour and on reflection, He won the battles he faced over being honest and at time he retired, on 4 million a year.

He jumps straight into the NO 1 spot at SKY .   I ask you ,    Can anyone be more successful.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2020 at 1:24pm
I know you can't teach an old maccamax new tricks but for my own satisfaction.Wink

Worldwide, more than 80 percent of all adult HIV infections have resulted from heterosexual intercourse.(1)

https://aidsinfo.nih.gov/news/168/hiv-aids-statistics

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  12>