Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

AFL 2022 - Official thread

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Mar 2022 at 8:17pm
SC. No I am not, I doubt Essendon will make the Eight. I am more interested on profitable punting on the gallops these days than whether a football team wins or loses.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 4:16pm
What a sudden change of heart Bob, you were very pumped and bullish about the Dons six months ago.  Wink

However if you're primarily back on the punt there's an undeniable edge that's available to you; just PM me seeking my perpetually profitable prognostications each Saturday morning.  Big smile    

horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 5:02pm
Are your prognostications profitable by ignoring them?

LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 5:14pm
LOL  Thumbs Up....I think.  Embarrassed
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 5:58pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

What a sudden change of heart Bob, you were very pumped and bullish about the Dons six months ago.  Wink

However if you're primarily back on the punt there's an undeniable edge that's available to you; just PM me seeking my perpetually profitable prognostications each Saturday morning.  Big smile    

SC, I would not even back my own selections, let alone yours or any body else's,  I take a mathematical approach to punting, that is why I am a winner. Law of probability .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Mar 2022 at 6:38pm
And almost needless to say an arguable lack of genuine humor doesn't apparently intrude or affect your self-acclaimed punting success mate.  Big smile
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 10:20pm
Buddy!!!!

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 10:25pm
 What a ridiculous thing to do, to allow everyone on the field. 

If the game was closer, it would be detrimental to the other side.

Except it's Geelong...so who cares...

Ermm

Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 10:28pm
 Covid central...

a joke...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 10:45pm
That crowd invasion would not happen at the MCG, but to promote the AFL in Sydney it was allowed.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 11:16pm
Is that provable Bob ? 

How would they stop them ? 
reductio ad absurdum
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 11:22pm
Players to Kick 1000+ Goals in the VFL/AFL

**goal accuracy in brackets**

1. Tony Lockett: 1,360 goals / 590 behinds (69.74%)

2. Gordon Coventry: 1,299 goals / behinds not known

3. Jason Dunstall: 1,254 goals / 641 behinds (66.17%)

4. Doug Wade: 1,058 goals / behinds not known

5. Gary Ablett Snr: 1,031 goals / 690 behinds (59.90%)

6. Lance Franklin: 1,000 goals / 701 behinds (58.78%)
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2022 at 11:50pm
Buddy 1000
Security 0
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 6:45am
"Glad they interviewed him with the extra length microphone. Wouldn’t want him to get too close to anyone."

"Buddy ruled out in Rnd 3 due to " Health Protocols ""

"1000 goals for buddy and 1000s new covid cases for Sydney"
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 8:45am
Ted Potter - Collingwood - 182 games -0 goals - number of attempts to kick goals unknown.Big smile
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Is that provable Bob ? 

How would they stop them ? 
Much better security with ground invasion fine of $5000 at MCG. They should have cleared the ground in 10 minutes. Why were they allowed to stay on the ground for so long creating the longest quarter in AFL / VFL history. 
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 12:40pm
Originally posted by jujuno jujuno wrote:

Covid central...

a joke...

Sorta like the "game" Big smile points for missing . LOLLOLLOLLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2022 at 6:46pm
Let's go the early crow relative theme songs:

"Good Old Collingwood Forever, They know how to play the game" 

"See the Bombers fly up, up down, down; To win the premiership flag dreaded wooden spoon".

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 10:41am
 We're not playing that well, yet, SC. Beating St Kilda and the Crows...in which game, in one quarter, we struggled to score a goal...is not a yardstick.

The young guys are looking good, but it's a long season and some of our 'nemesis' opponents are yet to be faced.

But it's enjoyable, winning.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2022 at 1:13pm
was going to go to the races next weekend but I've had my arm twisted, we are heading to the G next Sunday to watch my Blues take on the Hawks. Majority of my family are Hawks supporters so it should be an interesting day. Both teams look in good form.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 1:48pm

'Warner can’t recall much of what happened immediately after the ball left Franklin’s boot, as most of the 36,578 fans in attendance rushed the field - aside from remembering the man of the moment was just out of reach, and feeling overwhelmed by a strange combination of euphoria and fear.

“I was thinking, ‘If I go down here, it could be a bit dangerous.’ The initial part of the moshpit, you had to use a fair bit of strength to get yourself up,” Warner said.

“When I tried to get to him, I just saw this drink get thrown, stuff going everywhere - I didn’t get hit by it luckily, but I assume a few beers were poured on him. I saw a little kid go down, then he just vanished; I don’t know what happened to him. It was total chaos. Obviously, everyone wanted to get to Lance, but the crowd was loving [all the players] they went past. It was just a good atmosphere in there.” '

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Mar 2022 at 1:54pm
 What would have been the reaction if that little kid had got hurt? 

I can't think of a more irresponsible thing I've ever seen on a football field...just because Buddy was the sixth person to kick 1000 goals.

Covid spreader, potential spectator injury, possibly even Buddy injured...again. 

Where was the sensible sane thinking in all this? Gil Mac should step down and let someone else run the show. 

'Warner stumbled across Ollie Florent in the thick of the madness.

“I was getting pushed over, I was on my back at one stage,” Florent said. “I was like, ‘Chad, Chad, get me up!’ And he went full hero mode, moved people out the way and got me up.” '

Censored

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Apr 2022 at 1:18am
Port Adelaide are now 0-4 after their first 4 games and history says its going to be tough for them to make the finals. Since 2000, just 1 out of 33 teams have made the finals when starting the season at 0-4. That one team was Sydney (2017) who ended up making the semi finals and lost to Geelong at the MCG by 59 points. What's interesting is that in that year Sydney ended up losing their first 6 games of the season and then won 14 out of 16 games to make the finals.
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 10:25am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Let's go the early crow relative theme songs:

"Good Old Collingwood Forever, They know how to play the game" 

"See the Bombers fly up, up down, down; To win the premiership flag dreaded wooden spoon".

SC, You know I do not bet much on AFL and prefer the gallops but what odds will you give me that Essendon will NOT win the wooden spoon ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Apr 2022 at 11:30am
Sorry Bob, aren't fielding on that race.
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 3:09am
A rare win for my team Richmond against West Coast in Perth, I was at Optus Stadium. Also, good to see Josh Kennedy kick his 700th goal - great effort.

#WestCoastVsRichmond #OptusStadium #FridayNightFootball #Round7
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 11:02am
 West coast bring all the covid recoverers back in, then get flogged two weeks in a row.

Wish we'd met them this week instead of three weeks ago.

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Apr 2022 at 1:31pm
West Coast more like Wet Toast
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 1:35am
The round 7 match on Sunday between the Western Bulldogs and Essendon on 1st of May will be the 1000th match at Marvel Stadium. Known officially as Docklands Stadium, the venue has had many naming rights changes over the years: Colonial Stadium, Telstra Dome, Etihad Stadium and now currently as Marvel Stadium. Fitting that Essendon will play in the 1000th match at the venue because they played in the very first match at Docklands on the 9th of March, 2000 against Port Adelaide. In that game the Bombers scored 24.12 (156) and defeated Port Adelaide: 8.14 (62)

#Docklands #Round7 #ThousandthGame
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 May 2022 at 1:36am
Give P Cripps the Brownlow now.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 9>