Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

AFL 2019/20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 28>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 12:10am
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Oh shyte.

Ok my mob Collingwood isn't much good, but to make matters worse it appears Baghdad Bob's Essendon might well blow the Woods away today.  Ouch  And the Dons are no effing good.  Angry 

But what's worst of all Bob will have bragging rights for the considerable and foreseeable future if his motley crew get up.  Could anyone lend me a cut-throat razor, just in case....Cry

Neither Collingwood or Essendon will play any part in this year's finals, but in 2 to 3 years Essendon, with its current group of young players will be a final four side.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 11:33am
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

So you reckon some AFLW players might be lesbians Bob.  And someone even suggested to me that a heap of female tennis players, basketballers and caucasian golfers might be similarly inclined.  

Well I'll be damned, who would've thought?  Shocked

SC, this letter to the Editor was in today's press.....

INTERESTING the red carpet for the AFLW awards didn’t feel the need to include partners, whereas the AFL awards include partners as playing a prominent role. Makes you wonder how far we’ve come in extinguishing the stereotyping role of women.

Judy Robinson, Maryborough

Following that comment by Judy Robinson above, this was in today's press by another contributor..

ALSO interesting, Judy Robinson, (50/50, 22/4) is some AFLW players proudly stood on the red carpet with their same-sex partner. Wonder if any AFL players will ever be seen at the Brownlow with a male partner?

Sonia, Mornington

I cannot wait until the Red Carpet Parade on Brownlow night later this year .Wink

Baghdad Bob

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2021 at 12:54pm

Am at the very end of the St Kilda pier atm, just in case anyone close at hand could give me a decent nudge.  Dead

We may as well get used to it. If the club doesn't bring in some experience and we have to rely on young 'talent' like Trey Ruscoe, we are stuffed.  I also kept wondering where Will Kelly was hiding. As for the performances of some of our more senior players...Steele had the worst half of football I've ever seen from him, seeming to be 'the mock' every time he went near the ball in the first two quarters. He improved just slightly in the second half, but it's been noticeable how quiet he's been since he came back into the side. Hope it's just that he's not fully recovered, rather than on the wane. 

Some fans are braying for the heads of 'The Hyphen' WHE, Josh Thomas and Callum Brown, but we don't have decent replacements. The cupboard is bare. Young Poulter has been impressive in VFL, but more youngsters coming in could be even more disastrous. 

Cox should never have been dropped. He's a defender magnet, which frees up Mihocek and de Goey, when he's around. The usual main problem with our forward line is the disgraceful slow service from the midfield. It was slightly better yesterday. 

As for the Darcy Moore change of position...if we could clone him, that would be the solution. He's good up forward, but great out back. Unfortunately, he can't solve our main problem, which is the fact we are so slow, both in foot-speed and getting the ball to where it should be. The most impressive goals we scored yesterday were the first two (fastest) ones...but it didn't last long.  

Essendon aren't that great...but we made them look better...

My two cents worth...or two dollars worth...
 Ouch
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 10:27pm
Is the pressure AFL coaches are under affecting their personal lives ?  In the past few years coaches have suffered mentally Hird & Laidley are prime examples and only this year Buckley, Hardwicke and Goodwin have separated from their wives.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 8:28pm
Collingwood lead by 15 points at half-time and 12 points at 3/4 time in a very low scoring game today, only to get done by a point. Shades of its Grand Final defeat not so long ago when Buckley inexplicably went defensive after half-time and unquestionably cost the team a Premiership.

This most famous club is sadly a shambles at the moment, both on and off the field.  Cry

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 9:56pm
Absolute garbage from the MRO giving Nick Holman 2 weeks for as good a tackle as you'd see
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 11:11pm

Collingwood lead by 15 points at half-time and 12 points at 3/4 time in a very low scoring game today, only to get done by a point. Shades of its Grand Final defeat not so long ago when Buckley inexplicably went defensive after half-time and unquestionably cost the team a Premiership.

This most famous club is sadly a shambles at the moment, both on and off the field.  Cry

the ending of the game today was almost a duplicate of the 2018 GF, including the umps not giving an obvious free in the dying stages...

kicking backwards just makes me want to scream, let alone watching the defense not know how to kick the ball out from the square...

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 12:34pm

And while Bob's here, something seriously wrong when his team leads by 6 1/2 goals at half-time only to get done by the Hawks.  In today's game, largely dominated as it is by defence, that simply shouldn't happen.

Coach said his team just got "too cute".  w-t-f does that mean?

So was it a case of the too cutes, poor coaching, poor application, or a case of too cutes, poor coaching and poor application?  Ermm

SC, poor coaching and poor application ? Whatever their coach is doing seems to be working out okay, right now. First time in two seasons the Eagles have been beaten in a home and away game by an opposition.  In three of their six losses they have been beaten by lees than one goal. I still believe this season is a dummy run for the flag in 2022 and 2023, by then those ageing Richmond and Geelong will be well on the downhill run.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 9:08pm
Ok they were good last week, but just how many times have Carlton led at half-time, and 3/4 time, only to be comprehensively over-run over the final stanza?  There surely must be a reason or reasons other than ability.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 9:27pm
Eagles much the same SC
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 11:43pm
Outside of three or four good teams and three or four at the bottom of the ladder the rest of the teams are fairly even and can put in a good game as much as a bad game from one week to the next.
If you want to compare the NRL to the AFL, there are only two teams in the NRL who can perform week in and week out and everyone knows who they are .
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 4:03pm

AFL club Adelaide concede they failed to live up to community standards after it was found players and staff did not correctly wear face masks on a flight home from Sydney.

The Crows played Richmond at Giants Stadium last Sunday and flew back to Adelaide directly after the match in western Sydney.

But the club received a tip-off from a passenger onboard the flight, claiming several members of the group were not appropriately wearing masks.

The AFL and Crows investigated, with the club fined $50,000 as a result.

The full financial penalty will now be included in Adelaide's football department soft cap this year.

AFL general counsel Andrew Dillon said there was no excuse for not abiding by the applicable regulations.

"First and foremost, we all have a very clear responsibility to ensure we do everything we can to best protect the health and well-being of our family, friends and everyone in the community," Dillon said.

"The rule here is clear and has been in place for some time and there is simply no excuse for not abiding by it.

"We will not compromise the health and well-being of the community, and remind everyone in the industry - players, coaches, officials and staff - that they have a responsibility to adhere to the rules for the safety of everyone."

Adelaide chief executive Tim Silvers said the club accepted the penalty and needs to do better.

"We are well aware of our responsibilities and the need to adhere to guidance and protocols put in place by the AFL and health authorities," Silvers said.

"We failed in this area and we would like to apologise to the other passengers on the plane.

"Our club accepts the AFL's penalty and from top to bottom owns this error in judgement.

"We were complacent and this matter must serve as a reminder to be vigilant in playing our part to try and limit the spread of COVID-19.

"It is a privilege to be playing games during these challenging times and we acknowledge the government requirement for people to wear face masks in airports and on all domestic commercial flights."

The Crows host Collingwood at Adelaide Oval on Saturday, with the Magpies receiving South Australian government exemptions to fly in and out on game day.

Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 6:45pm
 the ball went into the crowd....and everyone ducked...lol...

Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 6:49pm
saw that SleepyClapSleepy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 7:19pm
The good news is that my mob Collingwood lead by 4 goals at quarter time.  The bad news is that there's three quarters left for us to be first overtaken and then ultimately beaten.

And if that happens I might just support the petition calling for an EGM with a view to installing a new President, Board and coaching panel.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 7:24pm
 they are already giving a scare...let Adelaide back in for two quick goals.

The same pattern every week.  It is definitely a problem.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 7:36pm
 they're Colliwobbling...and I thought I'd never use that term...

they are mercurial...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 8:15pm
fifteen 50 entries to 9...

lucky that Tex has the yips.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 8:26pm
When Collingwood lead by 4 goals at quarter time you could have backed the Crows at  $ 3.10, as I posted the Pies are $ 4.50... all with Sportsbet. If you timing was right Winkyou could have backed both sides and doubled your money whoever wins.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 8:27pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

When Collingwood lead by 4 goals at quarter time you could have backed the Crows at  $ 3.10, as I post** the Pies are $ 4.50... all with Sportsbet. If you timing was right Winkyou could have backed both sides and doubled your money whoever wins.

** post this
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 8:41pm
just saw an Adelaide woman in the crowd wearing oven mitts LOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 8:49pm
Although it is goal for goal, the overall standard of game is 30/100
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:04pm
Originally posted by Shawy38 Shawy38 wrote:

just saw an Adelaide woman in the crowd wearing oven mitts LOL

Like some of the Collingwood tall forwards?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:14pm
Well we thankfully fell over the line.  Which may be a blessing or...
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2021 at 9:38pm
 thank god for Jamie Elliott's return. Someone who knows how to kick goals.

Lucky, though. If Tex had got half that he missed we would have lost.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 8:01pm
The serial Final Quarter weakies West Coast clearly win the battle over the chronic Final Quarter capitulators Carlton.
parisaffair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote parisaffair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 1:00pm
Bucks  Gone
harness racing...a bit of action after dark
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 3:11pm
 it was inevitable. The pressure from fans and the media made it impossible to keep going. 

Eddie never helped his cause, with all those racist controversies. And the 'deal' done in 2011 always hung over his head.

Great bloke, wonderful footballer...but his coaching style seemed to hinge on over-analysis and copying other coaches methods. That incessant handballing and slow decision-making by the players was killing us. He got enthusiasm from his recruits, because they worshipped him, but it would have been better to have made peace with the Heath Shaws and other good players who he shifted on. 

I would like to thank him for the Mason Cox experiment...if nothing else, it was vastly entertaining. Let's hope the new coach gets more out of the lanky yank, because he is still value.

<3  Broken Heart
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 3:13pm
Bucks heading to the Blue's as an assistant?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 3:19pm
Lost his missus, half-lost his kids, lost his President, lost the players, lost his job.  Not a real great year.

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 2021222324 28>