Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

AFL 2019/20/21

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 5:16pm
Gee there’s been some round one flops from teams with lofty ambitions- Crows, Dees, Eagles- but the Bombers look dreadful.
Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 5:23pm
I seen a star :  the Sydney Swans Nick Blakey.

Was that his debut ?  I think it was.  

Great skills, poise, pedigree.  
JudgeHolden View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote JudgeHolden Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 5:34pm
Taranto’s good, will be a star. Caniglio already is. They didn’t half stockpile some talent, the Giants. Didn’t seem too fussed losing Shiels. Gave Scully away. Just need to stay healthy now.
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Mar 2019 at 9:12pm
Bombers need the magic juice back in them again, that was woeful for a team with high expectations
EAD
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 8:18am
I do think you can read a lot into early body language.
You can see it when the teams first come out onto the ground, round one.
What teams look ready and focused.

Essendon dawdled out onto the crowd and played as such.

GWS looked super focused and ready.

I would forgive the Eagles at this stage.

Geelong looked very focused and ready.

Swans were terrible. They arent even half the 2012 side they were. 
Happy to write them off. Maybe limp to 9th, 8th.

Lions will make the finals. Will win enough home games and grab a few wins in Melbourne, etc.

Crows are gone. 2017 Grand Final hurt them. Havent been the same since.

GWS look super impressive.
It was only 18 months ago they played good against Tigers in the Prelim at MCG.
Last year, average.
Ready again now.

Psychology is huge in AFL, as its an extremely testing and taxing sport physically.
If you aint ready in the heart and head, you cant get near top 4.

Based on that alone, Geelong and GWS are the standouts so far.
Geelong will win about 9 home games, so thats 36 points, then add another maybe 6 away wins, so add 24 points, should finish around 60 points.

Port will finish far higher than Crows.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 8:28am
Oh and a mention to Hawthorn.
Write them off at your own peril.
Such a professional club, so well coached.
Amazing history, they always seem to be in it.
Can indeed make finals.
If they dont have the talent, they find a way through clever strategy and heart.

Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 8:40am
Redemption, what's your opinion of the dogs? I truly believe they will win the premiership. You too? 

Mayor
Mayor
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:24am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Similar promo to the NRL one available here too. Lead by 12+ at the end of any quarter and you win. Haven’t done the stats on this one but suspect it will be just as juicy.

There are now multiple promos floating around the corporate world which suggest it is going to be a VERY profitable season.

BetEasy double winnings promo the easiest to arb and very juicy. Combine with the previously mentioned SportsBet promo as well as B365 up by 30+ at any time you win.

As predicted an absolute goldmine. Arbed all games for a total profit of $185 per account. Had a couple of games go close to hitting the Sportsbet promo too. Can see that hitting many times during the season too.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:28am
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Essendon to win flag
Brisbane to make the top 8 as the big improver this year.

Richmond, Collingwood, Geelong, West Coast, Melbourne, will all feature strongly again.

Essendon v West Coast grand final.
Essendon to win.

Essendon will make the top 4 on the ladder, for the next 5 years in a row.

Brisbane is the smokey team this year. They will win plenty, to finish around 7th or 8th.

Get on the Bombers now at the good odds.LOL
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:32am
Originally posted by Mayor Mayor wrote:

Redemption, what's your opinion of the dogs? I truly believe they will win the premiership. You too? 

Mayor

Hi Mayor, Big smile

They do appear to have brought back the 2016 slick handballs, in and around packs.
Teams will have to play damn good to beat them this year.

They made Swans look ordinary for most of the game.

Do they have the backline and forward power?
It may not matter, because 2016 proved that great handballing can win the flag.
They do seem very switched on early, which is a great sign.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Mar 2019 at 9:37am
Bombers looked unfit, lethargic.
Played with zero spirit.

Will they come good, or do they have culture issues?

I think they will come good, but geez, they have set an early task looking so pathetic.
Cant seem them turning it around within 3 weeks.

Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 2:58pm
Thanks Redemption, I'm very excited as to what the future holds. Footscray is life. Big smile

It's hard to gauge isn't it. I just can't get a handle on how good Sydney are this year. They still have most of their big guns and the young kids look good. So maybe there is some merit in our win. If not for fatigue in the last quarter, we probably could have won by more.

Hawks are a massive challenge this week. I can understand if most people pick them to win.
Mayor
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 3:04pm
Just on the off chance, if anyone would like to write articles on AFL for Villagebet.com.au please let me know. Your authorship will be fully acknowledged and help towards your burgeoning journalist career.

I would prefer a preview type of article in the middle of the week for the upcoming weekend's fixtures.

Let me know if interested. Email:  admin@villagebet.com.au

Thank you, Mayor
Mayor
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 3:09pm
Dont really bother with AFL too much. However, if its anything like NRL the first 3 or 4 rounds mean absolutely squat all to how things pan out across a season. To start writing off a teams chances after one game is , in Rustys words,"plain stupid". The most relevant post from those above would be Tlazz saying take the overs on Essendon  Thumbs Up
Refer ALP Election Promises
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 3:27pm
Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Dont really bother with AFL too much. However, if its anything like NRL the first 3 or 4 rounds mean absolutely squat all to how things pan out across a season. To start writing off a teams chances after one game is , in Rustys words,"plain stupid". The most relevant post from those above would be Tlazz saying take the overs on Essendon  Thumbs Up

Although I read somewhere this week that teams starting 0-2 in AFL never win the premiership. Doesn't sound right but I think that's what I read. Or was it NRL? Information overload- memory fail.Wacko
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 4:55pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Originally posted by oneonesit oneonesit wrote:

Although I read somewhere this week that teams starting 0-2 in AFL never win the premiership. Doesn't sound right but I think that's what I read. Or was it NRL? Information overload- memory fail.Wacko

Four of the 122 VFL/AFL premiers have started their premiership season 0-2; North Melbourne in both 1999 and 1975, the Western Bulldogs in 1954 and Carlton in 1945.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 7:32pm
Just looking at last year. Grand Finalists Collingwood got toweled up in their first 2 games - 101 to 67 vs Hawks & 95 to 79 GWS. Premiers West Coast got flogged by Sydney 115 to 86. Sure both would have had similar knockers then - that's all I'm saying.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 7:33pm
When you're a Lions supporter you take whatever you can get. A win over the reigning premiers will do nicely.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 7:42pm
Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

When you're a Lions supporter you take whatever you can get. A win over the reigning premiers will do nicely.

Amen... Big chance to win this week too
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Mar 2019 at 8:48pm
The big improvers the Lions. As mentioned above, they will win enough home games and should be able to get wins against Gold Coast, St,Klida and maybe Carlton away to give the at least 48 points which will have them somewhere near the eight and they just needs to snag a couple of wins against some underachievers maybe Swans away.

West Coast I think were just ambushed. They will bounce back.

I think people forget that last year GWS had some long term injuries early in the season and just had to much ground to make up, and they were good in the back end of the season. No doubt they are a top eight team this year.

Carlton did their old trick from last year. They were blown away early and then played three quarters of the game matching it with Richmond. They seem to me to be a team who either do not listen to the coach and the game plan, or are incapable of staying true to the game plan, at least for the whole match, but when they do the right thing they are capable of matching the better teams.

Hawthorn surprised me but as a Hawks fan I will take their form at face value.

Essendon and North Melbourne need to find form quickly, because those two teams have shown over the last few seasons, that they can not overcome slow starts to the season, so they need to get back to their best quickly.
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 6:02pm

Similar promo to the NRL one available here too. Lead by 12+ at the end of any quarter and you win. Haven’t done the stats on this one but suspect it will be just as juicy.

There are now multiple promos floating around the corporate world which suggest it is going to be a VERY profitable season.

BetEasy double winnings promo the easiest to arb and very juicy. Combine with the previously mentioned SportsBet promo as well as B365 up by 30+ at any time you win.

As predicted an absolute goldmine. Arbed all games for a total profit of $185 per account. Had a couple of games go close to hitting the Sportsbet promo too. Can see that hitting many times during the season too.

Double winnings only on 3 games this week and only for $25 max bet. Still worth at least $30 per account if you’re arbing. They probably realise the hammering they took especially with 6 or 9 underdogs getting up.

Will play these explosively with the SportsBet lead by 12+ promos unless there is a big price discrepancy.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 6:02pm
Ahhh “exclusively”.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 6:29pm
Originally posted by Heavy10 Heavy10 wrote:

Originally posted by TJMitchell TJMitchell wrote:

Amen... Big chance to win this week too

Could go either way this one. North will come out swinging that's for sure. Still as you say we're a massive chance for 2-0.
Mayor View Drop Down
Admin Group
Admin Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Mayor Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 Mar 2019 at 9:01pm
Hmm.. maybe the North boys are discovering what a grumpy old man Brad is and not putting in any effort. Hard to imagine a dejected team beating an upbeat team full of confidence.

Edited by Mayor - 27 Mar 2019 at 9:02pm
Mayor
TIGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TIGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 7:49am
Go the Crows
EAD
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 8:35am
Lions are bet of the round.
Cant believe they are paying $2

They are full of spirit at the moment, and they arent exactly hacks either.
They swarm to tackle, have a bunch of players that can kick sausages.

North coming back from a long miserable trip in Perth.

Lions to win, and easily.

On another note, its interesting the bookies odds for the cats v demons game
Cats beat Pies. Demons lost to Port at MCG, yet bookies have Demons quite tight in the market, at around $2.30 etc.

Going by that, I would say the bookies actually have Demons as favourites to win this one, if you know what I mean.
They are certainly rating it a very close contest.
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 9:16am
I think there are some generous prices around. Not sure if you know Redemption but I was told Lions were $2.80 early??

GWS look overs for mine
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 Mar 2019 at 1:29pm
I agree GWS. They are overs.
They have talent all over the ballpark, and are very switched on already.
Sitting on top of ladder, they board the plane with chins up, ready for a big game.

They are the other great bet this round.

Tontonan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tontonan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 3:55pm
Something to crow about -  53,034 at the Adelaide Oval for the women's AFL grand final.  That's huge.  
Heavy10 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Heavy10 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 Mar 2019 at 4:47pm
Come on you Lions!!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>