Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > International Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Adayar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:00pm
Hello,
maybe its a bit off topic.

I have sad news, a descent of the same family, see below, doesn't live anymore. 

In 2018 Billesdon Brook (by Champs Elysee) another family member, won a "Classic Race", the "Oaks"and several other Group races and got some placings ran until as 5 year old with 26 starts,
7 wins (including 1000 Guineas, Sun Chariot Stakes etc.), 7 second, 3 third.

kind regards, Ticino
She had only 1 foal by (Dubawi) and was euthanized 10th May 2022.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 May 2022 at 11:27pm
What a dreadful loss for her owners so early in her breeding career Cry
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 1:29am

Looks set to kick off his 4yo prep @ Ascot n defend his crown in the G1 King George (27th July)

Very good field too including the Derby winner Desert Crown who currently holds favouritism 

Adayar currently $7.00 !! 

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 3:46am
I doubt he will be ready.

Something is not quite right with Adayer and Hurricane Lane.

reductio ad absurdum
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jun 2022 at 4:09pm

Let’s wait n see apparently had a cough (some respiratory issues) n bulked right up just couldn’t get enough work into him in time for the Coronation - Prince Of Wales 

So maybe a delay in proceedings to build back race fitness n hopefully he’s good to go 

I really hope so cause I’ve backed him in the ARC ($26.00 - $7.25) is insane odds for a horse this good !! 

Only has to show up in the King George in good knick n that price will trim right up imho 

Re Hurricane Lane never understood the wraps Appleby had on him Adayar Star the better horse in my book !! 

AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jul 2022 at 9:55pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

I doubt he will be ready.

Something is not quite right with Adayer and Hurricane Lane.

Good call Djebel 

Charlie Appleby opting to bypass Royal Ascot in order to allow Adayar more time to get back to full fitness

When we might see him next !! 

Juddmonte International Stakes 17th August @ York setting up a mouth watering clash with Baaeed !! 

Irish Champion Stakes 10th September @ Leopardstown 

Then the ARC 2nd October !! 

AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 1:35pm

Adayar lined up for September return after pleasing in first workout since May

Adayar came through his first piece of work since mid-May on Wednesday morning and is showing promise ahead of an autumn campaign, Charlie Appleby has revealed.

The trainer gave an update on some of his big-name charges from the Goodwood winner's enclosure after Secret State won the opening handicap to put his name in the frame for the Great Voltigeur next month.

A respiratory infection knocked Adayar out of his early-season target, the Coronation Cup, and last year's Derby winner has done little since. But Appleby hopes to have him ready for the September Stakes at Kempton.

"Adayar had his first bit of work this morning and I'm delighted with him," the trainer said. "He's due to be stepped up at the weekend.

"You're all going to ask, where is he going? I don't want to tell him that because every time I put him on the runners list, something seems to go wrong.

"I'll probably look towards Kempton for the September Stakes, hopefully as a prep for the Champion Stakes. A big thing I've always wanted to do this year is drop him back to a mile and a quarter.

"I think it's well within his compass and it'll be good for him. But more importantly, he's the Adayar we were seeing in March, so we're delighted.

"I'm not saying he definitely won't do the Arc. After the September Stakes, we'll make a call but the 1m2f interests me and the Arc will most likely be soft ground again, which isn't to his liking. The ground for Champions Day, we'll see.

"That's his first bit of work since three or four weeks before the Coronation Cup. It's taken us all this time. We haven't been pushing him at all. We've all said, he'll tell us when he's ready and he's been showing us that the last three weeks.

"He was coughing in the spring, unfortunately got a bit of an infection on his lung that was treated. He went in his coat, he lost all of his demeanour and he normally has a great demeanour, some presence.

"He's shown us that in the last month and the last three weeks he's really been putting his toe out there. That's what gave me the encouragement to let him have a little spin along the grass this morning and he was in good order.

"I haven't even put him on a runners list at home because I'm a superstitious old bugger and I thought, if I do that, he'll start coughing again."

While Adayar appears set to miss the Arc, Hurricane Lane is an intended runner, so long as the ground has some cut. Appleby blamed ground he feels was much faster than officially described for the horse's flop in the Grand Prix de Saint-Cloud.

"He's come out of that race with no issues at all. Simply, he won't run again until the ground changes.

"It was described as soft – we knew it was never going to be that. William [Buick] knew on the way to post that the alarm bells were ringing. When you've run a horse like that twice on quick ground, it wasn't ideal.

"He's in full work, never missed a beat, but you won't see him until he gets his ground. I'm aiming at the Prix Foy but if it's good to firm, he won't be going there either.

"I would love to get him in the Arc, on the back of what we saw at Ascot, with Torquator Tasso running so well. Last year's Arc was rock-solid form.

"His Hardwicke run was great, we were expecting a natural progression but we were just unfortunate with the circumstances we met."

Appleby now has two potential candidates for the Prix Jacques le Marois in the middle of August, as Coroebus could go there, having missed the Sussex Stakes with a late setback. Native Trail was Godolphin's original contender for the Deauville race but might now be diverted to York.

"We will make the decision nearer the time of whether the team would like us to run the two. I see no reason why Native Trail couldn't run in the Juddmonte. He was outstayed in the Eclipse by good horses but he didn't not stay himself."

Plz Baaeed win the Juddmonte then the Champion Stakes before going to STUD 

N plz Appleby run Adayar in the Champion Stakes 

I wanna see these 2 clash sooooooooo bad !! 

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 2:15pm
Charlie is having a strange year.

PLenty of promising young ones to keep excited but the big guns are off.

I'd like to see this bloke have 3 runs if he comes back at all.

Irish Champion Stakes.

Champion Stakes

Breeders Cup Turf

Not sure despite winning twice last year over the Derby trip that he does in fact stay 2400m.

reductio ad absurdum
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 29 Jul 2022 at 4:24pm

Hmmmm I’m not sure I think he stays 2400m but more brutal over 2000m 

Big heavy horse n definately prefers being on top of the ground (use that turn of foot) 

Baaeed has to win the Juddmonte to head towards the Champion Stakes if he gets beat will more then likely drop back to the mile QE II for his swansong !! 

You just never know if he’ll peak 100 out or if he’ll be even more savage 

If I was Baaeed tho I ’d be very weary of an up n running Adayar 

If I was Adayar I’d be very weary of Baaeed LOL

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Sep 2022 at 12:39am
Back on Thursday at Doncaster over 2000m. 
reductio ad absurdum
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 5:37pm

Nice little pipe opener !! 

AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Sep 2022 at 5:42pm

Adayar Victorious in Return From 11-Month Layoff

Charlie Appleby hinted Adayar  could return to Ascot for the Qipco Champion Stakes (G1) next month after a smooth comeback victory on Sept. 8.

Adayar won the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Qipco Stakes (G1) over 12 furlongs at the track last summer, having also landed the Cazoo Derby (G1) at the same trip, and his odds for the Qatar Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe (G1) were cut to 10-1 (from 25) by Coral.

But his trainer is eyeing the 10-furlong showpiece on Champions Day, for which he is a 6-1 chance with Coral, believing that test will suit the 4-year-old, and mindful that a group 1 success at the shorter trip will boost his appeal as a stallion.

Racing over the shorter distance was no handicap as the Godolphin colt returned from 11 months out of action in the £50,000 Hilton Garden Inn Doncaster Conditions Stakes.

Held up by William Buick and still last entering the home straight, he cruised through to see off his two useful rivals by 3 3/4 lengths and six lengths at odds of 2-7.

Although keen to stress that Longchamp was still an option for a colt who finished fourth there last year, Appleby said: "Hand on heart, I'd like to see this horse in the Champion Stakes. 

"I'm not taking the Arc out of the equation by any stretch of the imagination, but I've always been looking for that mile and a quarter for him. 

"I think it will suit him. He's a supreme traveler, he traveled in the Arc—if you were a betting man turning in you'd have had your house on him."

The trainer admitted Adayar had been through harder workouts at home than in his first race of 2022, and said: "I'm delighted. I didn't want to give this horse a hard first start of the season.

"It was very much in my mind that I didn't have time to encounter a 'bounce' factor, so I wanted him to have, dare I say it, a racecourse gallop and that's what he's gone and done.

"It's so nice that it's gone smoothly and for him to do it the way he's done it, he couldn't have been any more impressive.

"That won't have taken anything out of him, so wherever we go, Champions day or Arc, it will be our first real run of the season. That's what you want."

Appleby also believes that Adayar's freshness could count in his favor this autumn.

"I'd love to have run him through the course of the season, but I'm making the most of the hand I've been dealt and looking at it as a positive that he's going into the autumn campaign with fresh legs," he said. 

"When you're campaigning in those group 1 events it does tell by the end of the year, especially on soft ground. I saw it with this horse last year, it told at the end of the year."

Buick was just as happy with Adayar and said: "He did it nicely and in the way that you'd want him to do it, so he should be able to build from this."

AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Apr 2023 at 6:01pm

Adayar ready to make up for lost time with return at Sandown in April

Adayar was restricted to only two outings in the 2022 campaign and is raring to go in the bet365 Gordon Richards Stakes at Sandown April 28th 

After triumphing at Epsom in 2021, the Charlie Appleby-trained Adayar became the first Derby winner in 20 years to follow up with a victory in the King George VI And Queen Elizabeth Stakes.

His four-year-old season was delayed until Doncaster's St Leger meeting, after which he went down by just half a length to Bay Bridge in the Champion Stakes at Ascot.

Appleby wants to give the son of Frankel further opportunities to pick up a Group One over a mile and a quarter this season, with the Group Three Gordon Richards as the starting point before Royal Ascot.

"The plan is to run Adayar in the Gordon Richards and then the Prince of Wales's Stakes at Royal Ascot, both over a mile and a quarter," said the Moulton Paddocks handler.

"He will have a lot of summer targets, but winning a Group One over that trip will look good on his CV."

His Champion Stakes narrow defeat !!

Bay Bridge is a completely different horse on wet tracks on a dry track Adayar has got him well n truely covered imo 

Notice Dubai Honour 5L further back !! 

AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 4:21pm

Makes his return @ Sandown in the G3 Gordon Richards Stakes on friday 11.24pm

Squaring off again with the Champion Stakes winner Bay Bridge 

Adayar opened $2.25 

Bay Bridge $2.50 

I reckon Adayar’s a MORAL !! 

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 4:59pm
There must be a chance Bay Bridge is going to France on Sunday as he is drifting alarmingly for Sandown.
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 8:42pm
reductio ad absurdum
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 9:19pm

Whether he shows up or not Adayar’s still a MORAL !! 

The $8.00 for the Prince of Wales looks good to me too !! 

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 9:23pm
It's a 4 horse race on Friday.

The 4 in the above post.

reductio ad absurdum
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Apr 2023 at 9:29pm

Oooh well looks like an easy kill !! 

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 7:04pm
No win tonight for Adayar.

Wonder where they go with him now ? 
reductio ad absurdum
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Apr 2023 at 7:15pm

Surely the POMS have enough brains to reschedule the meeting 

Was looking forward to Arrest going around in the Classic trial too 

They are pretty important lead up races hopefully they get both G3s rescheduled asap !! 

AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 May 2023 at 11:28pm

G3 Gordon Richards moved to Sundays 1000 GUINEAS meeting @ Newmarket 

Field of 7 !! 

AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2023 at 1:59am

G1 Prince Of Wales next run !! 

AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Jun 2023 at 1:09am

Second placed horse Anmatt winning the G1 WFA Prix d’lspahan @ his next start !! 

AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Jun 2023 at 8:26pm

G1 Prince Of Wales’s Stakes tonight 

Squaring off against last year’s Champion Stakes winner Bay Bridge - Ascot Gold Cup winner Luxembourg - Our Prospero 

BIG FAN n really opened the shoulders (early market)

C’MON !! 

AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jun 2023 at 8:25pm

Ouch
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 3:18pm
Running of Thursday over 2000m in a 4 horse Princess of Wales Stakes.
reductio ad absurdum
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 3:34pm
The three opponents have had a total of 46 starts between them for just seven stakes results:

Zero Gp1 wins or placings, 1 Gp2 win, 1 Gp2 2nd, 1 Gp3 2rd, two Gp3 3rds and 2 Listed 3rds.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 3:55pm
I can only assume they ( Adayar camp ) see it as a free hit before the King George in a fortnight.

I wonder if their handicapping system holds back these "good" races.

If Israr should run a blinder and pushes Adayar to the limit and the handicapper deems Adayar to have run to his level, Israr could rise 6 or 7 lbs or more for being beaten. He has risen 5lbs for being beaten at his last 3 starts.
reductio ad absurdum
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 12 Jul 2023 at 4:16pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Running of Thursday over 2000m in a 4 horse Princess of Wales Stakes.

the distance is 1 1/2 miles (~2414m)
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>