Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > International Racing
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

Adayar

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: Adayar
    Posted: 17 May 2021 at 9:46pm

Really like the look of this 3yo Frankel colt 

Only has the 4 starts so far and still a BIG BABY doing plenty wrong in his races 

Had no idea what he was doing on debut running 4th then made an absolute mess of them @ Nottingham knocking his maiden over …

Has since ran on nicely @ G3 level 3yo colts n geldings @ Sandown and @ Lingfield (L) Derby Trial Stakes 

Nominated for the Epsom Derby $34.00 (Not sure if he’ll make the field tho) and the G2 King Edward on Ascot Gold Cup day …

Don’t normally pay that much attention to what’s going on overseas but reckon this colt is stacked with ability n worth keeping an eye on !! 

Typo correction Wink

Edited by Gay3 - 17 May 2021 at 10:53pm
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 May 2021 at 9:56pm
Ada am reliably informed they're taking Adaya adaya a time.  Big smile
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 6:44pm
ADAYAR (IRE)Bay colt 2018 
Frankel
Bay 2008
Galileo
Bay 1998
Sadler's Wells
Bay 1981
Northern Dancer
Bay 1961
Nearctic
Natalma
14-c
2-d
Fairy Bridge
Bay 1975
Bold Reason
Special
19-b
5-h
Urban Sea
Chestnut 1989
Miswaki
Chestnut 1978
Mr Prospector
Hopespringseternal
13-c
16-g
Allegretta
Chestnut 1978
Lombard
Anatevka
1-d
9-h
Kind
Bay 2001
Danehill
Bay 1986
Danzig
Bay 1977
Northern Dancer
Pas de Nom
2-d
7-a
Razyana
Bay 1981
His Majesty
Spring Adieu
4-d
2-d
Rainbow Lake
Bay 1990
Rainbow Quest
Bay 1981
Blushing Groom
I Will Follow
22-d
14-f
Rockfest
Chestnut 1979
Stage Door Johnny
Rock Garden
1-l
1-k
Anna Salai
Bay 2007
Dubawi
Bay 2002
Dubai Millennium
Bay 1996
Seeking the Gold
Bay 1985
Mr Prospector
Con Game
13-c
5-c
Colorado Dancer
Bay or brown 1986
Shareef Dancer
Fall Aspen
4-r
4-m
Zomaradah
Bay 1995
Deploy
Bay 1987
Shirley Heights
Slightly Dangerous
1-l
14-f
Jawaher
Bay 1989
Dancing Brave
High Tern
3-d
9-e
Anna Palariva
Chestnut 1995
Caerleon
Bay 1980
Nijinsky
Bay 1967
Northern Dancer
Flaming Page
2-d
8-f
Foreseer
Bay or brown 1969
Round Table
Regal Gleam
2-f
1-s
Anna of Saxony
Chestnut 1989
Ela-Mana-Mou
Bay 1976
Pitcairn
Rose Bertin
7-a
3-g
Anna Matrushka
Chestnut 1984
Mill Reef
Anna Paola
22-d
7-f
 Ancestor duplications:Northern Dancer4m,5m x 5m Mr Prospector5m x 5m
reductio ad absurdum
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2021 at 8:30pm
Hello,
A closer look reveals "Adayar" is from the same damline as "Helmet/Epaulette" tracing to the
Germanbred mare "Anna Paola", breeder "Röttgen Stud".

regards, Ticino.
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 3:45am

Whooooohooooooooo 

What a lovely colt wins the Epsom Derby with ease !! 

At HUGE ODDS you bloooody beauty !! 

djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 3:53am
Well done Ada well done. 

Outstanding Derby winner. 

Edited by djebel - 06 Jun 2021 at 3:54am
reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 3:56am
Hopefully the Irish Derby is next followed by the King George and the St Leger. 

Superb turn of foot to put the race to bed. 
reductio ad absurdum
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 4:09am
I couldn’t believe the odds he was $51.00 - $10.00 TAB before Mohafeeth came out then was $41.00 - $8.00 until 5 mins before the race then BANG into $16.00 …

Track up grade certainly helped him thought he got bogged down @ Litchfield on very soft ground in the Derby trial 

Absolute cracking colt !!

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 11:09am
There’s was only 4.6k in the nsw tote win pool??
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 6:38pm
Brilliant selecting AdaHunter Clap Clap Clap

Jockey Adam Kirby has won the Epsom Derby aboard Godolphin horse Adayar just two days after being replaced on a leading derby contender.

Kirby, who had been ready to ride John Leeper, before Frankie Dettori was called up for the ride, found himself instead aboard the Frankel horse Adayar who ran clear to win by four and a half lengths for trainer Charlie Appleby at odds of $17.

The $51 chance Mojo Star was second with $7 chance Hurricane Lane finishing third for Appleby.

The victory came after the 32-year-old rider took a narrow gap on the inside before racing away.

Coolmore horse Bolshoi Ballet, the pre-race favourite, never looked like mounting a challenge before finishing seventh, Dettori rode John Leeper into ninth place.

It was a sensational twist for Kirby, who was winning his first Classic after being involved in a jockey-merry-go-round earlier in the week.

On losing his original mount, Kirby said: "I just thought 'don't be bitter, be better', and it's worked out great.

"There are ups and downs, there are swings and roundabouts, but I can't thank Charlie Appleby enough. He is a true gentleman and a great trainer. The Appleby team are second to none.

"I've always said I'd rather win a Derby than be champion jockey. It's the greatest race, isn't it? I'm lost for words. It's quite unbelievable really - I don't think it's really sunk in yet. I hope my mother was watching!

Appleby said: "All the credit goes to Sheikh Mohammed and Team Godolphin. We spoke on Wednesday night after the horses did their breeze in the morning and I'll be honest, I said to His Highness I couldn't be happier with them all, but I did feel this horse was more a Leger horse, and he said 'Charlie, run him, there's only one Derby. As always, he's right.

"He's a big horse and I wouldn't say we're going to rush to anything yet. I think we'll take this on and just sit back - they're nice discussions to have of where we go next."

The derby was run a day after Snowfall surged clear for an astonishing 16-length victory for Dettori in the Oaks.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:17pm
5th dam multiples kincsem top and bottom further back in pedigree
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Jun 2021 at 9:27pm
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Jun 2021 at 1:45am
Hello,
much to my joy I realised , Adayar is from a long establihed German damline, to the biggest part developed by the "Röttgen Stud", situated at the outskirts of Colgone.

The 5th dam "Anna Paola" was a good race filly and an outstanding broodmare. Her last very good offspring is the 3 year old filly  Amazing Grace (by Protectionist), she won recently the Diana Trial, (Gr.2) at Berlin/Hoppegarten. It's very likely, she will race in the "German Derby" in early July.

On the historical note,it's the damline of Persimmon (English Derby, St. Leger) and the "Triple Crown Winner"Diamond Jubilee, both by the "Top Sire" St. Simon.

Besides Helmet/Epaulette from the same damline, the once imported Sire Midstream (by Blandford)
is one more descent of "Ellaline".

In 2018 Billesdon Brook (by Champs Elysee) another family member, won a "Classic Race", the "Oaks"and ran so far still as 5 year old, 25 starts, 7 wins 7 second, 3 third.

More info later

regards, Ticino
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 1:37pm

Charlie Appleby: Adayar's Derby victory "surreal" and King George likely to be next

Mon 7 Jun 2021

By Graham Clark

Charlie Appleby today described winning The Cazoo Derby for a second time as a “surreal” feeling and admitted even he was shocked at the acceleration Adayar showed to win the world’s greatest Flat race on Saturday.

Jockey Adam Kirby put the disappointment of losing the ride on John Leeper just three days before the race behind him to win the Epsom Downs Classic in style.

Appleby was keen to point out just how important it is for him and his team to win the biggest races in the calendar and to have now trained two Derby winners was very special to him.

The trainer, who is based at Moulton Paddocks in Newmarket, said: “It was very much in our minds that what we needed to achieve when I took over the license was firstly it was to try and train winners because as in any sport, winners breed success. I felt we got that ball rolling early doors and then when you get the nicer horses come along, hopefully you are able to deal with them in the right manner.

Charlie Appleby and Adayar at Moulton Paddocks on Monday (Pic: Hoycubed Photography)Charlie Appleby and Adayar at Moulton Paddocks on Monday (Pic: Hoycubed Photography)

“It is something, that when I was given this job to train for Godolphin I didn’t want to turn up in races for the fun of it I wanted to be competitive and to do that on a world stage. To have trained two Derby winners is of course surreal. 2018 was a breakthrough year for myself in dealing with a Derby winner and a Melbourne Cup and Breeders’ Cup winner. It is an experience you take away from that and to produce another one (Derby winner) is huge.”

But Appleby, who saddled Masar to Derby glory in 2018, revealed he had been too busy watching Hurricane Lane at first and assumed his William Buick had made “a winning move” on his stablemate, before realising Adayar was on the brink of an historic victory himself.

The Godolphin trainer, who also revealed that Adayar is likely to appear next in the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Ascot, said: “On the Wednesday morning Hurricane Lane and Adayar worked together and most of us would have said Hurricane Lane was the horse that had a bit more spring in his step and zip about him on that occasion. I knew they were all fit and well but I just thought this horse would appreciate stepping up in trip.

“When I watched Masar win I stood in the same position under the grandstand and unfortunately the television went off so I had to switch and watch on the television across the track. At the time I still had my eye on Hurricane Lane as William (Buick) had made his move, which I thought was a winning move and I took my eye off Adayar.

“It wasn’t until I picked up the race commentary that Adayar had skipped probably a length and a half clear and once he had done that I was confident he would put it to bed as the one thing he was always going to do was gallop strongly to the line.

“The one thing that surprised us all, and to this day it still surprises me, is that acceleration that he showed. It’s been well documented about Adam’s (Kirby) ride and the gap that he had to take - it was very much a brave man’s route but he had a brave horse underneath him…

“To have trained two Derby winners is of course surreal.”

Appleby is now looking forward to watching Adayar take on his elders for the first time after earmarking the King George VI and Queen Elizabeth Stakes at Ascot as his next target.

The Frankel colt would be attempting to become the first horse since Galileo, Adayar’s paternal grandsire, in 2001 to complete the same Group One double and provide Appleby with a breakthrough win in the mile and a half prize on July 24th.

Although Adayar holds an entry in the Dubai Duty Free Irish Derby at the Curragh on June 26th, Appleby feels that the King George will come at the perfect time for his latest stable star, and also expects it to help determine which route he takes for the remainder of the campaign.

He said: “He has come out of the race great. As you saw he went on the seawalker yesterday morning and he has been out for a jog this morning and has been turned out in the paddock and he has shown his wellness. All signs are good so far.

“Without rubber stamping anything the discussions that are taking place at the moment are that we will give this horse a bit more time and look towards going to a King George with him.

“I think timing-wise it suits him and also we will have tested our mettle a bit against the older horses.

“After that we can see what he is like against the older horses there and if he happens to win a King George we can work back from an Arc. If he gets beat in a King George then we revert back to our original plan which was going down the St Leger route.

“I think, personally, looking from the outside having won neither race, I would rather pinpoint one as we all know in the autumn it is a big ask to do a St Leger then an Arc.”

<-placeholder style="-sizing: inherit; width: 600px; height: 336px; cursor: pointer;">

Jockey Kirby had looked set to miss out on a ride in The Cazoo Derby, having being replaced aboard the Ed Dunlop-trained John Leeper by Frankie Dettori last Wednesday.

But Appleby was quick to offer the 32 year old rider the chance to partner Adayar and was praised by Kirby for his loyalty before and after the race.

Appleby added: “Adam has been a huge part of the team since the day I took over. He understands what we want. He knows the individuals and he knows the pedigrees but more importantly he knows what we are trying to achieve.

“Adam will educate them in the right manner to get the best out of them at the right time of their career. He is a good friend, like they all are.

“We all went round to Adam’s on Saturday night after The Derby. It was great to see Adam and his family happy but it’s great the amount of support he has got in the racing industry.”

While it is Appleby’s name on the door of Godolphin’s Moulton Paddocks Stables he has been quick to acknowledge that Adayar’s victory is very much a team effort.

He added: “First and foremost I must say congratulations to Sheikh Mohammed and the whole team at Godolphin.

“I must mention the team at Kildangan Stud as for many years we have been trying to breed a Derby winner and to produce two Derby winners in three years is a fantastic feat for them.

“It is all very well me taking all the plaudits but without any of them it doesn’t happen. They are all walking around on Cloud Nine this morning and deservedly so.

“I look at myself as the orchestrator. I’m the man lucky enough to be picking up the prizes but it is a huge team effort. From my own personal view I am very proud. To have trained two Derby winners is of course surreal.”

Meanwhile an outing in the Irish Derby appears to be on the agenda for Hurricane Lane, who lost his unbeaten record when finishing third behind Adayar.

Appleby added: “I was delighted with Hurricane Lane. He was the horse I thought in the paddock looked magnificent and I thought he took the preliminaries very well.

“What did surprise me, but we took it as a positive, is that he is very much learning on the job there. He showed his inexperience. Going into The Derby I thought he was one run short of what I would have liked to seen.

“He came off the bridle a bit earlier than I expected but his class got himself back into a position that he would be in the mix at the right end.

“I’m delighted with how he has come out of it and the plan with Hurricane Lane is to head straight to Ireland.”

One Ruler could be in line for a quick turnaround, with Appleby hinting that after finishing sixth in The Derby he could now be dropped back to a mile and a quarter next Thursday at Royal Ascot for a tilt at the Group Three Hampton Court Stakes.

He said: “We will drop him back to 10 furlongs. James said he didn’t handle the track particularly well but he didn’t see it out either. We might look at something like the Hampton Court, we will see what his wellbeing is like.

“He would carry a penalty in that from his Autumn Stakes success but we could look at something like that or wait for an Eclipse.”

https://www.racingtv.com/news/appleby-eyes-king-george-for-derby-hero-adayar

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 1:47pm

James Willoughby: Adayar's visceral Derby victory bore hallmarks of Frankel

By James Willoughby

Some people don’t know that horse racing is the greatest game. They should have been disabused for eternity by the Cazoo Derby at Epsom.

What we saw was not just a horse race but an extraordinary sign of things to come: two and a half minutes of neon blue.

Simply explained, Adayar won the Derby because his pedigree had bestowed him having better athletic tools than all the rest. He looked like the kid who captains the school team at rugby, cricket and football. He was bigger, stronger and, yes, faster than the others. He beat them hollow before even getting to the strongest part of his game.

The signature moment was this: three furlongs out, Adayar lifted those hefty shoulders and smashed open a gap that was there because he made it.

Frankel size, Frankel stride, awesome Frankel power.

Over the years, the spectacle of the Derby sometimes flickers on and off. And, recently, we have endured a period where the power supply was variable. Some recent winners have failed to go on (who knows? Adayar himself could follow that path) but the Derby remains the medium for a vital message – where for breeders to go next with the thoroughbred.

Many experienced in bloodstock at the highest level are now more certain where the breed is going. The sights and shapes and impressions of this Derby are game-changing. It wasn’t just the winner who would have made them think about Frankel but the third, Hurricane Lane (who lost both front shoes) too. As he walked round the paddock, he looked like a different breed of ginger cat.

Galileo is far from finished yet, but Frankel burnished his own sire’s genetic gift and has the potency to produce horses who can do the same. Why? Because they have better athletic tools. True, some cannot carry their physique and may appear a little slow, but breeders are now only just optimising their choice of mares for Frankel. The best is yet to come.

This is how the game goes: you may be able to breed champions from horses who were not that good at horse racing, but you will breed more and better champions from ones that were.

And this was the purest, most exciting, most thunderous impact of the Derby. It hit the thoughtful viewer like a wrecking ball during the race and after the race. It was vivid and visceral, and no matter how the form works out it will persist in the mind.

Nothing is going to change the reality of the 2021 Derby: at a tempo which lilted a bit early but was solid to the core after, one horse spent the race waiting for his chance while others spent it clinging on to theirs.

When Adayar broke in a bit of a tangle from the inside stall – which is a big disadvantage and remains provably so – it seemed like he was on the way to another display which hinted at what he might have to offer without delivering on the promise; he was fast becoming that kind of colt.

In the Lingfield Derby Trial, he had climbed the hill like a monster but come over it like a lamb. In the Classic Trial at Sandown, he had powered home in vain against the powerful, rail-favouring inside bias? (Even Brigadier Gerard would have looked unconvincing running in the middle of the track that day, though Joe Mercer would probably have never taken him there.)

Soon, however, there was Adayar in the ‘cat-bird seat’, travelling along behind the lead on the rail, not a bother on him. We had seen smooth travelling from Adayar before, but this was something else entirely.

The critical distance into a horse race is 50 seconds. Here it is that the horse’s system begins a switchover which makes it the greatest all-round athlete on the planet. It takes this long for its awesome power to rely on a preponderance of atmospheric oxygen, so when its gigantic spleen contracts, it fires trillions of oxygen-bearing red blood cells to its powerful muscles and its movement is thus empowered.

You know the thing about the winning post at Epsom being a plank of wood and all? Well, that oft-used quote by the Italian genius Federico Tesio came about not because he preferred the days when dinosaurs roamed the Earth and you could run races in three heats over six miles. It came to him intuitively because of the way the Derby course at Epsom challenges the way a horse’s system works.

That 50 seconds comes up shortly before they have finished climbing the hill, which is the first half-mile. Because a horse is galloping up the steepest section of track in British racing, immediately it starts to use up the reserves of energy that resides in its tissues and is available at the start. It soon needs a second source.

Here, the first-half for Adayar went in 57.42sec. A good tempo. Not slow enough to let the flimsy milers in the field get away with it, but not fast enough to be reductive of pure talent.

Now, the pace steadied a bit. Adayar ran 14.16sec for the next furlong. He is building, getting stronger, at home with what the race is asking, right in its midst now.

The next quarter, still a bit uphill, in 26.71 from him. Nothing really changes.

Now, Adayar is getting stronger, threatening to even cruise along. He has the time to fill up because speed isn’t just about fast-twitch explosion, the instantaneous way Battaash does it. Speed is an important equation for all horses: stride length X stride frequency. You can stride fast or you can stride long. Better both like Frankel.

Speed and stamina are not different qualities, they are complementary. Tesio told us that in Breeding The Racehorse from where that snazzy quote comes.

When very young children compete at the primary school sports day, precocity in different forms wins over ten yards, tenacity on different days wins over 20, but talent wins the same way every day at 30. Here, 30 yards is the critical distance for kids.

Those crusty old characters in Newmarket with their old copies of Thoroughbred Breeder’s Review on the shelf, they get it. There is speed and there is cheap speed. Adayar’s particular brand of speed was no good at Sandown and no good at Lingfield, because he was forced to burn energy and needed a more expansive test.

When the field sees the mile-pole in the Derby, it is game on. Now, the concern is to have the cruising speed to stay underneath the rate that a horse can take in that oxygen. You see what Tesio saw? One half-mile to empty the lesser ones, another half to let the great ones fill up.

As they turned in, Adam Kirby must have felt like he was living a dream. Not a Shergar dream, like his old mentor the great Walter Swinburn, but a dream in which he has still to play an active part: in front of him is the barrier of the toiling Gear Up, to his right is goodness knows what. He could yet wake up screaming!

Instead, in the way reverie can be outsized of normal life, Kirby threw the reins at Adayar with bravery forged from the great heart he has always shown as a jockey. An All-Weather jockey? That is a badge of courage for Kirby from where I am sitting as a viewer.

While some were emptying, Adayar had filled up. For the first time in his life, he was racing underneath his cruising speed, allowing the oxygen to build and the energy to flow. And, in this state, Adayar may have felt the same about going for that gap as his rider. Suddenly, stride length X stride frequency had an exponential term.

There cannot be a match in world racing for what followed. Down the hill, across the camber, Adayar was like the Bear in We’re Going On A Bear Hunt – he couldn’t go round Gear Up, he couldn’t go over Gear Up, so come on Adam, let’s go through Gear Up! And, here we go!

Gear Up doesn’t know how lucky he was. One false step and he could have been wiped out by the force of nature coming through. To think: we had called Adayar ‘a Leger horse’. This phrase needs to stop being used as a term of diminution because using it to suggest a horse like Adayar lacks gears is like using ‘the actress in Titanic’ to sum up what Kate Winslet can do.

If a race forces a horse above its cruising speed – this term being a proxy for the rate at which it can metabolise oxygen – it denudes it. Stayers have speed; stayers can quicken. This is partly why people love stayers. The best way to get a stayer beaten is to go off too fast.

Adayar had not gone too fast. On the other side of the gap, he laid it down despite the vagaries of the surface. Now, jaws dropped and it was all over. How far? In the plate, Kirby must have felt a bigger surge of adrenalin than his mount had when he forced himself - and barely daylight - inside Gear Up.

Afterwards, Kirby nobly regretted that he was not much use to his mount inside the final furlong. “Weirdly, I was thinking of my Mum,” he said. Swinburn had made sure that Kirby rides with his head in the time they had together, but the role of his heart is particular to the rider’s own make-up. What a line.

Never mind the future, feel the present

When Gold medals are handed out at the Olympics, images of the great athletes passing the line are often mixed in transparently. Nobody says: “Let’s see how the form works out in the Diamond League. The Swede in second holds the form down.”

Some of racing’s reportage misses the point. Nobody finds ante-post quotes rocking them to their soul. Tomorrow is another day, but for this one we have images to which we can react, and times and sectionals to guide us. Adayar’s time translates to a figure which is above-average for the race and you cannot cheat time. But these new tools we have are supposed to augment our understanding, not replace it. People who know sectionals know that.

Frankel is by Galileo, while Adayar’s dam Anna Salai is by Dubawi. Galileo, Dubawi and Frankel are three of four greatest sires on Earth, while the fourth is Deep Impact, who sired a horse called Snowfall we will come to in a while.

Pedigree may not be everything if you are trying to win any old race, but it had run through the Derby results in different forms until we have ended up here.

The ground was too slow for Adayar to set any records, but the result of pedigree has resulted in a strong trend of Derby winners recording faster and faster times – despite watering.

reductio ad absurdum
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 Jun 2021 at 9:27pm
reductio ad absurdum
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 12:33am

G1 King George Saturday night 12.35am 2406m 

Oaks and G1 Prince of Wales winner Love holds favouritism 

Mishriff - Lone Eagle (Irish Derby runner up) - Wonderful Tonight and Addeybb amongst the others !! 

Will be the first horse since Galileo 2001 to do the Derby - King George double and an expenses paid berth to the Breeders Cup !!

Looking forward to this one 

Ticino View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Ticino Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Jul 2021 at 10:33pm
Hello,
in the case you are interested, a direct descent of the damline of "Adayar" will be offered at the BBAG Auction Yearlings Sales (bbag-sales.de), Friday 3. Sept. 2021, see Lot 44, already named "Anno Alemann" (Almanzor - Queen's Hall by Singspiel, colt), the common ancestor of Adayer and abovementioned Colt is "Anna Matrushka" (by Mill Reef.

regards, Ticino
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 3:40am
Star Star Star Star Star Star Star Star Star
Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 11:34am
Very impressive win in the King George by Adayar. Quick time as well of 2:25.54
Australian racing is only good up to 1400m in terms of world standards when it comes to depth/quality in numbers
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 10:04pm
reductio ad absurdum
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 10:27pm
Originally posted by Jamal Jamal wrote:

Very impressive win in the King George by Adayar. Quick time as well of 2:25.54
Might be my eye's Jamal , I thought on the clock it looked like 2-26-58, maybe that was unofficial , why I ask is he ran similar time to Tulloch when's he won the /57 Caulfield Cup and I thought of him straight away. LOL 
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Jul 2021 at 11:21pm
Official time was 2min 26.4
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 12:11am
Thanks Horlick , reckon the stablemate to the fav. getting left played right into the hands of the winner , the first half mile they were doing sub. 12sec. and at one stage 41mph , found Love wanting and the winner far too strong .
oldflight View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oldflight Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Jul 2021 at 12:55am
So Special (Bruce Mc) inflections meant
Mill Reef did the same double 50yo ago (OK yes I do feel Old)

Jamal,
We had a Mill Reef link in WA with his Gr1 winning son Marooned (Miff Reef - Short Rations) a horse with the worst action under saddle - I rode him to keep him from getting gross as a stallion Throw his near fore at right angles.
An outstanding Stallion until the incident on farm were he lost a testicle, no mate it was not left behind a feed bin. he had over 15% SW winners to runners before the (washing Incident)
Long Story.

Still ended up as a great Broodmare Sire

Tough Stallion, tough Stock, still have a nice little scar on my right shoulder when he was impatient at the feed bin one morning.

The Mare (Dam of Marooned) Short Rations had a Epson Derby Runner twenty years later, forgot the name ran 7th or 8th - snow something

Old Flight

Hello,
in the case you are interested, a direct descent of the damline of "Adayar" will be offered at the BBAG Auction Yearlings Sales (bbag-sales.de), Friday 3. Sept. 2021, see Lot 44, already named "Anno Alemann" (Almanzor - Queen's Hall by Singspiel, colt), the common ancestor of Adayer and abovementioned Colt is "Anna Matrushka" (by Mill Reef.

regards, Ticino
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Oct 2021 at 7:07pm

Goes around in the Arc tonight 

Go Boy !! 

AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 2:32am
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 Feb 2022 at 2:34am
AdaHunta View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote AdaHunta Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 May 2022 at 12:34am

Cant wait to see this guy step out as a 4yo this prep 

He’s a magnificent specimen of a horse BIGGER STRONGER this time around a serious chance in the ARC !! 

Wet conditions n racing keenly didn’t help his chances last year imo exploded way to early at the top of the straight left a sitting duck 

Was all set to resume in the G1 Coronation Cup but a setback due to respiratory issues will now see him target the G1 Prince of Wales Stakes @ Royal Ascot (15th June)

Jamal View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Jamal Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 May 2022 at 11:44am
Agreed
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123>