Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

60 minutes thread?

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 11:17am
And clearly the people doing the stacking are the ''stackers''
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 11:38am
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Stackee - the persons being stacked.
PT, you have made that word up, the closest I could get to it in the Macquarie Dictionary was "stacked" which is defined colloquially as "a buxom woman" , is that by whom ALP branch meetings are stacked ?
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 11:42am
A "stacked deck" is a device to give a player an unfair advantage in a card game, similarly branch stacking is designed to give an unfair advantage in a vote.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 11:46am
Exactly.  Back-room boys of most political persuasions have made an art of it.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 1:01pm
PT does Mental Gymnastics every night, to justify any criminal act.
Thats why his true homeland is now CHOP.
Where looting and bashing, is viewed as a Peaceful Protest.

We have a resident Communist.

Mind you, half the time I think PT is just taking the p#ss and doesnt even believe in his own crap that he formulates.
Essentially just a sh#t stirrer?
Well, at the very least, a sh#t stacker??

ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 1:07pm
Thoughts and prayers for those frothing from the mouth this morning in anticipation of the demise of the ALP,  but the crook/s is being dealt with by a very responsible Premier showing great and decisive leadership.Thumbs Up
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 1:12pm
Thoughts and Prayers PT ...    When your waiting on a photo finish result maybe ,       I couldn't believe any other time.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 1:16pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

PT does Mental Gymnastics every night, to justify any criminal act.
Thats why his true homeland is now CHOP.
Where looting and bashing, is viewed as a Peaceful Protest.

We have a resident Communist.

Mind you, half the time I think PT is just taking the p#ss and doesnt even believe in his own crap that he formulates.
Essentially just a sh#t stirrer?
Well, at the very least, a sh#t stacker??

You are right, he is nothing more than a sh##t stirrer and I have fallen into him again.In the future I will try to disregard his rantings. I might put SC in that same category and stick to his racing tips..I avoid them and look for something else to back against his selections. It just goes to show by owning a horse in no way makes one a tipping expert.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 6:45pm

Thoughts and prayers for those frothing from the mouth this morning in anticipation of the demise of the ALP,  but the crook/s is being dealt with by a very responsible Premier showing great and decisive leadership.Thumbs Up

Is Bill Shorten still yelling at staff over his meat pie being too cold?

Im not sure he ever recovered from that.
In fact, he didnt.

ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 6:52pm
He had a point, I wouldn't like paying good money expecting a hot pie and not get one. 

He didn't threaten to invade England or anything.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 7:22pm
& who could forget the famous Beef Strogonoff Affair. He never recovered after that,

Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Jun 2020 at 7:26pm
I think it was eating his sausage sandwich sideways that was the fatal blow.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Jun 2020 at 2:00am

He had a point, I wouldn't like paying good money expecting a hot pie and not get one. 

He didn't threaten to invade England or anything.

Bonking Billy would only know hot stuff.      Any invasions that would interest him would be in the Sporting Section.
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 11:35pm
I don’t normally watch 60 minutes, but The story about this Blue Mountains circus mob is a mind boggling flustercluck from the Charlie Hoppers in NSW. 

Surely there’s more to it than what we’re seeing. There had to be something driving the investigation behind the scenes.
brokecell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokecell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 11:37pm
what happened ?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 11:42pm
Originally posted by Red Hare Red Hare wrote:

I don’t normally watch 60 minutes, but The story about this Blue Mountains circus mob is a mind boggling flustercluck from the Charlie Hoppers in NSW. 

Surely there’s more to it than what we’re seeing. There had to be something driving the investigation behind the scenes.

The accused family seemed like "strange" sort of people, and it occurred to me that the police thought as much, and were more suspicious because of it.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 11:46pm
Very strange and odd story all round.   Must have been something there to trigger the investigation.   No smoke without fire.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 Sep 2020 at 11:50pm
Not necessarily, AA, but I feel their "oddness" brought attention they might otherwise have avoided.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 12:51am
Yeah, maybe, I suppose.  For sure odd tho.Big smile
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 12:53am
I was getting creeped-out by those people, and not much has that effect on me !
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 1:08am
False allegations are some deranged peoples specialty.

The case sure looked like that from the start .   The tender age of the children , the impossible acts the accused described .
   Police owe the accused more than these people got before the outlandish , over the top, response.

Katoomba is known for the odd breeds who inhabit the area . that was where the Bulk of the 1700 inmates of Bloomfield Psychiatric Centre were dumped when it closed , many years ago ....     THEY BREED LIKE RABBITS.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 1:23am
Poor old Katoomba.   Its a cross between hippy and upper crust.
Those circus people just seemed weird to me. 
So I can imagine how they looked to the cops. 
animals before people.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 9:00am

I remember my bullsh1t detector going crazy the first time I read about the case. It's another Pell like case where scepticism as the standard operating procedure of the police and the DPP, and parts of the judiciary, has been replaced with belief - we believe you we believe you we believe you. Believe it or not, that is being drummed into cops these days.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 9:21am
I mean stone the bloody crows, is there no one in the whole criminal investigative process these days with any hard-nosed evidence-based scepticism?Wacko What about the psychologist interviewing the two coached kiddies? As their stories got ever wilder and more contradictory did they never smell thebullsh1t? Where did this happen, kids? Where was your mother at the time? Who were the other kids involved in the satanic rituals?Wacko We believe you, despite all evidence to the contrary. Fairdinkum.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

brokecell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brokecell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 11:09am
60 Minutes has improved at lot lately, actually reporting on serious issues rather than light hearted fluff
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 11:35am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

I mean stone the bloody crows, is there no one in the whole criminal investigative process these days with any hard-nosed evidence-based scepticism?Wacko What about the psychologist interviewing the two coached kiddies? As their stories got ever wilder and more contradictory did they never smell thebullsh1t? Where did this happen, kids? Where was your mother at the time? Who were the other kids involved in the satanic rituals?Wacko We believe you, despite all evidence to the contrary. Fairdinkum.

I think it is a reaction to "pedophile hysteria", which pervades society, that leads all sorts of people to default to believing an accused over an accuser, in such cases, because to do otherwise, would be seen to take sides with the "worst of the worst". Whilst any crime against children is to be condemned, I really think in a lot of cases of assumption of guilt of such crimes, there is some heavy-duty psychology at work, where such errant impulses,  are projected, less than consciously, on to others. Exporting the "evil" on to a likely carrier. I recall an old pedophile when released at an advanced age from jail, was in lodgings that were besieged by hordes of people, many or most of a noticeably feral nature, I'd have taken odds-on, that amongst that group were offenders of the same ilk, who saw him as a focus they could project their own unruly impulses on, anything other than admit to themselves they had the same impulses, and likely had acted upon them, but wanted to disown it. That many people seem unable to draw a sharp distinction between the "garden" variety of child sex offender, and those who murder children after abusing them, says that cool thinking is not the order of the day, with this issue.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 4:04pm
Originally posted by brokecell brokecell wrote:

60 Minutes has improved at lot lately, actually reporting on serious issues rather than light hearted fluff

Since 9 took over Fairfax, respected investigative journalists such as Nick McKenzie have contributed to some of 60 minutes shows.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 4:17pm
Why do Psychologists earn such importance in assessing everything form needs of the Aged, to Sexual Crime , especially involving children .
Witness and guessing on likely re offending.

Given positions of power along those lines .

They have no power to prescribe or physically examine .
Hard to measure what ( if any) contribution they make to Medical assessments at all.
   I noted they were good at extending "cuppa Tea" breaks by hours . Always puzzled me .
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 4:39pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

The accused family seemed like "strange" sort of people, and it occurred to me that the police thought as much, and were more suspicious because of it.
Oh, for sure. They were/are weirdos of the highest degree. A couple of the kids, you'd bet London to a brick that they were the product of sister-wives.

Still... 
Red Hare View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Red Hare Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 07 Sep 2020 at 4:51pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

The accuser's own notes, submitted as evidence, mentioned that at one point the kids changed their stories. But, after much "contemplation, prayer and cuddling"... that's a direct quote... they confirmed their original version of events.

Jeee-sus Marion Joseph. LOLCryAngryDead

Surely you've got to do some vetting of the witness???

For christ sake, the brief stated that the kid had been picked up off the ground by his little fella. That the accused had used his teeth to do it.
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <123>