Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Breeding - Public Forums > Breeding Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

25% share in Pluck colt

Post Reply Post Reply
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote v and m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 25% share in Pluck colt
    Posted: 15 Mar 2017 at 5:17pm
hi everyone

We have a Pluck x Zaminga (by Za-Im) colt that has 4 owners in it, one the owners is experiencing financial difficulty and wishes to sell his share (25%), is anyone interested? If so please make an offer.
It is currently at Vinery Stud and is 8 months old, has not been weaned off but soon will be.
Monthly fees are split equally 4 ways

ZAMINGA
Black Prince 2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Black Prince 2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 16 Apr 2017 at 11:48pm
Nice best of luck .
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 11:06am
They all look nice to me at that age. Good luck with him
v and m View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote v and m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 3:53pm
the 25% share in this colt has been sold, thanks for looking :)
and yes he is a nice colt, very calm laid back type (biased though), wondered off from mum all the time and even as a foal you he would come up to you to get a scratch
ZAMINGA
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Apr 2017 at 4:07pm
Wonderful to note a what is considered 'late' weaning & to be extrely beneficial to their careers Thumbs Up
Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
cabosanlucas View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 10:09pm
Good,luck with the little fella.

where does Za-Im stand at? Handy stallion for lower budget players up the line...j.p.roach has had some luck with them in nsw. What is his fee?
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 May 2017 at 11:44pm
Za-Im crossed the rainbow bridge not that long ago.  Such a shame.  
A stallion I thought could have been anything with more luck, and if he had been lucky enough to go to a  "famous " stud.  Wonderful pedigree . Got some good runners from ordinary mares.
That little colt looks quite like his old man.
I was a real fan of Za Im.    Wish he had a better chance around the breeding scene.

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 1:57pm
What a shame. what was his fee aa??

A few za-im going around at coffs today .
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 5:29pm
I cant remember, but not much.
Someone on here was connected to Za Im.  GAJ maybe ?  I just cant remember.
I saw him once some years ago now at Deepwater near Tenterfield, right on top of the New England Ranges, and he looked like a little woolly mammoth.  After that his connections moved him  ( for which I was so pleased )  down around Coffs/Grafton area and he passed away there .
You see most of his runners up in that area altho he had a good one , think Guy Walter might have had it, but as usual the name escapes me.   Just about all of them could run.  No telling if he had got some really good mares what might have been .
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 5:31pm
Jag Hill had some Za Im babies so maybe it was her .
animals before people.
v and m View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote v and m Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 May 2017 at 7:44pm
Mick O'Neil from Coffs H (who is now a trainer) used to be one of the owners of Za-Im before he passed away
Za-Im was rather small and had arthritis in his hind legs likely due from having not the best hind legs to begin with but amazingly he didn't pass on bad legs to my mare, she retired sound because she was getting more and more stubborn which seams to be a common trait with the Green Desert line.

Za-Im stood for about $2200, which was really good value for his record and pedigree. 

This is the Zaminga/Pluck colt now, I think his colouring is more like Green Desert

ZAMINGA
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 06 May 2017 at 1:57am
LOL,,, a $14 winner today ,,,
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote cabosanlucas Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 May 2017 at 9:33pm
Thanks for the info all 👍

Yeah, mick neil took over from jp roach just recently - the oldest trainer in nsw (maybe australia).
Ringlock View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Ringlock Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Feb 2019 at 11:51am
Now a 2yo gelding named Zapluck, he's entered for his first barrier trial at Wyong tomorrow. Trained by Tracey Bartley
 Post Reply Post Reply