Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Competitions
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2024 Autumn G1 Winners and Roughies

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2024 Autumn G1 Winners and Roughies
    Posted: 24 Jan 2024 at 9:19am
Here is the list for this year.  Also I'm in Japan from the 13th till the end of April so either you'll have to wait for my return or one of you can finish the comp off.  Hopefully my tablet will work and I'll get some entries in but I wont have a computer so no way of doing the results.

Dizzy is away from the 10th Feb to 11th March so we might need to wait for her return or someone else put their hand up to do the early roughies comp.  Also hope Afros will come in again with his comp (even if I never mastered how to pick that one!)

MRC C F Orr Stakes 10-Feb
VRC Vrc Lightning Stakes 17-Feb
MRC Blue Diamond Stakes 24-Feb
MRC Futurity Stakes 24-Feb
MRC Oakleigh Plate 24-Feb
VRC Australian Guineas 2-Mar
ATC Chipping Norton Stakes 2-Mar
ATC Surround Stakes 2-Mar
VRC Vrc Newmarket Handicap 9-Mar
ATC Randwick Guineas 9-Mar
ATC Canterbury Stakes 9-Mar
ATC Tad Kennedy Stakes 16-Mar
ATC Golden Slipper Stakes 23-Mar
ATC George Ryder Stakes 23-Mar
ATC Rawson Stakes 23-Mar
ATC The Galaxy 23-Mar
MVRC William Reid Stakes 23-Mar
ATC Rosehill Guineas 23-Mar
VRC Australian Cup 30-Mar
ATC H E Tancred Stakes 30-Mar
ATC Storm Queen Stakes 30-Mar
ATC Doncaster Handicap 6-Apr
ATC T J Smith Stakes 6-Apr
ATC Atc Australian Derby 6-Apr
ATC Atc Sires Produce Stakes 6-Apr
ATC Atc Queen Elizabeth Stakes 13-Apr
ATC Sydney Cup 13-Apr
ATC Atc Australian Oaks 13-Apr
ATC Queen Of The Turf Stakes 13-Apr
ATC All Aged Stakes 20-Apr
ATC Champagne Stakes 20-Apr

Edited by Gay3 - 24 Jan 2024 at 10:57am
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2024 at 9:23am
Also before we start.  Once entries are in only changes can be made if you get a scratching.  Then you either get the fav (for any of the comps) or if you are available and can get a change in I will accept that.  Most people don't change and get the fav but the option is there.

If you enter early and track changes then that's what your stuck with.  We have all been there and regretted a choice even right up to the time of the race.  Lets have fun and no muddles this year.
Dizzy View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Dizzy Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2024 at 9:24am
furious, I will cover you at the end of the comp, but I will need someone to step in for the roughies for the month I am away. I will have the spreadsheet ready to go, and happy to send it to anyone. Big smile
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2024 at 9:24am
Also I prepared to believe an error if you get to me early or just after the entry.  We all sometimes have more than one pie in the over with our bets, picks or comps!
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Jan 2024 at 7:33pm
Not a problem to back up again, I feel like the SP comp has found a home on the couch in between the roughies and winners comps, crazy how quickly the autumn has snuck up on us!
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
StormSiren View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 1:17pm
Hi team - I can look after the Roughies early on in the piece. I'm in Sydney the weekend of the 24th of Feb but should get the results out by the Monday Smile 
Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren, Sirens Star, Elpis & Wait For It.
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 1:29pm
Cheers SS!

And congrats on selling your Written By yearling for a very nice price at MM. Thumbs Up
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 1:53pm
Thanks SS I'm sure Dizzy will appreciate it.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2024 at 7:49pm
Originally posted by StormSiren StormSiren wrote:

Hi team - I can look after the Roughies early on in the piece. I'm in Sydney the weekend of the 24th of Feb but should get the results out by the Monday Smile 

We probably should have posted it in here but Dizzy asked me via PM if I'd mind covering for her about a week, I'm happy to do it, although if you're super keen I'm happy to leave it with you, so happy either way, your call.  Thumbs Up
Seeing Manchester United relegated would mean more than words can describe to me.
StormSiren View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote StormSiren Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 7:20am
If it's already sorted between you and Dizzy I'm happy to bow out Afros - I always start with best intentions but life often gets in the way!!
Lost in the magical world of racing. Storm Siren, Sirens Star, Elpis & Wait For It.
Sister Dot View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Sister Dot Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 7:55am
I’d love to help but haven’t seen a spreadsheet since I did a course 30 years ago. Be too worried about mucking it all up….
“Where in this wide world can man find nobility without pride, friendship without envy, or beauty without vanity? Here where grace is laced with muscle and strength by gentleness confined”
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 02 Feb 2024 at 8:53am
And I leave it to people who can actually do maths
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 05 Feb 2024 at 8:57am
Originally posted by StormSiren StormSiren wrote:

If it's already sorted between you and Dizzy I'm happy to bow out Afros - I always start with best intentions but life often gets in the way!!

All good.  Thumbs Up
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 7:53am
I'm back in Thumbs Up

CF Orr

W - Munhamek
R - Munhamek
Time is a flat circle
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 8:06am
first on the books tj good luck
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 3:08pm
Hi TJ just as you didn't do the last comp but there are three comps now.  There is also a SP comp with Alfros.  I presume you want the same horse for that also.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 3:31pm
Send a flare up for brave ponies too , Mia Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 3:43pm
Our great mate and marvelous contributor TJ has sometimes been a piece or two short of a full dinner set, but he'll come good.  Wink
Actually One could repeat the above almost word for word regarding Ponies.  Tongue
brave_ponies View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote brave_ponies Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Feb 2024 at 6:00pm
I’m here, thanks Carioca and SC. I do seem to lose a few more pieces every year Embarrassed
Great to see you back TJ Beer
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 6:58am
And here I was thinking a few more got in early!
Vincent View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Vincent Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 7:15am
It's that time again!

W: Mr Brightside
R: Veight
SP: Princess Jenni
honi soit qui mal y pense
Take2 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Take2 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 8:12am
R: Ayrton
SP:Munhamek
change is simply a destination on a journey reached by taking the first step (i said that) lol

www.3rdmillenniumbloodstock.com.au
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 8:36am
R: Ayrton
SP: Mr Brightside
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 9:12am
Originally posted by furious furious wrote:

Hi TJ just as you didn't do the last comp but there are three comps now.  There is also a SP comp with Alfros.  I presume you want the same horse for that also.

Ohhh ok. Yes please Big smile

Thanks
Time is a flat circle
VSP. View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VSP. Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 9:26am
Hi everyone.
R: Veight
SP: Mr Brightside
www.snowshoecats.webs.com
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 9:26am
Veight for all 3
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 9:58am
R: Pericles
S: Veight
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 10:15am
R: Pericles
S: Veight

Great minds...Tongue
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 10:21am
W: Veight
R: Bustler
S: Mr Brightside

Gee Mr Brightside usually flashes home first run in but will he win?   I like him and Veight but have Veight and Bustler followed from the sales.  One will probably finish closer to last but hey he's a real roughie.  Good luck all.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Feb 2024 at 10:22am
And no I still don't understand Afros comp so put my favourite horse in there!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 16>