Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2021-22 Ashes Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:08pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

Tony Armstrong saw it coming.

http://twitter.com/truck1984/status/1461539847609356290

LOL people are fast
Time is a flat circle
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:23pm
He has stood down as captain apparently but not quit. He was brought into the team as captain to ''heal'' things after the sandpaper issues. His batting form hardly warrants a test spot going forward.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:27pm
Yeah he won't last long now he's no longer captain.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:32pm
This ia a mess. CA knew about it in 2018, after appointing him captain and investigated it, clearing him.Came to light after she was sacked and charged with theft. Bad look keeping him then and now a bad look if they sack him over something they knew about but did nothing.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:48pm
Everybody looking out for themselves
Time is a flat circle
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:53pm
The same Tony Armstrong who had a d..k pic scandal of his own as an AFL player?
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:55pm
That would make him an authority. 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 5:05pm
That text sounds like she was a party to very heavy 'flirting'. 

You'd think these guys would know better though. 
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 5:09pm
Why would they know better. Their young people and fully charged. Perhaps she should have known better as well
5 years ago. 
Who gives a stuff. The woke world is going mad
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 5:22pm
So CA thought it was ok for him to be captain if they kept it a secret but not ok now it's public.LOL Ethics 101.Thumbs Up

Paine is nowhere near good enough as a wicket-keeper and batter (see I'm learningWink) to justify selection if he's not captain is he? Surely we aren't that bereft of talent in Australia that an out of form 36yo is the best we can find?

An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 5:25pm
A married 31/32yo at the time.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 5:30pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

A married 31/32yo at the time.

Was sheShocked
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 5:36pm
Poor ol Shrunky, getting it wrong again, as per usual……
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 5:38pm
Very droll Shrunk.  Don't know about the lady in question, however Paine as I suspect you well know was a married 31/32yo at the time of the texting in 2017.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 5:41pm
Originally posted by Shrunk in the Wash Shrunk in the Wash wrote:

Why would they know better. Their young people and fully charged. Perhaps she should have known better as well
5 years ago. 
Who gives a stuff. The woke world is going mad

I agree that she should have known better. She was obviously complicit in the texting. But he is the big-name person...and that is the point. He jeopardised his position by sending that pic. Makes you wonder if all these sports-people have had too many head-knocks. 

But...what has woke got to do with anything? 

Ermm

oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 5:42pm
Just stand aside for a few months - you know - like Smith , Warney or the other bloke - & all will be forgiven. That's Australian Cricket for you. The tears always help by the way !
Refer ALP Election Promises
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 5:45pm
I can remember the shock & awe when those 3 got caught cheating. End of Australian Cricket , the game will never be the same , banned for life , blah, blah , blah

Short memories !
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 5:47pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

He has stood down as captain apparently but not quit. He was brought into the team as captain to ''heal'' things after the sandpaper issues. His batting form hardly warrants a test spot going forward.
So this bloke was the "rock" - the dick pic fella  LOLLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 7:43pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Very droll Shrunk.  Don't know about the lady in question, however Paine as I suspect you well know was a married 31/32yo at the time of the texting in 2017.

Yes it was very droll and totally missed by the well named rusty
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 8:29pm
Maybe I'm a snob or a prude in my old age but why the eff would grown people send such crap to each other, let alone if one of them is a famous sportsman/ "role model"? Pathetic.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 8:43pm
I could not agree with you more stayer.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 8:53pm
Can I join you by agreeing. SO stupid.

What grey matter doesn't warn these people, with so much to lose by such erratic behaviour.
    Role Models have to lead by example and this is a huge fail.
maccamax View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote maccamax Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 8:55pm
Originally posted by rusty nails rusty nails wrote:

Poor ol Shrunky, getting it wrong again, as per usual……

Sharpen up Rusty .     Your sense of humour needs a re bore.
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 8:57pm
I am with Stayer and Horlicks.  Not as if they are stupid kids.  30 plus year old married, and famous sports man , and he thinks its OK to send a d**k pic via phone to some woman. 
Takes me back to my old Aunt,s saying.  "When you have seen one you have seen them all ".
Why would you send that pic to anyone , let alone some bird you want to impress.
Childish at best.  Disgusting at worst. 
animals before people.
stayer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote stayer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 9:06pm
It's some other world, AA. I wouldn't want to live in it. I can't even imagine treating a woman that way or being treated that way by her. What are they, monkeys?
rusty nails View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote rusty nails Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 9:23pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

I am with Stayer and Horlicks.  Not as if they are stupid kids.  30 plus year old married, and famous sports man , and he thinks its OK to send a d**k pic via phone to some woman. 
Takes me back to my old Aunt,s saying.  "When you have seen one you have seen them all ".
Why would you send that pic to anyone , let alone some bird you want to impress.
Childish at best.  Disgusting at worst. 
He did this, was caught, there was an investigation and THEN
They appointed him captain, not on the basis of form, it was solely as a leader, to change the culture of the squad.because his character and judgement was so unbelievably good.
Seriously 
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 3:54am
 some funny comments going around...

"He was just showing her middle stump, big deal"

"Starts and ends his captaincy with a ball tampering scandal."

"The "pull" shot should be renamed the "tim pain" forevermore"
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 8:15am
Surely if he isn't captain, he isn't in the team any more?

His keeping may be decent but if he isn't skipper and given his generally mediocre batting it'd be hard to justify selecting him now for mine.
Hello Sunshine View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Hello Sunshine Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 10:14am
Ego problem.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Nov 2021 at 10:53am
It does seem a whole lot of overreacting bulldust to me. So he sent her a dicpic. So freakin' what? The appropriate response to that is, ugh, gross, not interested, I am deleting this and never send me another one, and that should be the end of the matter. Was Paine her boss? Did Paine send more messages or was it just one exchange? Why did the woman make it public?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 14>