Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2021-22 Ashes Series

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2021-22 Ashes Series
    Posted: 16 Nov 2021 at 8:52pm
Starts in 3 weeks tomorrow.

A slight change to the usual, Brisbane still the first test followed by Adelaide but with Melbourne and Sydney following on and Perth the 5th test.

Australia 4-0 with a weather induced draw in there somewhere.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 7:41am
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 10:13am
How good are the Pommy pace men? Who are they?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Shrunk in the Wash View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 11:29am
Anderson, Broad & Stokes seem to go okay to my eyeBig smile
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 12:16pm
I was afraid you'd say that. They've not going to give us a good series with those old flogs. Haven't they got any young talent?
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 12:25pm
Australia’s Ashes squad: Tim Paine (c), Pat Cummins (vc), Cameron Green, Josh Hazlewood, Marcus Harris, Travis Head, Usman Khawaja, Marnus Labuschagne, Nathan Lyon, Michael Neser, Jhye Richardson, Steve Smith, Mitchell Starc, Mitchell Swepson, David Warner
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 1:41pm
Predictable squad 
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 4:49pm
From that squad the line-up looks like being Warner, Harris/Khawaja, Labuschagne, Smith, Head/Khawaja, Green, Paine, Lyon, Cummins, Starc, Hazlewood.

Given the big 3 quicks have just played the T20 World Cup and the tight timing of the series, I'm guessing there is a fair chance Richardson and Neser play at sometime throughout the series, perhaps even as soon as Adelaide, I doubt any of the big 3 rest for Brisbane unless they're carrying a niggle as the team will want to make a statement in the first test for sure, also if the series is sown up or as good as coming into Sydney, Swepson definitely comes in for Sydney with an eye to the visit to India in 2022.
Afros View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Afros Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Nov 2021 at 5:20pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

How good are the Pommy pace men? Who are they?

James Anderson, Stuart Broad, Craig Overton, Ollie Robinson, Chris Woakes, Mark Wood.

Anderson is 39 and hasn't gone well over here in his peak years, will likely be pedestrian except under lights in Adelaide when it swings, will be rested for at least one test.

Broad is 35 and hasn't ever really gone that well over here either, similar to Anderson despite being 4 years younger, will rest for at least 1 test and likely also be pedestrian except under the Adelaide lights.

Craig Overton, has an OK record, averages 23.33 with the ball in first class cricket but that's in England where medium fast bowlers can excel, his average from 6 tests in over 33, could produce a good spell but chances are he'll have more spells where he gets pasted over here.

Ollie Robinson, 28 wickets @ 19.6 from 5 tests, but all at home, has a first class average of 21 for over 300 wickets but similar to Overton for mine, will bowl some good spells but also get pasted at times.

Chris Woakes, been around the well a few times, averages a tick under 28 with the bat and a tick under 29 with the ball and has a test hundred and 10 at first class level, again capable of a good spell but, like Overton and Robinson when the ball is doing nothing for him he'll get pasted.
Mark Wood, quick but injury prone, I think he'll find it tough out here and will likely be injured at some point.

Ben Stokes is the wild card, he's likely to produce an inspired spell of bowling at some point but given he only averages 21 overs a test over his career for a tick over 2 wickets a test, it doesn't suggest he's going to come out and take 30+ wickets this series, his go is much more with the bat.

I think this group actually does compare well to the 10-11 group that dismantled us over here (Broad, Anderson, Bresnan, Finn, Tremlett) but that group faced an Australian side that was not travelling very well, beaten an innings 3 times, against an England side that saw 6 of it's top 7 grab hundreds over the season, including Alistair Cook grabbing 3 and 766 runs overall.  This years group face an Australian batting line-up that is going much better and also lack their own batting line-up to put the runs up to bowl at.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 7:48pm
Stupendous listening.

reductio ad absurdum
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 9:28pm
Originally posted by djebel djebel wrote:

Stupendous listening.

Wow, what a speaker.
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 Nov 2021 at 11:16pm
That was fantastic.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 7:24am
Looking forward to this, should be a great month or so of viewing. Got tickets to day 1 Brisbane but I decided if I’ll go at this stage. One of the advantages of Gabba members still having to reserve a seat I suppose. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 7:54am
Why would you go? It will be a great days cricket
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 7:55am
Sorry typo. Why would you NOT go? It will be a great days cricket
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 8:26am
Agree, will be a great day of cricket. Guess I could have been clearer - whether I go or not will come down to whether I can actually make it. Won’t be a matter of wanting to. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shrunk in the Wash Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 8:34am
Phew, I though you were going to turn it into some Rona discussion LOL

Go, enjoy
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 8:39am
Why would you think I would do that? Haven’t you worked out that I think the whole thing is somewhat overblown at this stage?
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:35pm
Paine no longer captain. Sent a d*ck pic to a co worker back in 2017 or something. 

Amazing timing hey LOL

Sounds like a beat up to me. They were both texting and flirting before hand.
Time is a flat circle
marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:43pm
riDICKulous TJ!
anyway I have tickets to the third day - can't wait!
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:46pm
Ooops
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:48pm
http://www.foxsports.com.au/cricket/australia/cricket-australia-2021-tim-paine-sexting-scandal-texts-latest-news-investigation-the-ashes-sacked-resigns/news-story/f0f04ffd8664c276552f36217f98ab3d

Tim Paine has stood down as Australia captain after being investigated by Cricket Australia over sending a co-worker an explicit image of himself along with a string of lewd messages.

The 36-year-old was promoted to captain following the ball tampering scandal in South Africa in 2018 but has resigned in shame following the latest scandal to rock Australian cricket.

In a statement just released, Paine has told Cricket Australia that he will quit as captain, effective immediately.

Cricket Australia chairman Richard Freudenstein said: “Tim felt it was in the best interests of his family and Australian cricket to take this decision to step down as captain.

“The Board has accepted Tim’s resignation and will now work through a process with the National Selection Panel of identifying and appointing a new captain.”

According to the Herald Sun, the messages date back to the eve and the morning of the first Ashes Test at the Gabba in 2017.

They report that while some of the messages were too explicit to publish, the exchange included Paine suggesting to the woman: “Will you want to taste my *** ?? F*** me, I’m seriously hard.”

The messages also included what was described in the texts as a “dick pic”.

In a correspondence with Australia Cricket authorities in June 2018, the woman claimed she was offended by “Mr Paine’s sexually explicit, unwelcome and unsolicited photograph of his genitals in addition to the graphic sexual comments”.

Cricket Australia reportedly became aware of the messages as long ago as March 2018 after letter of complaint were sent to Cricket Australia and to Cricket Tasmania - the latter of which she worked at before resigning in 2017.

It is also reported that complaints were made to the Australian Human Rights Commission regarding alleged sexual harrassment in releation to the exchange.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:57pm
So who takes over the captaincy?
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 2:59pm
Does that article leave out what she was saying back to him? He didn't just send her a picture one day off the cuff.
Time is a flat circle
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:00pm
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

So who takes over the captaincy?

Cummins is VC. Or maybe give it back to Smith?
Time is a flat circle
Shawy38 View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Shawy38 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:02pm
She is just as much in the wrong here.

Feel sorry for the wife and kids.
Winning isn't everything, it's the only thing
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:03pm
They might parachute Cameron Bancroft into the job.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:03pm
She isn't the Australian Test captain.

Apparently this was believed to have been dealt with prior to him being appointed captain(does that mean people paid off?) and it has only surfaced again because the pics and texts are about to become public  He is resigning not sacked, he says for damage done to the game.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:04pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 19 Nov 2021 at 3:07pm
He and the woman had exchanged dozens of texts throughout that year.

But the correspondence became increasingly flirtatious between the woman and Paine, who has been married since 2016.

On November 22, 2017, after the woman joked about “partying like a rockstar”, Paine texted: “I like good girl (name removed). But this other one sounds interesting.”

“When I’m good I’m good. When I am bad I am brilliant,” she added, prompting Paine to ask: “Brilliantly bad??”

The following morning, just hours before Paine was due to take the field against England, the woman texted: “I will think naughty thoughts about you whilst we watch the TV.”

“I’m cracking! Ha ha. Naughty thoughts like what? I’m about to give something firm a pull…,” Paine responded.

The woman texted him back saying: “Ha, sorry I’m getting ready for work … it’s a big day for us kids.”

Then Paine texted: “Will you want to taste my ***?? F*** me, I’m seriously hard.”

In apparent reference to Paine’s wicket keeping duties later that day, the woman wrote in response: “I thought we were resting hands.”

Paine responded: “Can’t rest them when I’m this hard!! Need to ease the tension … Finish me off with those lips then (name deleted)”.

The text ended with a wink-face emoji.

Paine then sent what is described in correspondence as an unsolicited “dick pic”, before asking the woman: “Finish me off right now!!!”

The woman has claimed she was taken aback and found it offensive.
Time is a flat circle
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 14>