Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2021 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 3:07pm
SC, you are kidding, the only stage I ever went near was a Cobb & Co  stagecoach at the museum in Melbourne when I was a kid.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 3:17pm
Originally posted by Baghdad Bob Baghdad Bob wrote:

SC, you are kidding, the only stage I ever went near was a Cobb & Co  stagecoach at the museum in Melbourne when I was a kid.

I stand corrected, once when blind drunk I was encouraged by drunken mates to get up on the stage at a "Gentleman's club"  in the Reeperbahn in Hamburg in the late 1970s to dance with a young lady.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 3:36pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Am told the late actor Frank Thring downed about three or four bottles of Ben Ean moselle each day in his later years.  Was he a mate of yours Bob?  Big smile
Sold this wine a number of times at the Journalists Club Syd. in the mid 60s, it was only ordered by a certain type LOL and Bob as yours still sits there I can well understand , I don't think your that type LOLLOL
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 7:15am
More of a Royal Reserve Brown Muscat man myself - with the occasional cask of Fruity Gordo just to change it up a bit LOL
Refer ALP Election Promises
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 9:51am
Nothing like a good Chateau Cardboard, aye Bob ?? Wink  Not forgetting those flagons of Penfolds redThumbs UpThe Journo,s was a after works drink fave for us for some years, Carioca Big smile as it was nice and close to sign off.

animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 10:01am
Even if those bottles of Ben Ean Moselle are off, I could replace them with a nice cask of wine I could buy down at Dan Murphy’s for a moderate cost.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 10:15am
Dan has some nice Scottish whiskey on good special at present.  The real stuff.   That one that starts with L but is too hard to spell ? Laproh,,,, something ?  Glenfiddich, and a couple of the boutique ones from the Isles.
Beats Moselle hands down.
animals before people.
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 10:19am
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Dan has some nice Scottish whiskey on good special at present.  The real stuff.   That one that starts with L but is too hard to spell ? Laproh,,,, something ?  Glenfiddich, and a couple of the boutique ones from the Isles.

whisky *,  whiskey is Irish, US
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 10:23am

Even if those bottles of Ben Ean Moselle are off, I could replace them with a nice cask of wine I could buy down at Dan Murphy’s for a moderate cost.

The way things are going here you won’t have to. Not too many entries so far other than yourself. I’m sure we will see more as new year approaches. Can’t speak for others but currently I’m just pouring over all the form. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 10:32am
Thinking about that first prize in December 2021, I reckon I could afford to offer TWO casks of Shiraz, after all they are only $10 a 2 litre cask down at Dan’s.Wink

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 10:43am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

The way things are going here you won’t have to. Not too many entries so far other than yourself. I’m sure we will see more as new year approaches. Can’t speak for others but currently I’m just pouring over all the form. 
E&E why do you suppose I am offering such great prizes, I reckon I am a good chance of winning my own competition.Wink
A clue to studying the form is to get onto YouTube and seek out celebrities in their nineties. You may not get many bonus points under your “ younger deaths” bonuses but you will most likely find a few more “winners”. 
BTW, one condition you should put into your competition is that no previous selections can be duplicated by another entry.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 10:51am
Originally posted by fee fee wrote:

whisky *,  whiskey is Irish, US

Really ?   Then how come there are distilleries all thru the Highlands ? 
OH,,,,,the spelling nazi is stepping up to the board here .  I get it now.

animals before people.
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 11:00am
I remember years ago when I was running a business , I did a job for an old Scotsman, who promised me a bottle of Chivas Regal as I was doing such a good job. Unfortunately, all I got was a bottle of 100 Pipers. Either his opinion of my work declined, or he was a stingy old bugger who was not as good as his word. On reflection, the latter offers the best explanation.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 11:00am
Spelling Nazi, what do you think of the Yankee spellchecker on this site and everywhere? They p1ss me off. You type a word you've been using forever and you get red-lined.

"Huh? I'm sure that's the correct spelling but now I'm starting to doubt my own phenomenal spelling ability - better check. Damn Yankees."Angry
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 11:17am
Even if you add to dictionary it still treats the word differently whether it has a capital or not LOL

favourite 

Favourite

Time is a flat circle
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 11:24am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Spelling Nazi, what do you think of the Yankee spellchecker on this site and everywhere? They p1ss me off. You type a word you've been using forever and you get red-lined.

"Huh? I'm sure that's the correct spelling but now I'm starting to doubt my own phenomenal spelling ability - better check. Damn Yankees."Angry

I think we will eventually spell the US way. A few try to resist but it is like a finger in the dike  dyke Ouch
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 3:11pm
I reckon we can spell any way we dam well like !  Big smile  As 1x1 said on another thread.  Who seriously comes here to be educated ???LOL
animals before people.
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 3:33pm

I reckon we can spell any way we dam well like !  Big smile  As 1x1 said on another thread.  Who seriously comes here to be educated ??LOL?

I do , keeps me up to date on a number of topics , seriously 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 4:11pm
Like what, Fee   ??? Confused
animals before people.
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 4:15pm

Like what, Fee   ??? Confused

That can't be a serious question , a bit of humour no doubt Wink
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 4:47pm
I think AA is suggesting her brain is full and doesn't need anything else confusing it.
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Dec 2020 at 7:45pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I think AA is suggesting her brain is full and doesn't need anything else confusing it.

That must be it. I on the other hand realise my general knowledge is sorely lacking  and find TBV a good source on many topics
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 20 Dec 2020 at 7:28am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Originally posted by fee fee wrote:

This is an illegitimate thread, People will wait for E+ E to post the real one Wink

Well this is a fair point. It’s my competition and the thread has always been posted 2 weeks prior to the new year since it began a few years ago. Nevertheless, I’m glad to see Bob champing at the bit to get involved in the 2021 version. 

Seeing as he’s been so kind to jump the gun, here is the I to and rules:

With just over three weeks to go until 1 January it’s time to get your entries in. Plenty of time to think carefully about who will be visited by the grim reaper in the next 12 months. Entries close 11:59pm Sydney time 31 December.

Rules:
- List 10 people (celebrities preferably) who will kick the bucket in 2021
- No people with already known death dates (eg death row inmates) OR with pre-existing terminal illnesses where death is likely in 2021
- Death must be confirmed by a reputable source as occurring during 2021 in the location of their death – IE Someone dying in the USA at 6am Sydney time 1 January will not count.

Scoring:
Correct selection = 10 points
Bonus points = 100 minus age at death (eg a 75 year old correct selections scores 100-75=25 bonus points. NOTE: If your selection is over 100 you will lose points here.

Prize:
I will again put up a $20 bonus bet to the winner.
Scoring to be done individually at the end of the year
I may or may not check these reported scores. Depends if I could be bothered.

Enjoy this wonderful competition!

A reminder for anyone interested to get their entries in. 12 days of 2020 left so be quick. Unless you Isaac in which case you will be on here posting at 11:30pm on the 31st so you can do your entry then. . The comp is just for a bit of fun and remember there is a prize. I’ll let Bob speak for the seriousness of his offer but my $20 bonus bet is very much real as Saintly can attest to. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 10:46am
Ok studied the form for hours and come up with the following:

Prince Philip (he’s a special to go in 2021)

Queen Elizabeth (suspect if the prince goes she’s a special to fill the quinella)

Clive Palmer 

Bob Dole

Jimmy Carter

Molly Meldrum

Harvey Weinstein

John Howard

Ben Cousins

Bill Lawry

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 2:01pm
I dunno E&E.  I reckon Phil could go on forever.  LOL
animals before people.
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 2:08pm
Rowan Dean
Alan Jones
Rita Panihi
Andrew Bolt
Miranda Devine
Nigel Farage
Sean Hannity
Laura Ingraham
Tucker Carlson
Dr .Steve  Turley

marble View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote marble Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 2:17pm
you forgot trump Fee 
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 2:20pm
Originally posted by marble marble wrote:

you forgot trump Fee 

As PT says, I would rather see him fight multiple losing court actions and end up in prison Smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 2:35pm
Fee, is that a list of who you think will die, or who you hope will die ?Wink
animals before people.
SkyDancer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote SkyDancer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 Dec 2020 at 3:02pm
Prince Charles
Trump
Biden
Tony Abbott
Mariah Carey
Angelina Jolie
Sophie Monk
Dalai Lama
Kamahl 
Meghan Markle

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234 28>