Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2021 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 28>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 13 May 2021 at 11:54pm
Thats pretty amazing.   No hope of it happening with me and OH.  
My Aunt and Uncle had 70 years together and that was amazing for us. 
He was 6 months short of 100 when he died.  And was still living at home, and had all his marbles. 
animals before people.
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 14 May 2021 at 2:14pm
 I won't make the century mark, though I have multiple close relatives who lived well into their nineties. I would imagine that the closer you get to the end, the more you think about it.

Ouch 
Desert War, Rain Lover, Latin Knight, Hay List, Mustard...my turf heroes...
Grey Affair View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Grey Affair Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 3:24am
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 18 May 2021 at 5:44pm
Now thats a jockey  !!!  ClapR I P

animals before people.
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 3:32pm
RIP rugby league Immortal Bob Fulton aged 73
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 3:41pm
At least 20 people running a mountain marathon cross-country race have died in northwestern China after hail, freezing rain and gale winds hit the high-altitude track, rescuers say.

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2021-05-23/20-die-in-extreme-weather-in-in-china-cross-country-race/100158878

Frozen – ultrarunningmom
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 23 May 2021 at 4:27pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

RIP rugby league Immortal Bob Fulton aged 73

a bit of a shock to hear.

great footballer, like him or not.

Star
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 12:47am
No one has mentioned ?  Lorrae  ??   Desmond ?  About 91.   Starred in many Ozz productions but featured in A Country Practice . 
animals before people.
Baguette View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baguette Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 24 May 2021 at 12:59am
Fulton is a difficult one for someone who grew up at Cumberland Oval . God they used to hate him there! But I can admit we was a good player and it is sad he’s gone.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 6:18pm
Eric Carle, author of The Very Hungry Caterpillar, dead at 91.  
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 27 May 2021 at 6:22pm
Apparently starved to death.  Cry
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 28 May 2021 at 12:37am
 "he eat one pickle"

My daughter had to read part of The Hungry Caterpillar at her school assembly, at the age of five. We videoed her little section and still giggle over her original interpretation.

it's a simple but perfect book for early readers.

Heart
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 9:07am
Gavin MacLeod, of Love Boat and Mary Tyler Moore Show fame, at age 90.

He pops up in a lot of old movies, too. 
horlicks View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote horlicks Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 5:23pm
BJ Thomas whose best known hit was "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head"

He died of lung cancer at the age of 78
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 5:25pm

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 5:39pm
Originally posted by horlicks horlicks wrote:

BJ Thomas whose best known hit was "Raindrops Keep Falling on my Head"

He died of lung cancer at the age of 78

everybody's out of town and can't attend his funeral...

a favourite singer of mine.

Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 30 May 2021 at 6:38pm
Yep , easy to agree , lovely tone with great lyrics , I'm a fan . R.I.P. BJ. StarStarStar
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 11:01am
Len Ragozin 92.

Anyone who has followed Tipsters in the US will know about Ragozin and his Sheets.

Len Ragozin, the creator of The Ragozin Sheets, died peacefully Thursday evening at The Village at White River Junction, in White River Junction, Vt. He was 92.

The concept he created was an algorithm responsible for the first sophisticated work done on form-cycle analysis of racehorses. Depending on how the data is interpreted, horseplayers can better gauge the rate of development at various stages of a horse’s career.

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 7:27pm

Australian Olympic champion Rick Mitchell, who won silver in the 400-metre at the Moscow Olympics, died on Sunday night from prostate cancer.

Mitchell was the last Australian male runner to win an individual Olympic medal on the track. Men have since won Olympic medals in relays, in walks on the road and jumping medals in the track field, but no male has won an Olympic individual track medal since Mitchell.

The 66-year-old was a member of the Athletics Australia Hall of Fame, went to three Olympics and won Commonwealth gold, two silvers and a bronze.
oneonesit View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote oneonesit Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 31 May 2021 at 8:09pm
I remember that clearly. An unexpected result at the time as well - fantastic effort. Up against all the eastern block countries at the time. Not unlike the the result of Peter Norman 12 years earlier at Mexico City in the 200m - another unexpected silver medal. Prostrate Cancer gets another one.
Refer ALP Election Promises
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 1:30pm
Frances Lee Bailey , at 87.
Defence lawyer for O J Simpson, Patty Hearst, and the Boston Strangler.
He also defended Dr Sam Sheppard of "The Fugitive" movie fame. 
And Corporal Ernst Medina of the My Lai massacre .
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 04 Jun 2021 at 1:43pm
Originally posted by acacia alba acacia alba wrote:

Frances Lee Bailey , at 87.
Defence lawyer for O J Simpson, Patty Hearst, and the Boston Strangler.
He also defended Dr Sam Sheppard of "The Fugitive" movie fame. 
And Corporal Ernst Medina of the My Lai massacre .

Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 9:56am
The Mod Squad actor Clarence Williams III, 81.

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 2:24pm
David Dushman - last surviving liberator of Auschwitz. Gone at 98. 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Jun 2021 at 3:44pm
Bit off track, but on news yesterday, I saw these 100 plus years old blokes who landed on the Normandy beaches on D Day, and another fella was lifted off Dunkirk.  One chap was upright and walking with no aides and had all his marbles.   Thats pretty awesome.
animals before people.
Redemption View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Redemption Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 3:07pm
Respect Australian Filmmaker Peter Spann tragically passed away recently.
He was boasting on social media about getting his Covid Shot.
He started feeling very ill, went to hospital and died.
It has been confirmed he died from the Covid Shot.
Media very quiet on this one.

RIP Peter.  

Vaccines are safe and effective in my opinion.
ALL my posts are written as Sci-Fi, no different to an Orson Welles and should not be taken literally. Sci-fi is a genre of Fiction.
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 3:23pm
At the age of 23 I was diagnosed with Hypertrophic Cardiomyopathy.  It’s hereditary.  It can’t be cured.  And it kills.  Mostly fit, young people who have no idea they have it.

Without putting a fine point on it whenever you hear of someone dropping face down dead doing something like jogging around a park it’s probably undiagnosed HOCM lurking in the background.

When my Cardiologist found out that my birth mother had died of it when she was in her early 20’s he, well, freaked out.

His response was “You’ll be dead before you’re 25 so get your life in order and have some fun”.

From the man himself. He was then hospitalised 7 times in 2016 including for heart failure. 

Do you want the media to report 'very sick man dies'?
Time is a flat circle
jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 4:12pm
Originally posted by Redemption Redemption wrote:

Respect Australian Filmmaker Peter Spann tragically passed away recently.
He was boasting on social media about getting his Covid Shot.
He started feeling very ill, went to hospital and died.
It has been confirmed he died from the Covid Shot.
Media very quiet on this one.

RIP Peter.  

Vaccines are safe and effective in my opinion.

not so quiet. There are plenty of reports out there...

Peter Spann: 54-year-old Australian filmmaker dead two months after first experimental AstraZeneca shot

SYDNEY — A 54-year-old Australian filmmaker and businessman is dead despite acknowledging all the dangers surrounding the COVID-19 “vaccines” and having pre-existing conditions.

Mr. Peter Spann received his first dose of experimental AstraZeneca viral vector on March 25, according to his Facebook page. He confirmed it was the AstraZeneca shot in subsequent comments. Mr. Spann reported headaches and a fever that got progressively worse for a few days. But he said the symptoms resolved themselves days thereafter.

Mr. Spann and a Facebook friend named Brian Gillett had a back and forth discussion about the experimental shots, deaths and adverse reactions. After a long string of comments, Mr. Spann responded with his reasoning for getting the AstraZeneca experimental shot. He acknowledged that the shots were still in clinical trials and that he possibly would suffer adverse reactions. But he said it was the best decision for himself because he would probably die of COVID-19 if he caught it.

It is unlikely Mr. Spann received the second dose of AstraZeneca viral vector, as the Australian Department of Health recommends 12 weeks between the two shots. That would have put him on schedule to get the second injection on or around June 25. But he never got the chance.

Mr. Spann did not report any further adverse effects related to the shot. He seemed to be operating normally in life, and published his last Facebook post on May 22. Sometime in the days thereafter, Mr. Spann fell gravely ill. He was admitted to an intensive care unit and had unsuccessful surgery. Mr. Spann passed away on May 30.

jujuno View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote jujuno Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Jun 2021 at 4:19pm
 InsideEko is yet to confirm Peter Spann’s cause of death as no health issues, accident or other causes of death have been learned to be associated with the passing.

the man, himself stated in a post, after getting the jab: "I am also aware that with my co-morbidities, if I get covid I am highly likely to get very very sick from it and possibly die. But I'm taking the risk."  

The very same reasons I'm waiting until the Pfizer vaccine is available for my age group (and lower status than the Queensland premier).

Unhappy
Magnolian Khan View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote Magnolian Khan Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 11 Jun 2021 at 8:18pm
Geoff Edelsten dead at 78
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1 1415161718 28>