Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > All Sports - Public Forums > Joffs All Sports Bar
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2021 Dead Pool

Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Topic: 2021 Dead Pool
    Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 6:36pm
It is getting to the end of 2020 so before I forget I have put in my entries for 2021.

Christopher Plummer
Sidney Poitier
Mel Brooks
Dick Van Dyke
Eva Marie Saint
Angela Lansbury
Pierre Cardin
Ian Meckiff
Alan Davidson
Paul Hogan

Edited by Gay3 - 09 Dec 2020 at 7:18pm
max manewer View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 6:38pm
Is this a hybrid of a deed poll and a dead pool ?
Passing Through View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 6:54pm
I think you are supposed to vote for who you want to drop off the perch. 
Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 6:54pm
Hopefully Alan Jones and his similarly extreme right wing poofter mate David Flint.

Though as Seinfeld would say "not that there's anything wrong with that". 
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 6:56pm
He's a gem, old Flint, pushing the Trump voter fraud line, I noticed, till I was overcome by nausea and had to switch channels.
Baghdad Bob View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 6:57pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

Is this a hybrid of a deed poll and a dead pool ?

Sure is Wink

Topic title typo ammended Big smile

Edited by Gay3 - 09 Dec 2020 at 7:19pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 6:59pm
Originally posted by Passing Through Passing Through wrote:

I think you are supposed to vote for who you want to drop off the perch. 

Do not WANT them but predict they may fall off the perch.
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 7:19pm
Originally posted by Second Chance Second Chance wrote:

Hopefully Alan Jones and his similarly extreme right wing poofter mate David Flint.

Though as Seinfeld would say "not that there's anything wrong with that". 

David Flint right wing ?

In his rugby days ? 
reductio ad absurdum
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 7:24pm
Can you have Rudy with him riddled with COVID, or is that a pre-existing disqualifier?
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 8:05pm
This is an illegitimate thread, People will wait for E+ E to post the real one Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 8:09pm
For such a newcomer, fee, to have assumed authority over thread validity, amazes !
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 8:11pm
I saw a " dead un " in the last at Randwick friday, it's a must include before years out.LOL
acacia alba View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 9:49pm
Originally posted by max manewer max manewer wrote:

For such a newcomer, fee, to have assumed authority over thread validity, amazes !

Amusing isnt he, Max.Wink  Walks in and takes over ! These newbies never cease to amaze LOL
animals before people.
ExceedAndExcel View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 10:23pm
Originally posted by fee fee wrote:

This is an illegitimate thread, People will wait for E+ E to post the real one Wink

Well this is a fair point. It’s my competition and the thread has always been posted 2 weeks prior to the new year since it began a few years ago. Nevertheless, I’m glad to see Bob champing at the bit to get involved in the 2021 version. 

Seeing as he’s been so kind to jump the gun, here is the I to and rules:

With just over three weeks to go until 1 January it’s time to get your entries in. Plenty of time to think carefully about who will be visited by the grim reaper in the next 12 months. Entries close 11:59pm Sydney time 31 December.

Rules:
- List 10 people (celebrities preferably) who will kick the bucket in 2021
- No people with already known death dates (eg death row inmates) OR with pre-existing terminal illnesses where death is likely in 2021
- Death must be confirmed by a reputable source as occurring during 2021 in the location of their death – IE Someone dying in the USA at 6am Sydney time 1 January will not count.

Scoring:
Correct selection = 10 points
Bonus points = 100 minus age at death (eg a 75 year old correct selections scores 100-75=25 bonus points. NOTE: If your selection is over 100 you will lose points here.

Prize:
I will again put up a $20 bonus bet to the winner.
Scoring to be done individually at the end of the year
I may or may not check these reported scores. Depends if I could be bothered.

Enjoy this wonderful competition!

Edited by horlicks - 10 Dec 2020 at 2:56pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Dec 2020 at 10:26pm
Obviously the copy and paste should have had a few dates changed above
But you get the idea.
Tlazolteotl View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 7:59am
Baghdad Bob should just take down a few names next time he's at the Toorak Croquet Club.
An honest politician is one who when he is bought will stay bought.

Simon Cameron

fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 8:51am
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Baghdad Bob should just take down a few names next time he's at the Toorak Croquet Club.

LOLLOL
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 8:57am
Not many points in that lot.
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:04am
Originally posted by ExceedAndExcel ExceedAndExcel wrote:

Well this is a fair point. It’s my competition and the thread has always been posted 2 weeks prior to the new year since it began a few years ago. Nevertheless, I’m glad to see Bob champing at the bit to get involved in the 2021 version. 

Very nice of you to share this thread with him Thumbs Up
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Passing Through Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:11am
Maybe Bob could introduce a monthly update of points, a leaderboard in his thread.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote ExceedAndExcel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:21am

What can I say, just the kind of guy I am. Big smile

There’s just no point posting an identical thread next week and confusing people throughout the year. The comp is still mine and I will still be providing the prize as I did last year. Hopefully someone can find a winner with it this time. Saintly backed something that’s still running 10 months later I think.

That’s said, if Bob wants to add to the prize pool he is welcome to contribute. Perhaps one of those bottles of 1980s era Grange he was telling us about? That would add some spice to the comp. Get the blood flowing with interest at unprecedented levels. It would be enough to send Isaac to the ER.
fee View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote fee Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:25am

That’s said, if Bob wants to add to the prize pool he is welcome to contribute. Perhaps one of those bottles of 1980s era Grange he was telling us about? That would add some spice to the comp. Get the blood flowing with interest at unprecedented levels. It would be enough to send Isaac to the ER.
[/QUOTE]

I get the impression Bob wouldn't shout if a shark bit his left one, but good luck with that Wink
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 9:31am
I would like to take part, E&E , but blowed if I can think of 10 celebs who might be close to the drop off.
One would suspect Prince Phillip must be getting close.
Rupert Murdoch. ( After seeing those photos a few weeks back ).
Ole Rubber Lips looks like a bag of bones with a bit of leather draped over them,  but if he is still shagging that 33 year old ballerina maybe he will last forever. Wink
Michael Douglas  pretty much the same.
Struggling to think of any more.
animals before people.
EnableMe View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote EnableMe Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:03am
Why would you be tipping Michael Douglas given family form AA? 

Edited by horlicks - 10 Dec 2020 at 2:57pm
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:14am
Eva Marie Saint - On the Waterfront
Mike Nussbaum - Men in Black
Gloria Henry - Dennis the Menace 
Larry Storch -  F Troop
Carl Reiner
Betty White
Norman Lloyd- Dead Poets Society 

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote acacia alba Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 10:23am
Thats true, Enable Me , but he does have a much younger wife,  and keeping up with younger wives cant be easy Wink and last time I saw pics of him he looked aweful.  Thats all I was thinking.
animals before people.
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Baghdad Bob Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 2:49pm

What can I say, just the kind of guy I am. Big smile

There’s just no point posting an identical thread next week and confusing people throughout the year. The comp is still mine and I will still be providing the prize as I did last year. Hopefully someone can find a winner with it this time. Saintly backed something that’s still running 10 months later I think.

E & E I have a nice couple of bottles of Ben Ean Moselle at the bottom of my wine cellar for the winner and I could thrown in a bottle of Piper-Heidsieck Brut Champagne ( NV ) to the runner up. That Ben Eam must have been sitting there for 30 odd years and could have value as collector's item.Tongue

Second Chance View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Second Chance Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 2:58pm
Am told the late actor Frank Thring downed about three or four bottles of Ben Ean moselle each day in his later years.  Was he a mate of yours Bob?  Big smile
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Tlazolteotl Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 3:05pm
Originally posted by Tlazolteotl Tlazolteotl wrote:

Eva Marie Saint - On the Waterfront
Mike Nussbaum - Men in Black
Gloria Henry - Dennis the Menace 
Larry Storch -  F Troop
Carl Reiner
Betty White
Norman Lloyd- Dead Poets Society 

Confident of a big result here. TongueBiggest danger is not making it to the end of this month.Dead

Simon Cameron

Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote max manewer Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Dec 2020 at 3:06pm
You are such a gossip, SC, no-one's secrets are safe !
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  123 28>