Go to Villagebet.com.au for free horse racing tips - Click here now
Forum Home Forum Home > Horse Racing - Public Forums > Racing Forum
  FAQ FAQ  Forum Search   Events   Register Register  Login Login

Thoroughbred Village Home Page. For village news, follow @TBVillage on Twitter. For horseracing tips, follow @Villagebet on Twitter. To contact the Mayor by email: Click Here.

2020-21 Racing Season

Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>
Author
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote kavg Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 4:16pm
Thanks for that Furious.
Interesting reading and probably says something about our training and/or facility standards. We should not have cultural cringe and believe that the overseas product is better but unfortunately due to circumstances our owners/trainers are in it for a quick buck and they choose to buy a furnished product rather than put the work in.

Prejudice is an emotional attachment to ignorance.
DiEM25 for the world.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 5:00pm
It is like calling our horses colonials.  They are Australasian.  The first name is just keeping them in a corner.  The second just says where they come from.  

Imagine having a horse decending from Flight.  I think her female line failed with the last filly only getting colts.  But the line is still there in the dam of Baltic Success.  This is the Pedrille family of I am Invincible (his name seems to crop up every week among the stakes races) Mamzelle Pedrille (Theo Marks, Sandown S etc), O'Lonhro, Diamond Drille (Queen of the Turf), Madame Pedrille (Triscay S), M'Lady Pedrille and Ragged Rascal. 

I wonder what it could do if a stallion with many lines of Star Kingdom is put to it.  I know I am Invincible has Canny in the mix but something like Written Tycoon would also be interesting.
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Oct 2020 at 7:30pm

RV review Werribee incident

Racing Victoria is conducting a review into the injury and subsequent death of international galloper Involved at the Werribee International Horse Centre.

The six-year-old broke two sesamoid bones during a gallop at the Werribee track and was later euthanised.

Involved was one of Australian Bloodstock’s horses and was to be sent to leading trainers Ciaron Maher and Dave Eustace to prepare.

He carried a low international rating and so was not considered a 2020 spring prospect, but hopes were high he could develop into one in another 12 months.

A Racing Victoria statement read:

‘’Racing Victoria can confirm that the Ciaron Maher and David Eustace-trained import Involved sustained an injury in trackwork at the TAB International Horse Centre last Friday (October 16).

‘’The horse was transported to the University of Melbourne Equine Centre in Werribee for assessment where it was determined that the horse had fractured two sesamoid bones in its left fore limb.

‘’Having considered the diagnosis and the prospects of a satisfactory recovery, the connections determined on veterinary advice that the appropriate course of action was for the horse to be humanely euthanised.

‘’As is standard practice, RV Veterinary Services are conducting a fatality review that will include a post mortem and a review of the horse’s medical history and training regime.

‘’The preliminary veterinary advice is that the Werribee track, which was rated a Soft 6 on the day, was unlikely to have played any role in the horse’s injury.’’

The last fatal racing injury on the Werribee track was in 2013. In the seven seasons since, over 4750 horses have started in races and officials trials at Werribee with no fatal racing injuries reported.

Last year, Racing Victoria contributed to the purchase of a $1.27 million state-of-the-art CT scanner following the breakdowns and subsequent deaths in 2018 at Werribee trackwork of internationals Hamada and The Pentagon and of The Cliffsofmoher during the running of the Melbourne Cup.

Last year, the scanner picked up issues with the 2018 runner-up Marmelo and of Godolphin horse Ispolini, resulting in both horses being scratched from the Cup.

All Melbourne Cup horses will be vet tested before they are permitted to start.

Wisdom has been chasing me but I've always outrun it!
Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Oct 2020 at 8:53pm
And another Cry

The Aidan O’Brien-trained Wichita has been euthanised after a further problem with the same leg he fractured in an incident at the Werribee quarantine facility.

Wichita suffered a fracture to his off-side hind leg after galloping at Werribee earlier this month, which required surgery at the nearby University of Melbourne Equine Centre.

Wichita was taken to Lloyd Williams’ Macedon Lodge property to start his recovery when disaster struck.

Connections advised Racing Victoria of Wichita’s death last Friday.

Wichita was placed in the Group 1 2000 Guineas (1m) in England in June and won at Group 2 level at Doncaster at his last start in September.

The University of Melbourne Equine Centre will perform a post-mortem examination of Wichita.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 1:28pm
We sometimes underestimate the great work our sprinters do in bring speed to a pedigree even over a longer trip.  

The first five placegetters in yesterday's Victoria Derby had the name of Luskin Star in their pedigree.  Now Luskin Star was speed on legs as a two year old.  He just was a joy to watch.  But his name often appears in a staying pedigree.  Don't know whether we've had the the first five home in the Derby before. 

We are so used to seeing that other speed demon Biscay’s name in a stayers pedigree that seeing him in most pedigrees isn’t worth a mention anymore. 

But others like Baguette, Todman, Marauding, Zeditave, Kaoru Star, Bletchingly, Canny Lad, Fiesta Star, Exceed and Excel and Snitzel are now showing up in stayers pedigrees.  So once again I say don’t underestimate our home breed speed stallions.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Nov 2020 at 1:55pm
Now taking on the above theme in the Melbourne cup are some also with Australian breed sprinters.  Others with Australian or New Zealand breed middle distance horses like Noholme, Ocean Park, Savabeel, Grosvenor, Zabeel, Talking, Royal Gem which I haven't listed.  Only the sprinter milers -

Anthony Van Dyck – Exceed and Excel

Vow and Declare – Testa Rossa, Sir Dapper, Vain

Sir Dragonet – Pago Pago, Matrice

Verry Elleegant – Danroad, Imposing, Todman

The Chosen One – Flying Spur, Todman

Warning – Flying Spur, Cool Ted

Etah James – Danasinga

Oceanex – Thorn Park, Bletchingly, Danasinga

Persan – Pierro, Mossman, Canny Lad, Bletchingly, Biscay, Marauding, Kaoru Star

Yes Persan does take it to extreme and then drew an outside barrier so if he stays he'll have to do it the extreme hard way!

The above listed stallions also included many champion two year olds.  Many won or sired winners of our Golden Slipper.  Well most of Persan's pedigree is just Slipper, Slipper Slipper.  So I for one hope against hope that he shows us something to cheer about.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 15 Dec 2020 at 8:38am
We are closing on half way through the season.  Racing has continued to thrive despite all the set backs and challengers thrown at it this season.

Some of my favourite moments so far have been 

Getting the trifecta in the Melbourne Cup and sharing it with my Mum and Sister - we had a lovely lunch out.  The only way it could of been better is if Persan had managed to run a place (had him in the group also)

Classique Legend storming away in the Everest

Probabeel and Funstar finishing first and second in the Epsom

Verry Elleegants courage in the Turnbull Stakes on a good track (and no I wasn't on her I thought the track would of been too hard) and then her Caulfield Cup win on a more suitable surface.

Ole Kirk and North Pacific's Golden Rose battle and then is win in the Guineas (lovely looking colts)

Arcadia Queen's Caufield Stakes win coming back from hoof issues and then also her MacKinnon win.  On her day the best we have to offer.

Behemoths Memsie win

Montefilia trouncing the boys in the Spring Champion S

Mr Quickie's Toorak (he's a favourite)

Rock Magic (who I've followed from the sales) finishing 3rd in a G1 at the prime age of 11.  Who said the Redoute's couldn't go on with the job.  This boy turns up every year.

I'm sure you all have some fond memories also.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 17 Dec 2020 at 4:34pm
Well the big one for me furious was Johnny Get Angry in the derby. Top ride from the son of a gun (I hope he gets a kick along from that ride). A really good joint job done by Dennis Pagan and Troy Corstens in selecting the horse at the sales, and Troy's advise also on his prep right from earlier in the year. And of course the $31 on offer helped as well.

The emergence of the female riders at the pointy end of the big races. Jamie Kah is a Star as we all know, but Rachel King is not far off. 

The success of Bob Peters in Melbourne was very good for racing, in my opinion. It shows Bob that at this point in time he has a group of horses capable of transfering their form east and being competitive and winning group 1's. I hope to see Arcadia Queen, Superstorm, Windstorm, Perfect Jewel, Inspirational Girl and others being set for not only Melbourne but also Sydney.

The other thing from the spring that I like is the anticipation of what the autumn has instore. Can not wait to see how Montefillia comes back. Will we see some quality 3yo emerge for the staying events, Young Werther and others have good potential. The 3yo sprinters look a good group. capable of mixing it with Bivouac, Nature Strip, Libertini, Trekking, and of course the best horse to come from South Australia for at least five years in Gytrash. 3yo's like North Pacific, Doubtland (especially down the straight), September Run (again an ideal Lightning Newmarket 3yo), Swats That, Wild Ruler (ideal Oakleigh Plate hope), and if we can get Rothfire back to near what he was and anything up to 1100m for Anders he will keep them honest. But obviously the four year olds emerging are exciting with Probabeel and Funstar at the fore front. Then we can add Bivouac, Behemoth, Libertini, Russian Camelot, Collette, and many others my personal favs Superstorm (lets hope he can actually draw a barrier next prep and he showed he can handle the wet in the Golden Eagle so hopefully he aims him at the Doncaster) and the Gai pair of Riodini and Shout The Bar. 

And also that Melbourne Cup ride Clap To lead all the way on a horse in the Cup is hard to accomplish, and I rate that ride one of the best I have seen in the race. He rode a perfect front running race by keeping his opponents happy and at bay, which then saw Jye able to ride his horse at a safe speed to allow him to kick hard and hang on for the win. Can not underestimate that ride!  

It was a great spring racing wise, and lets hope we can see all the players back on the stage in the autumn.         

Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 6:32pm
Have just seen the news that Te Akau Racing has announced Te Akau Shark has been retired due to ongoing complications with his vision.

That is a huge blow for connections, fans and the racing next year Unhappy  
Remember, it might take intelligence to be smart , but it takes experience to be wise
TJMitchell View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (1) Thanks(1)   Quote TJMitchell Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 6:44pm
The Shark and Santa on the same day. Only a couple days after Almond Eye was officially retired. Big few days.
Time is a flat circle
djebel View Drop Down
Premium
Premium

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote djebel Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 21 Dec 2020 at 7:27pm
Sounds like an even bigger blow for Te Akau Shark.
reductio ad absurdum
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 2:24am
Just a question for the breeding buffs.

I have been doing research for podcast about the group 1 racing in 2020 and I noticed a horse called Enrich Delight running fourth in the Australian Guineas. I did not remember a horse in my call with that name so I looked it up and then remembered that the name sounded familiar but not from Australian racing.

So finally worked out that it was Chenier, who now races as Enrich Delight. But has any breeding researcher or racing historian noticed that other media outlets have changed horses Australian names to their overseas names, for their whole career, even before they were renamed?

If they start doing this it could get very confusing for australian racing researchers who do not watch or study overseas racing.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 2:26am
Sorry I should mention I was using the Racenet results page for my research.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 9:01am
It's to do with connecting the horses race record Voyager.  If the connection is the name then it has to change.  If it is date of birth and pedigree then both names will connect.  But the computer databases which run these things do have trouble with the HK habit of changing names.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 9:04am
It is alot easier if the racehorse hasn't been a stakes winner in his home country.  Fewer people remember the original name of a minor winner or named trial winner.  If caught up in the stakes results for different countries it gets trickier finding the right way to deal with it.  Most searches are done on names so data entries get the latest name to connect all the races involved.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 9:08am
One of the stakes winners from the weekend in HK Champion's Way is in Dizzy's TBV stable.  She lost track of it because he raced in Australia as Tony's Tale.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 3:25pm
Thanks furious Thumbs Up

I just asked because that was the first time I had seen it actually changed and shown, in a Australian publication or website. Usually the way I had seen it done was that they had the original name and then in brackets it was the changed name.

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 03 Jan 2021 at 4:49pm
Yes each site has their own way of doing it.  I've tried a few ways!  It's hard to work out the best.
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 9:23am
Did anyone else note the 2200m stakes winner in New Zealand yesterday.  Bullbars (sprinter), Zeditave (sprinter), Bletchingly (Sprinters) and of course their sires THe Judge and Biscay sprinters. 

Now without a doubt this is a staying family - it is the Manto family also of Written Tycoon and Better Than Ready fame.  And behind that panel of pure speed we find Balmerino , Oncidium, Gigantic, Summertime etc etc.  But unlike many of our present day horses in Australia the speed in his pedigree hasn't stopped him going out over a distance.

The Manto line also gave us Trenton back in the day.  His stamina went out into the world and yes it was a fast stayer type of stamina.  We have to change our thinking.  We have stayers from some of the best staying lines in the world.  We have to learn to trust ourselves and maybe look deep into the female line to find the gems we have in Australia and New Zealand.

Written Tycoon has plenty of stamina in his pedigree also and while he hasn't got a top stayer yet I'm hoping he gets the chance to show he can also follow in the footsteps of Fastnet Rock, Bletchingly and Biscay and take his speed out over a staying trip.

He and Better than Ready have so many similarities.  WT - Kenmare, Vain, Better Boy, Summertime.  BTR - Keltrice (by Kenmare from a Vain mare), Century (son of BB) and a couple back to Orgoglio (sire of the dam of Vain).  And while his sire More than Ready did get one outstanding middle distance horse in Dreamaway maybe Better than Ready will need a very stout partner to find his stamina.  

Gay3 View Drop Down
Moderator Group
Moderator Group

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Gay3 Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 10 Jan 2021 at 9:29am
Tycoon Bec by Written Tycoon, won over 1800 at Flem. y/day with Cumani stable suggesting she needs further Smile
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 01 Feb 2021 at 6:21pm
Okay we only have a few sleeps before the first group1 of the autumn and so it is that time when I show how fantastic Wacko Clown my crystal ball is and select the winners of the upcoming group 1's.

C.F.Orr - Streets Of Avalon/Crosshaven
Black Caviar Lightning Stakes - Libertini/Pippie (interesting to see the owners are selling her)
Futurity - Behemoth/Tagaloa
Blue Diamond - Enthaar/Ingratiating
Oakleigh Plate - Swats That/Wild Ruler
Australian Guineas - Young Werther/Grandslam
Chipping Norton - Verry Ellegant/Kolding
Surround Stakes - Dame Giselle/Hungry Heart
Randwick Guineas - Mo'unga/Kings Legacy
Newmarket - September Run/Zoutori
Australian Cup - Arcadia Queen/Fifty Stars
Canterbury Stakes - Savatiano/North Pacific
Coolmore Classic - Odeum/Collette
William Reid - Bivouac/September Run
Golden Slipper - Shaquero/Remarque
Rosehill Guineas - Young Werther/Budapest
The Galaxy - Eduardo/Standout (if the track is rain affected replace with Dame Giselle)
George Ryder - Melody Belle/Superstorm
Rawson - Addeyebb/Verry Elleegant
H.E.Tancred - Verry Ellegant/Sir Dragonet
Storm Queen - Montefillia/Personal
ATC Derby - Budapest/Favereaux
ATC Sires - Acrobat/Marine One
Doncaster - Collette/Ole Kirk/Mugatoo/Superstorm
T.J.Smith - Bivouac/Wild Ruler
Sydney Cup - The Chosen One/Great House
ATC Oaks - Personal/NZ Oaks winner
Queen Elizabeth - Sir Dragonet/Verry Elleegant
Queen Of The Turf - Emeralds/Collette
Champagne Stakes - Acrobat/Home Affairs
All Aged Stakes - Tofane/Behemoth

Good luck if you have any of these in any futures bets Big smile

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 22 Feb 2021 at 9:24am
Its amazing what a few weeks in to the new year has done you those picks Voyager.  So much has changed in the two year old ratings with a few new exciting youngsters rising up the ratings.  Interesting but I think the colts may be on top again - well at the moment!

We were saying the sprinters were a bit weak on the ground and yet the Oakleigh Plate was a field where quite a few could of won and we had a dead heat.

The staying three year olds don't seem to be out yet but for middle distance Aegon surely put his had up to say he will not be easy to get past.

The west has stood up to be counted.  They could pick up a few more G1's in the coming weeks.  Most which have come across are showing form already and all should improve (as will others already based in the east).

The mares are back.  Probabeel and Arcadia Queen are no doubt going to fight out a few more races before AQ goes up in distance.  Will they keep Probabeel at a mile or also send her out over a trip.  VElleegant is also in the wins.  Her first up run maybe not a brilliant as we have seen from her but it's a long way yet to the Queen Elizabeth.

The First Season Sires are kicking the ball around between themselves.  This is mine ok you can have that one etc.  The first G1 goes into their camp.  I will hazard a guess that it won't be the last 2yo G1 which they will win this year.  Can they keep holding the older boys at bay and win the open premiership?

We say in HK yesterday another Australian breed G1 winners beating a NZ Pierro/Redoute's cross.  How many of our races have been weakened by the strong HK dollar?  While we retire the best colts as three year olds their gelded placegetters get sent overseas and we bring in older horses from Europe to take their places.  Who knows how long that can be sustained with the cost of imports going up all the time.

Anyway exciting times ahead.  I want to go to the slipper but haven't been to the races since this bug hit and haven't got a clue if it is reasonable to even hope to get a ticket in.  Then I'll be away for the big Randwick Carnival weeks with little or no internet to see the racing.  But we have to go in the school holidays as grandaughter is on the trip to visit outback Queensland and his queensland cousins in Cairns.  As everything booked out we are camping so expect me back with back issues but a healthy tan.  Oh scrap that I'm supposed to stay out of the sun!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 25 Feb 2021 at 11:27am
Looked at Grandstand prices but it seems no one to go with.  Mum can't handle the stairs and sister really can't justify the cost when like me a senior but she doesn't even have part time work.  So if I go I sit alone.  So probably wont go this year.  Yes feeling sorry for myself which isn't healthy but so much changes when you loose a husband.  I guess I just have to lean to do things myself!
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 26 Feb 2021 at 5:44pm
OK I'm going so I'll no doubt be late getting results in that day.  Daughter agreed to come with me.  Can't miss another Slipper Day.
VOYAGER View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote VOYAGER Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 4:03am
Can I just ask everyone a question.

I have noticed this season that Racing.com tv shows do not look at NSW races, while Sky do not look at Victorian races.

Now I know that each is owned by the states industry, but this season has seen very very little attention given to the other states races.

I am watching Thoroughbred Weekly and they only had a two minute segment on the Australian Cup and nothing, nothing at all on the Newmarket Handicap.

Is this a deliberate ploy to ruin the other states racing coverage? is it a reactive thing because NSW and Victoria are at loggerheads over several issues including the whip and whether the Everest should be a group 1? 

If so then I can not think of another national sport anywhere in the world which tries so hard to sabotage its own product.

F$#king crazy Wacko Confused
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 6:09am
It's been like that since the split,  possibly they have to pay other state for the races or something like that.  Thank heavens channel seven run both. I forget to change the channel otherwise.  The divisions between states is only hurting the industry as a whole.  But I think the channels have their hands tied with what content the can display.
Carioca View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Carioca Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 11:47am
This subject has been brought up before but neither of the offending clubs have come together to thrash things out for the sake of common sense so it will continue imo , pop up races , programming to keep a champion racing in her home state , egotistical people hell bent protecting their " patch " , couldn't care less about either anymore , its childish and ruining a big pie that was shared around , not anymore .
furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 1:05pm
Well I don't think I've seen this before -

LIWA (AUS)Chestnut filly 2018 
Mulaazem
Chestnut 2009
Dubai Destination
Bay 1999
Kingmambo
Bay 1990
Mr Prospector
Bay 1970
Raise a Native
Gold Digger
8-f
13-c
Miesque
Bay 1984
Nureyev
Pasadoble
5-h
20>
Mysterial
Bay or brown 1994
Alleged
Bay 1974
Hoist the Flag
Princess Pout
5-i
2-s
Mysteries
Chestnut 1986
Seattle Slew
Phydilla
13-c
6-b
Watchful
Bay 2001
Danehill
Bay 1986
Danzig
Bay 1977
Northern Dancer
Pas de Nom
2-d
7-a
Razyana
Bay 1981
His Majesty
Spring Adieu
4-d
2-d
Canny Miss
Chestnut 1991
Marscay
Chestnut 1979
Biscay
Heart of Market
2-o
4-m
Jesmond Lass
Chestnut 1975
Lunchtime
Beautiful Dreamer
7-f
14>
Sboog
Brown 2009
Redoute's Choice
Bay 1996
Danehill
Bay 1986
Danzig
Bay 1977
Northern Dancer
Pas de Nom
2-d
7-a
Razyana
Bay 1981
His Majesty
Spring Adieu
4-d
2-d
Shantha's Choice
Bay 1992
Canny Lad
Brown 1987
Bletchingly
Jesmond Lass
7-a
14>
Dancing Show
Bay 1983
Nijinsky
Show Lady
8-f
8-f
Schiaparelli
Chestnut 1999
Woodman
Chestnut 1983
Mr Prospector
Bay 1970
Raise a Native
Gold Digger
8-f
13-c
Playmate
Chestnut 1975
Buckpasser
Intriguing
1-s
1-s
Canny Lass
Chestnut 1982
Bletchingly
Brown 1970
Biscay
Coogee
2-o
7-a
Jesmond Lass
Chestnut 1975
Lunchtime
Beautiful Dreamer
7-f
14>
 Ancestor duplications:Mr Prospector4m x 4m Danehill3f x 3m Biscay5m x 5m 
  Jesmond Lass4f x 5m,4f Bletchinglyx 5m,4f

furious View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote furious Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 08 Mar 2021 at 1:06pm
LR winner at Ascot yesterday.
Brudder_A View Drop Down
Champion
Champion

Post Options Post Options   Thanks (0) Thanks(0)   Quote Brudder_A Quote  Post ReplyReply Direct Link To This Post Posted: 09 Mar 2021 at 12:10am
The scheduling of the Adelaide Cup IMO is a farce and no matter how the racing industry has positioned itself with the State government to have a "holiday" to celebrate the occasion for poor collection of entrants for what is a GROUP 2. What is supposed to be so vital as to celebrate this occasion in SA? Its not a carnival, its not an impact to the state its not even now a blimp in the racing calendar. And that was not how the Adelaide Cup was!

Add to insult the race is scheduled on the same day as the Canberra Cup.

The racing administration in SA has proven that that they are in stride with the minimization of the sport. How SAGreat is this? Lets all move the barns to Murray Bridge or Gawler.

Forgetabout Adelaide, Mate!
 Post Reply Post Reply Page  <1234>